Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Harvest Dwarf II: Little Dwarf on the Prairie [34.02]  (Read 24294 times)

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Harvest Dwarf II: Little Dwarf on the Prairie [34.02]
« Reply #165 on: March 21, 2012, 02:12:56 pm »

Does this seem alright with everyone?

Just an observer, I would say skip him now (or in 1 day).  No need to let 10 days turn to 14 days when he never made a substantive update in the first place.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 21, 2012, 02:15:30 pm »

Does this seem alright with everyone?

Just an observer, I would say skip him now (or in 1 day).  No need to let 10 days turn to 14 days when he never made a substantive update in the first place.

Oops, I meant end of the work-week(ie Friday). I realize now that wasn't clear.

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2012, 03:20:42 pm »

Alright then, JamCat has been officially skipped.

Neyvn, you're up next.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 25, 2012, 08:01:42 am »

are you guys going to migrate over to 34.06 so any future textile industry can be somewhat more useful?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 25, 2012, 01:41:56 pm »

are you guys going to migrate over to 34.06 so any future textile industry can be somewhat more useful?

Will that be painless? Or will we have to restart(an option I'm not adverse to so long as there is support).

Basque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 25, 2012, 03:35:44 pm »

utilitarian, I don't want to influence your choice to keep going or restart but if you did restart would it be the exact same idea just in a new embark in a new thread?

This is something I'd be interested in being a part of, although because of how inexperienced I am at DF I feel like it might be beyond the scope of what I'm capable of. However while I can't guarantee being good I can at least take a turn quickly (under a week), if that's enough to get me on the list. Again, I think this was a nice unique idea for a community game.

But as far as this thread goes right now we're just waiting to hear from Neyvn? Did anyone shoot him a PM or something?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 25, 2012, 04:34:34 pm »

Will that be painless? Or will we have to restart(an option I'm not adverse to so long as there is support).
I wouldn't be adverse to restarting, it's been entirely too long and the new updates are awful tempting.

Llamainaspitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 25, 2012, 08:47:02 pm »

What ARE the New updates, at that?

I've just been thinking they are bugfixes.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 25, 2012, 08:50:28 pm »

What ARE the New updates, at that?

I've just been thinking they are bugfixes.
The biggies are that clothing has been fixed and animal training has been reworked.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2012, 09:58:33 pm »

In theoy you'll just need to shove the whole save folder into the save folder of the current version, the clothing fix, new training and most of the bug fixes will work from that. Only certain things that are related to the raws would be unaffected. For instance if your game was modded so dwarves didn't wear clothes to avoid the clothing bug then the fix for that wouldn't work untill your raws were fixed back.
Edit: I've grabbed the save and am testing it in 06 just to see.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:02:11 pm by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 13, 2012, 09:00:50 pm »

bump anyone here?
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]