Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changing a creatures caste.  (Read 611 times)

jdf318

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Changing a creatures caste.
« on: February 19, 2012, 03:54:10 am »

Is It possible to change a creatures caste? I've been looking around, and I know it's possible to change a creature from one to another, but I need to change the creatures caste inside the same creature.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Changing a creatures caste.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 04:18:52 am »

Well in the transformation it's CREATURE:CASTE, so keeping the same creature and changing the caste should work. Not tried it though.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

jdf318

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 04:25:02 am »

Well in the transformation it's CREATURE:CASTE, so keeping the same creature and changing the caste should work. Not tried it though.

Oh, is that how it's set up? That was my guess, but wanted to ask the community to see if that was true. Thanks :D

jdf318

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 05:48:08 am »

OK I still can't get it to work. Can someone give me an example of an interaction changing a creatures class? Cause mine isn't working

EDIT: if it helps, this is what the errorlogs giving me:

Code: [Select]
Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: TERRAN_DOMINION:MARINE_MALE
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 05:54:24 am by jdf318 »

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 06:11:01 am »

I'm not experienced with syndromes yet, but to ask a question in advance, is TERRAN_DOMINION the name of the "creature" and MARINE_MALE the name of the caste?

Also, IS THAT STARCRAFT I'M SEEING?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

jdf318

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 06:16:25 am »

I'm not experienced with syndromes yet, but to ask a question in advance, is TERRAN_DOMINION the name of the "creature" and MARINE_MALE the name of the caste?

Also, IS THAT STARCRAFT I'M SEEING?

Yes, the creature is TERRAN_DOMINION, and the caste is MARINE_MALE. I feel like that's how it should fit into CE:CREATURE... but it's telling me I'm wrong. And hehehe, yes, that is Starcraft you're seeing. :D

EDIT: Oh yea... I didn't put the body into the marines caste, so it had no body to transform to so it gave me an error of an invalid caste... Well played DF, well played. Nevermind guys :P
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 06:26:24 am by jdf318 »