Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Harvest Dwarf II: Little Dwarf on the Prairie [34.02]  (Read 24322 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Harvest Dwarf II: Little Dwarf on the Prairie [34.02]
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2012, 09:13:00 pm »

Ok that makes sense.
But thanks for the idea of tearing up everyone's floors.

Diary of HOG:Happy to have a proper room again I've already got plans to make the first bridge of this place. The forcible move gave me a wonderful idea. Floors are not needed at this time so I'll just use them to make my bridge.  :D
There's actually no shortage of wood, the bottom level is just about tapped out but the hill is covered in trees.

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2012, 09:14:26 pm »

Ok that makes sense.
But thanks for the idea of tearing up everyone's floors.

Diary of HOG:Happy to have a proper room again I've already got plans to make the first bridge of this place. The forcible move gave me a wonderful idea. Floors are not needed at this time so I'll just use them to make my bridge.  :D
There's actually no shortage of wood, the bottom level is just about tapped out but the hill is covered in trees.
ok
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2012, 02:01:22 am »

I'd love a turn, put me on the list please. Sounds like a fun challenge. How do we handle military stuff though? Are we aloud to make people train part time? If not, I can't imagine how we'll survive. Lots o' wardogs?
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2012, 01:53:52 pm »

From the journal of His Royal Benevolence the God-President For Life whom has never even thought of stuffing a ballot box with ballots bearing his name written with his off hand because that would be dishonest behavior and he is a man of honor Broseph Stalin I
FALL
Most houses have tables now and I've roofed some existing structures. I've also designated the first floor of the mushroom farm as a chicken coop, we can finally get them breeding. I've moved the buffalo pasture to a nearby hill and had a farmers workshop built nearby to milk them. I'll see to it the first clutch of eggs is not disturbed but between the crops and cheese we should be able to barter effectively with the caravans. Ute's been put to work taking stock of everything in the town, if we run low on something I don't want to be caught with my pants around my ankles. I'm also considering selling the buffalo and placing an order for some cattle, the buffalo need a great deal of micromanagement or else they exhaust their food supply and begin fighting over what remains. Questions have been raised about the legitimacy of my election and I don't think I'll be in the big chair next year. No migrants again, something's gone wrong there's no other explanation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sandstone

There's no shortage of supplies or time, there's a bed for each man and a healthy supply of labor for anybody willing to do it. The underground farm has been moved, the area under the warehouse can support more plots. For some reason nobody is clearing the strawberry seeds from the still. There's not much more to do, everything's peaceful right now but there isn't enough time to start working on the bridge. I suppose the rest of my term will be spent managing the collection of wood and storage of crops.
Timber.

Traders came. Ute negotiated for some stone blocks, a few cords of wood, and a ram. Stupid Kobolds tried to steal from us again and gave Hog a start but they didn't get anything. I'm having all the paths re-beaten and a stone walkway built for Manor Laureate. There's a surplus of kittens and a deficit of meat, I'll think up a creative solution. The animal people are a constant threat but apparently they don't consider anything in our stockpiles to be worth tangling with us over. A bit more furniture for the homes perhaps? What else can be done. Our population is stagnant and day to day activites require a good deal of attention. I suppose I'll draft a few of the layabouts as farmers and woodcutters, there's no real purpose but it might keep them from cranking out any more babies.

We have a queen but I think our civilization is dead. That's the only reason I can think of that there hasn't been a single migrant.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 02:04:04 pm by Broseph Stalin »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2012, 03:13:56 pm »

If this follows older versions, the migrants will come, you just need to make more value. Because you arn't digging, you need to get cloth manufacturing going. Since you arn't making easy value from creating stones everywhere.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2012, 03:21:57 pm »

If this follows older versions, the migrants will come, you just need to make more value. Because you arn't digging, you need to get cloth manufacturing going. Since you arn't making easy value from creating stones everywhere.
I've had forts that dug nothing but clay and produced nothing but food and had every single migrant wave die before they reached the fort and even then I've never seen migrants just stop coming without the civilization being dead.

Llamainaspitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2012, 04:54:10 pm »

It's probably preparing for big waves
it's only been what, 3 or 5 months?

just wait a bit.
they'll come in a storm.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2012, 09:04:22 pm »

From the journal of the kind, even tempered, benevolent, and generally very stable conscientious and grounded Fearless Leader and God-President For Life Broseph Stalin who would never engage in the practice of locking himself in government buildings for the purposes of taking hostages, squatting indefinitely, or screaming obscenities at birds.
Moonstone

Finally found the root of that seed debacle, apparently I'd issued an order not to collect any food (or more likely the drink did and I happened to be there). I've designated half of the remaining trees to be cut down just to give the workers something to do. 12 chicks were born, the next 12 eggs will also be allowed to hatch. We don't need eggs for anything in particular so it's really a better idea to consider the time an investment in meat. A crossbowman who followed the caravans shot one of the sparrow women out of the sky and one of the macemen bashed it. It bit a baby or something I wasn't really paying attention.

Opal
I've ordered the miner to reshape the surrounding hills to give whoever takes this dump over some more building space. I used to dread my term ending, then I was excited to go back to my old life, now I don't care. This place is just a blister on the riverbank, eventually this wood is going to rot away and nobody will remember it ever stood. I spend my days in the Manor Laureate pondering things and waiting for something to break the monotony. I eagerly await to hear one of the numerous animal people scooped up a child or one of the woodcutters hacked his own leg open. This place is awful. I've grown tired of providing for these dregs. No more.

Obsidian

No more “Community Property” this place is not and will never be a “thriving farming town” it's a pit to which we eleven unlucky souls have been condemned. We are not friends, we are not neighbors, we just live here. The community plots have been decommissioned and each man has been instructed to make his own farm plot. If he can survive on his own then more power to him if he cant' then may he rot. Your home is yours, your crops are yours but The Manor Laureate is mine! You bastards think you can take my manor? My legacy? Burn! All of you burn in hell! I've barred the doors, you can't have anything in here it's all mine. I've taken one of the children as my honorary son and the militia captain as my honorary brother in law and the dogs as my honorary dogs.  The mushrooms, the delicate savory mushrooms will sustain us and I'll build a still from some floor boards, there will be food and wine in the Manor Laureate! You want my son? My brother in law? My Dogs? Make me an offer! Bring me your home brewed ales, your jams, your cheeses I'll trade you! No more giving. No more friends. No more neighbors. Every dwarf for himself! I'll crack another bottle, to TattooedHandles, may she rot and burn in hell!

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5731

Good news and bad news. Good news: I didn't kill us all! Bad news: since our only immigrants were the two fixed waves It's a pretty safe bet that we will not be receiving any more.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:07:06 pm by Broseph Stalin »

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 29, 2012, 01:17:53 pm »

Well then we want lots of babies to remake the population.  :D

Edit: downloading now
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:37:55 pm by HiritconOvermindGibbross »
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 29, 2012, 04:32:11 pm »

Spring

Year:126, 11th Moonstone
Are First Thief was found and was sloughtered by the merchant's Gards

So my finaly My turn as mayer has started and so my first objective is to create a simple wooden bridge.

But first I had to get the last mayer to come out of his mansion and start helping again.

Date: 23rd of Franite, Year 102
Kirby got set to full time brewing/Fisher for now.
The first bridge is coming along nicly.

Date: 1st of Slate, Year 102
The first bridge is about a third complete and im Eying to make a grander Beer hall(Seats 50 dwarves) on the other side of the river.

Date: 12th of Slate, Year 102
The Fortress attracted no migrants this season.

Date: 13th of Felsite, Year 102
A elven Caravan has come do we make peace with them or take there stuff.

Actually I think I'll biuld the Big Bear hall over the river As part of the Wooden Bridge. Then icorperate the wooden bridge into the Beer hall when we get the stone bridge done.

Edit: I just stole all the elves stuff.  8)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:47:39 pm by HiritconOvermindGibbross »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 29, 2012, 06:22:44 pm »

Spring
Actually I think I'll biuld the Big Bear hall over the river As part of the Wooden Bridge. Then icorperate the wooden bridge into the Beer hall when we get the stone bridge done.

Edit: I just stole all the elves stuff.  8)
Awesome work, I'm loving the idea of a bridge/beer hall, reminds me of old london bridge as discussed earlier in the thread.
Also, haha @ elves X(
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 29, 2012, 06:32:52 pm »

Summer

Date:15th of Galena, Year 102
We have a problem

Let you know if we live. ::)

Edit:

I wounder if this can work for us. :-\

Um "Broseph Stalin II" is asleep outside.

I think he ran away after he turned to a dwarf.

Then a thief shows up.  What a eventful game week.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 07:13:43 pm by HiritconOvermindGibbross »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 29, 2012, 06:34:50 pm »

Nothing major, just get everyone inside until the full moon ends.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 29, 2012, 07:13:54 pm »

GATE, CLOSE, NOW, IT WILL DIE!

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 29, 2012, 07:19:11 pm »

oi, broseph, just a quick request for when/ if my dwarf is already there.  Mind equipping the center of a basement with my kennel?  I prefer to work in secret :P
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12