Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Harvest Dwarf II: Little Dwarf on the Prairie [34.02]  (Read 24332 times)

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
Re: Harvest Dwarf II: Little Dwarf on the Prairie [Bloodline/Succession Fort]
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2012, 11:40:25 pm »

If you don't hear from me bump me back down the list.

Edit:I'll be gone a few days. If not just this week end.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:12:11 pm by HiritconOvermindGibbross »
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2012, 11:44:48 pm »

PTW. I would like to see an elaborate multi lane/multi level masonry bridge bvuilt over that thing while still obeying the no mining runes, it'll be a true succession megaproject requiring many years decades of stone imports, Maybe small surface quarries allowed for just the bridge?

I think quarries are only going to become permissible when we have a larger community, at least 50+. Stone imports would have to suffice for a while. It will ruin part of the flavour if we can just up and open a quarry straight away.

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2012, 11:47:14 pm »

Great update, keep them coming! It hasn't been a year and we've already got some battles. This looks like it will be fun.

And for the save, I'm going to look through legends mostly, so it doesn't matter when you post it. I also wanted to get a feel of the land, and a look at the migrants. A general who's who kind of deal. I like putting these kinds of things in perspective!

Here's the save, if you want to comb through it. I remember now that you are the one who did all those great maps/charts in the original thread. Your talents are welcome here too!  :D

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Harvest Dwarf II: Little Dwarf on the Prairie
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2012, 12:05:26 am »

Perhaps a bridge reminiscent of old london bridge, "The medieval bridge had 19 small arches and a drawbridge with a defensive gatehouse at the southern end...waterwheels .. under the two north arches to drive water pumps, and under the two south arches to power grain mills" from wikipedia
Then you could also make large buildings on the bridge for no reason in particular.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2012, 12:06:13 am »

PTW
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2012, 12:09:03 am »

Perhaps a bridge reminiscent of old london bridge, "The medieval bridge had 19 small arches and a drawbridge with a defensive gatehouse at the southern end...waterwheels .. under the two north arches to drive water pumps, and under the two south arches to power grain mills" from wikipedia
Then you could also make large buildings on the bridge for no reason in particular.

There should be a platform off the main bridge. The dwarves could hold trials there and drop the criminal scum through hatches into the river. Good for vampire disposal too.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:25:20 am by utilitarian »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2012, 12:23:55 am »

Also there was fire in the 17th century that started at both ends dooming upto 3000 people trapped in the middle, a shame wooden buildings in DF can't burn like that :(
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2012, 02:04:57 am »

Also there was fire in the 17th century that started at both ends dooming upto 3000 people trapped in the middle, a shame wooden buildings in DF can't burn like that :(

I'm certain that there will be plenty of death to go around!  ;D

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2012, 02:39:01 am »

Yet.

Clotifoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2012, 11:55:02 am »

PTW
"What's the deep dark pit, that turns mining operations to shit?"  "The shaft!"  "You see this shaft is a bad mother--"
"Shut your mouth!"
"But I'm talkin' about the shaft!"
"Then we can dig it."

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2012, 01:01:56 pm »

Ute's Journal, 1st of Granite, 100

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OOC:

That raps up my turn! Alas, I kept putting dorfing off and as such never really got around to it. Sorry about that - hopefully my replacement will be a bit more conscientious. I've uploaded the save Here, for coolnesstod 

Good luck!

Armeleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2012, 01:49:55 pm »

Thanks for the save! Both of them! I will definitely look through them to see what I can find tonight. Can't wait for the next update.
Playing since 2007

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2012, 04:27:20 pm »

Alright, im here and im ready to lead. Downloading as we speak, update shall be here within a day or so.  8)
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2012, 05:29:48 pm »

Alright, im here and im ready to lead. Downloading as we speak, update shall be here within a day or so.  8)

Glad to hear it. I'm looking forward to the first update!

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2012, 06:03:39 pm »

This looks interesting! Haven't played any of the new version yet, but I can't wait to see how the villagers react to the first vampire that moves in. Oh, also, PTW. :)
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12