Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Harvest Dwarf II: Little Dwarf on the Prairie [34.02]  (Read 24330 times)

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
Re: Harvest Dwarf II: Little Dwarf on the Prairie [34.02]
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2012, 08:20:47 pm »

Cant get the turn done, my computer has been acting weird and I dont know how long it will work right now, so just pass me up. Sorry for delaying you guys.  :-\

Alright, thanks for letting us know. Hog mentioned something about being unavailable too, but I'll let him know now.

Can it wait till Wednesday(Family does not want me to play till then)? If not just bump me down a turn on the mayor list.
I'll let you know if things change.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:22:27 pm by HiritconOvermindGibbross »
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2012, 08:34:33 pm »

Wednesday is about three days away, to keep the ball rolling I could take my turn and come wednsday we can see where we are in the rotation.

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2012, 08:36:09 pm »

Wednesday is about three days away, to keep the ball rolling I could take my turn and come wednsday we can see where we are in the rotation.

Lets do that for now.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2012, 08:40:07 pm »

Sounds great!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2012, 10:15:09 pm »

I'll just Dorf myself as an untaken dorf.  First Glance and mission statement dealy: (Standard disclaimer my character is an ass-hat and thinks you are terrible I am not and do not.)

From the journal of Broseph Stalin I Fearless Leader and Irrefutable God-President for Life of Tattoedhandles.

Degenerates! Profligates and degenerates! Mismanaged with the expertise and subtlety of an inebriated marmot squallor abounds this filthy amalgamation of lopsided huts and shanties connected  by dirt and a colorful imagination under constant threat of being eaten by giant birds. Tis' well that I Broseph Stalin I have been democratically and fairly without any dishonesty or subversion on my part been declared the leader of this assortment of rubes and bumpkins. The purpose of the present organization confounds me, our buildings are useless without roofs, our populace has no place to drink, and our "farming community" currently consists of a handful of unskilled laborers and an unreasonable number of children eating mushrooms growing in some idiots basement! This will not do. None of this will do. In the next year I plan to roof, teach these simpletons to fight, create a beer hall for the purposes of recreation and a fine manor in which to reside, and above all else establish some actual damn farming for this farming community!

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2012, 10:34:54 pm »

I'll just Dorf myself as an untaken dorf.  First Glance and mission statement dealy: (Standard disclaimer my character is an ass-hat and thinks you are terrible I am not and do not.)

From the journal of Broseph Stalin I Fearless Leader and Irrefutable God-President for Life of Tattoedhandles.

Degenerates! Profligates and degenerates! Mismanaged with the expertise and subtlety of an inebriated marmot squallor abounds this filthy amalgamation of lopsided huts and shanties connected  by dirt and a colorful imagination under constant threat of being eaten by giant birds. Tis' well that I Broseph Stalin I have been democratically and fairly without any dishonesty or subversion on my part been declared the leader of this assortment of rubes and bumpkins. The purpose of the present organization confounds me, our buildings are useless without roofs, our populace has no place to drink, and our "farming community" currently consists of a handful of unskilled laborers and an unreasonable number of children eating mushrooms growing in some idiots basement! This will not do. None of this will do. In the next year I plan to roof, teach these simpletons to fight, create a beer hall for the purposes of recreation and a fine manor in which to reside, and above all else establish some actual damn farming for this farming community!

Well, things appear off to a good start! Just a note, if you dorf'd yourself, there MAY be a duplicate of you running about somewhere. I can't remember if I dorf'd you or not(I think I might have.)

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2012, 10:38:27 am »

Please dorf me as a mechanic (ah, the scarce resources...).

Also, I'd like to try my hand as mayor.
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2012, 10:48:37 am »

I'll probably do Spring and Summer Today then Fall and Winter Tommorrow.

From the Journal of Fearless Leader and God-President For Life Broseph Stalin I Ruler and Benefactor of the Dirt Heap TattooedHandles That Is Slowly Becoming a Respectable Farming Community Under His Brilliant Leadership
Granite

The farmers have been tasked with the creation and management of a new above ground farm patch, buildings are being roofed,  the Beer Hall Is nearly completed. I've had the still torn apart and rebuilt on a hill near the main encampment so that damned smell doesn't permeate everything. Hog complained that he woke to find his door being torn from the hinges, Hog is a crybaby who cries when his door is torn from it's hinges.  There aren't enough doors to be wasting them on internal structures. Why should Hog be protected by two doors when my Manor has none?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Slate
The Beer Hall just needs to be furnished now and the rest of the laborers have been ordered to aid in the construction of my manor. After it's completed construction is to begin on more dwellings. Hog complained that he woke up to find a a group of unattended children tearing out his floors to make roofs, Hog can make do with dirt for now. Hog is a terrible crybaby who cries when he is told to make do with dirt. Why should Hog have floors when  my manor is not yet complete? Kosoth complained that she had been attacked by a sparrow man but she was fine after she had a baby a few moments later. What right does Kosoth have to frolick with Sparrow Men and sire terrible babies while my Manor is not complete? Why is my manor not complete!

Felsite

My Bedroom and dining room are roofed and floored, I've ordered Hogs bed to be taken and placed in my quarters. There were plenty of unused beds but Hog is terrible and has no right to a bed when my manor is not compete. Cog is a terrible crybaby who cries when demanded to sleep in the mud. Complete my manor you degenerates! I offered the elves our excellent basement mushrooms but they were upset by our wooden barrels, wooden doors, wooden beds, wooden buildings, and the several people hacking down trees a short distance away. I ordered Hog to menace at them and take their things. Hogs menacing has gotten us a few barrels of elf-wine and a few caged elf-beats. We now have a fox that should be bred for pelts when a pair exists and a third water buffalo. Over the Summer construction will begin on more adequate housing. As the season ends a water buffalo gives birth despite the fact that up until the elf debacle we've had no bull Buffalo  whatsoever. It's a miracle, a sign! A sign from the Goddes Idash, Mistress of Lakes and Rivers who has never made anyone a vampire without an exceedingly good reason we will do your bidding! The answer is clear, I must order the workers to take Hog's socks! Or build a bridge to span the great river, it's one of those two things.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:52:03 am by Broseph Stalin »

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2012, 11:53:39 am »

Can I get a picture of my house then.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2012, 12:13:27 pm »

Put the Refuse dump in there while your at it... ^_^
Oh and a hole in the roof so that it lets the rain in... ^_^
OH AND ALL THE ANIMALS!!! ^_^
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2012, 01:08:24 pm »

Put the Refuse dump in there while your at it... ^_^
Oh and a hole in the roof so that it lets the rain in... ^_^
OH AND ALL THE ANIMALS!!! ^_^

ok stop picking on me its getting annoying

Edit: Why am I terrible? Is it because you say I am?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:36:17 pm by HiritconOvermindGibbross »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2012, 08:34:49 pm »

I had to tear some decorative structures apart to build more functional structures, I just happened to notice you kept getting a raw deal so I threw in an irrational hatred of you.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2012, 08:45:44 pm »

From the Journal of the Glorious, Benevolent, and Humble God-President For Life, Master of All He Surveys, and Fearless Leader of TattooedHandles Whom Has Never Been Anything But Kind to Hog or Any Other Terrible Dwarf That Abjures to Being Ordered To Sleep In The River Broseph Stalin I:
Hematite.
We're understaffed. No migrants came last or this month undoubtedly due to the fact that most dwarves are still savage burrowing dirt-beasts who can't appreciate the wonderousness of the world above. They would rather live in caves eating mushrooms instead of basking in the glory of trees and rivers and terrible sparrow people that occasionally bite you. This place is awful, at least my dwelling is now complete! The Manor Laureate I'll call it, a bit small I'll confess but it shall house a fine throne room in which to meet diplomats and a fine dining room to host parties as well as my own private quarters and a room for Hog who I will confess I have been unfair to. With labor this scarce I can't afford to have anyone upset with me.
Malachite.

Still no migrants, something is severely wrong. Manor Laureate is having it's basement dug out to house private food storage and my private armory. Ute the trader is having his home demolished to make room for the new roads to connect the town. I've drawn up a Writ of Quarter so that he may commandeer the lodgings of a dreg.  I've This is absolutely grating, we could have done all of this before summer started if we just had more workers. With everyone working at full capacity the still is littered with finished alcohol and discarded seeds.
Galena

Two kobolds tried to get their hands on our valuables, luckily we had none. The militia was scrambled but the thieves escaped with their lives and nothing of ours. The road is complete and the town now has some semblance of navigable order. Everyone has their own warm bed and a roof and since there have been no new migrants we can now focus on getting floors for everyone and more adequately furnishing the beer hall. Why have there been no migrants? More than half of our workforce is dedicated to the day to day hauling jobs that are always present about half of what remains are dedicated to the farming that sustains us, and the remainder seem to time their food, wine, and general breaks so as to get as little done as possible. 

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2012, 08:52:36 pm »

I had to tear some decorative structures apart to build more functional structures, I just happened to notice you kept getting a raw deal so I threw in an irrational hatred of you.
Ok that makes sense.
But thanks for the idea of tearing up everyone's floors.

Diary of HOG:Happy to have a proper room again I've already got plans to make the first bridge of this place. The forcible move gave me a wonderful idea. Floors are not needed at this time so I'll just use them to make my bridge.  :D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:56:09 pm by HiritconOvermindGibbross »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12