Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fertile Blood  (Read 629 times)

grimman007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fertile Blood
« on: February 19, 2012, 01:34:24 pm »

Alright guys, I have a few questions.
  • Can you force certain creatures to spawn when another creature bleeds?
  • If so, can you make the creatures zombies/skeletons/mummies?
I ask because I want to mod in a megabeast that, when its blood is spilled, undead "rise" up from the earth, angry and wanting to kill you. For example, you open a major artery by slashing it in the head, blood pours out, and for each unit of blood, a zombie, skeleton, or mummy rises up. And when you go into a river and the blood that got on you washes off, more undead spawn.
Urist's Mod! Spawnable NPCs include bogeymen, bronze colossi and a random Forgotten Beast, generated on the fly and animated for your vomit.  Also magma.
Re: Fertile Blood
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 01:53:07 pm »

like if its blood hits a dead body it goes undead

Zared

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 02:29:18 pm »

Short answer:  No.  Long Answer:  Perhaps, in time.  DF is currently missing two features to do this. 

First is the ability for materials to perform interactions.  Currently they can't.  If they could, then you could have it so blood the spills on a dead body will reanimate it. 
Option B would be the option for a creature to perform an interaction when it bleeds, but then you wouldn't also get zombies when your dwarves wash.

Second is the ability for interactions to spawn new creatures.  That may be planned since a night creature that was intended for this release (but got pushed back) is the "constructed monster" ala Dr. Frankenstein. 

Master Catfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 02:43:24 pm »

Actually, I think you could attach a werecurse syndrome to the blood and that would cause living creatures to be transformed.  I recall liquid syndromes not working particularly well, though.