Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Golemcraft  (Read 1307 times)

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Golemcraft
« on: February 19, 2012, 12:13:24 pm »

Playing around with the new syndrome interactions led me to make this last night. It allows for creating golems similar to the style of Dragon Age, as in converting a dwarf into one. I tried to make the raw materiel costs fairly steep so a new fortress won't be mass producing them by any means but a mature fort should ideally find them attainable.
The golems themselves should be fairly strong but they lose the ability to gain any non-combat skills. I don't have tons of experience modding, I mostly lurk around here so any feedback would be awesome. If I get a strange mood strikes me I may work on making more varieties of golems.
Download

Master Catfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Golemcraft
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 02:53:28 pm »

Sounds pretty cool. How do you get the syndrome on the dwarves? Boiling stone? Can they wear dwarven armor, or do they change size significantly?

This mod also has a golem forge:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98196.0

Not sure how yours differs, though.

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 03:55:24 pm »

I didn't know Masterwork had it too, I haven't actually played it, might give it a whirl though.

Yeah, I used a boiling stone to transmit the syndrome. The golems increase significantly in size so no armor but from my arena tests as long as they have a weapon they can take on more heavily armed and armored foes although they usually lose a limb or two in the process.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 04:12:25 pm »

My golems cant equip and learn though, they are soulless. Dont know if I should change it, I found a way to make sentient transformations...

I will have a look at how you set it up though, always good to learn. :)

Oh, and mine are a lot easier/faster to produce, but the drawback is that they do not count as citizen, cant perfrom labors/hauling and such. Mindless guardians you might say.

But already you gave me a good idea. Upgrading golems to sentient golems ;)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 04:13:59 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 05:10:50 pm »

I've already found a few things I've done wrong and I'm sure there are a few more that are wrong or at the very least inefficient so I'm probably gonna be toying with this for a while as long as I can keep myself motivated to do so which has always been my problem every time I've attempted to mod anything. Normally I just make a few tweaks for my own use.