Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Harvest Dwarf II: Little Dwarf on the Prairie [34.02]  (Read 24314 times)

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Harvest Dwarf II: Little Dwarf on the Prairie
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2012, 07:49:56 pm »

This looks interesting! Haven't played any of the new version yet, but I can't wait to see how the villagers react to the first vampire that moves in. Oh, also, PTW. :)

We've had plenty of migrants already, there could be one here already...
Hopefully Coolnesstod gets the proper facilities(ie jail) so that one won't cause us undue trouble.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2012, 12:09:34 am »

Interesting concept here. Dwarf Me when you get the chance. I'll hold off on being a mayor for now though. Maybe later.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2012, 12:35:50 am »

Interesting concept here. Dwarf Me when you get the chance. I'll hold off on being a mayor for now though. Maybe later.

Alright, I've added you to the dwarfing list.

Yelesom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2012, 08:06:36 am »

Looking forward to seeing how this town of good ol' dorfs goes. Posting to follow.

Also requesting a dwarfing when there's a chance.  Any dwarf'll do. :)

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2012, 02:59:37 pm »

Looking forward to seeing how this town of good ol' dorfs goes. Posting to follow.

Also requesting a dwarfing when there's a chance.  Any dwarf'll do. :)

I've added you to the list!

Also, PTW people, have you any interest in being dorf'd?

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2012, 11:31:25 pm »

Right then, I'll take a dorf who, if possible, be an animal trainer and caretaker.  I will be the ONLY one to touch those damn animals for war use.  I was promised grizzly bears in the beginning message, it shall be done >:D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 11:36:23 pm by empfan »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2012, 08:34:11 am »

Sure dorf me please, ill be a carpenter/archetect or mason/archetect if you have one ( realise you have no stone due to the whole no mining thing, i would just like to see if ill live long egough to work on the bridge). for all i care you can make me a hauler if need be.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2012, 09:23:38 am »

Alright, I've added both of you to the list.

Any news on the update Coolnesstod?

rpj

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Harvest Dwarf II: Little Dwarf on the Prairie [34.02]
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2012, 07:34:11 pm »

This is quite an interesting idea for a fortress, if there's any room, I'd like to be a mechanic/miller.

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2012, 11:52:26 pm »

This is quite an interesting idea for a fortress, if there's any room, I'd like to be a mechanic/miller.

I've added you to the list! You're likely to get a lot more mileage from the first profession that the second.  ;D

rpj

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2012, 12:47:01 am »

Could you perhaps add a bit more information in the original post? How long does every player play and how long can it take in real time? I'm assuming a year, but I've seen succession fortresses playing one season at a time. Are we allowed to dig into rock if it's in the first z-level? You're still the dwarf set as "active", by the way.

About the miller/mechanic choice. I had this vision of me building either a wind- or watermill, house-sized.

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2012, 11:49:54 am »

Could you perhaps add a bit more information in the original post? How long does every player play and how long can it take in real time? I'm assuming a year, but I've seen succession fortresses playing one season at a time. Are we allowed to dig into rock if it's in the first z-level? You're still the dwarf set as "active", by the way.

About the miller/mechanic choice. I had this vision of me building either a wind- or watermill, house-sized.

Turns are one year. I haven't added a time limit yet(besides the one for starting the turn) but I suppose I will if we start to run into problems in that regard. I suppose it is O-K to dig into stone if it is on the first level, but you shouldn't just be digging about. If it's part of a basement or other purpose, sure, but we should be digging out the entire first layer for rock. We'll open a quarry later.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2012, 12:56:54 pm »

so, in that case we need a designated mine put off somewhere, where we only go to the first stone level and dig out the veins we find, think that would work?

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2012, 05:16:54 pm »

Cant get the turn done, my computer has been acting weird and I dont know how long it will work right now, so just pass me up. Sorry for delaying you guys.  :-\
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2012, 08:14:43 pm »

Cant get the turn done, my computer has been acting weird and I dont know how long it will work right now, so just pass me up. Sorry for delaying you guys.  :-\

Alright, thanks for letting us know. Hog mentioned something about being unavailable too, but I'll let him know now.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12