Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Roll of the Hounds! - A DoH RTD: PROLOGUE PART IV : Traitor  (Read 8706 times)

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
Roll of the Hounds! - A DoH RTD: PROLOGUE PART IV : Traitor
« on: February 18, 2012, 04:47:44 pm »

They're known as the Children of the Cuckoo. Stolen from their cribs and raised by the ghouls, the changlings serve the creatures who rule the world Below and despise the world Above.  Any human contact is forbidden, and punishment is swift and severe for those who disobey.

Eight years ago, Emmie Silvey was born on Halloween while a full moon rose in the sky.  Raised in Providence by her widower father, she's a strange yellow-eyed girl, plagued with visions of impossible worlds and fabulous beings. Now her path is about to intersect with one of the changelings, a violent young woman named Soldier, who' quickly slipping from the favor of her ghoul masters. Inextricably linked, they must face the monsters and unearthly forces that have shaped their lives...and that threaten their futures.

Right then, thats the back of the book for Daughter of Hounds, by Caitlin R. Kiernan. If you want to know more, buy it via ebook or order it at your local bookstore.

Anyways, this is going to be an RTD based about it a little before it, but I will make is so you'll all be part of the main story. This will be very, VERY, fucked up at times. Expect swearing, booze, and partial cannibalism.

This does have its own form of magic, magick, as it would be. no raising the dead, but fire and illusion magick and such will be used. there will be two rolls for this, one for preparation, and one for an attack. Guns and bullets, since its in modern age. You will be given supplies and ammo at the beginning of each mission by the Ghul, and a car to travel around. You can buy stuff as well, but you have no driver's licenses, so you can only get things that you need that don't require one. Booze and cigs are alright though, but only available to a character over 18 or 21.  They can be shared around and do have bonuses and de-buffs.

You have a one week wait time to post before your booted

Spoiler:  Character sheet (click to show/hide)
I will be most likely running around as a ghoul or as a boss of some sort. Magick can only be used around twice per mission, the shit is dangerous and can kill you from overexertion. I'll assign you a mission at turn zero and will be taking around 4 or so of you, possibly 5 if I like the bios enough. Oh, and this isn't first come first serve, I'll give untill tomorrow to sign up, and will pick whoever's bio I like the most.

The book itself is short and very well made, more of a short story then a novel, at 368 pages. I really enjoyed it, as why I'm doing this.  Good luck and try not to fuck up, the Bailiff will not appreciate that he lost another jackass who wasn't careful.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:48:14 pm by empfan »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Roll of the Hounds! - A Daughter of Hounds RTD
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 05:34:07 pm »

Name Dranor Crane
Magick: fear if possible, illusion if not
Desc: a young man of about 21 usually seen wearing a black shirt, black panets and a top hat. Exceedling courtestous to everyone he meets.
Background: I have no idea, will edit when I undestand what the hell is going on.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 05:52:06 pm »

riiiigggghhht forgot to explain shit, sorry. The tunnels is where all Changelings go to learn, and is also where they sleep, in a barracks type area with bunks. All changelings are cannibals, for what reason I have no clue. You all answer to the Bailiff, who is in charge of missions and supplies. He is your boss, and the ghul are his bosses.

Your entire life you learn from the ghul how to kill, use magick, and to not talk to humans, the sentence for that is usually death. There are about three hounds, Danaus, Madame Terpsichore, and Master Shardlace. They are your teachers and run everything that goes on Below, and The Bailiff runs all affairs Above.
The location looks normal, as it is disguised as a normal house, but their are many other creatures in there, more than the ghouls, there are also some vampire women that predict destinies, and a strange little Alchemist girl who lives in the attic.

You all do missions, and spend your entire lives doing such. Its tough and many die within their first testings, such as the Trails, which is a test of their Magick, strength, and stamina. You all mostly deal with those who learn of your existance, demon, and the men they talk to.  You do everything quick and easy, finish and vanish without a trace.

You begin your first mission when you turn 16, and from there that is what you spend doing the rest of your life. You are also given a place to live above ground, an appartment of some sort, the bailiff covers the expenses and, while these places are almost ALWAYS a shithole, they start you off.

Hope that was a good explanation, and build your backrounds around this, good luck.
Also, don't expect to be the good guy alot of the times, this is mostly neutral affairs, so don't expect to be doing any heroic stunts'n'shit. That'll get you killed most likely.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 05:56:10 pm by empfan »

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 02:31:09 pm »

right then, I suppose I'll just switch it to first come, first serve then since the crowds here are so thin.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 09:00:44 pm »

Name: Zack Renyard
Magick: Shadow
Desc and Personality: 5 Ft. 6 In, Hawk Like Features, Slim, Prefers to wear clothing that hides his face, and allows swift movement. Zack acts cold, and indifferent at times, but is an all around good guy.
Backround: One day I was just wandering down the street when I noticed someone screaming from a nearby alleyway, I go running to help whoever yelled, and found a freakish monster standing over him about to kill him. Just as the demon went to attack the man I ran forward, and grasped its head in my hand, I felt a burst of power surge through me, and the beast shrieked as spears of shadow burst from its body all around. I feel unconscious not long afterward, and woke up down in the Tunnels.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:08:37 pm by adwarf »

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 09:19:29 pm »

Right then, if I don't get more player's by tomorrow, I'll just start, it's easy enough to fit player's in between missions.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 09:21:52 pm »

Reserving while I check everything.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 11:13:06 pm »

Name: Valeria
Magick: Force (D&D examples: Magic Missile, Wall of Force, etc. Sort of like the biotics in Mass Effect, really)
Desc and Personality: A slight, small young woman of sixteen. A little too thin for her own good, but it helps her hide in the shadows. Her black hair is waist-length and straggly, usually hiding her face. She wears cheap, rough clothing: a dirty gray shirt; jeans with the left back pocket missing, holes in the knees/on the left thigh, and ragged cuffs; dirty brown boots with a slight heel; and black MMA gloves. Her face is rarely visible due to the shadows created by her hair, but when it is visible, it's usually covered with dirt to obscure the fact she's actually quite pretty, and she has large, dark brown eyes. As for her personality, she tends to be slightly jumpy and suspicious, and usually is trying to make herself as small as possible and hide like a rat. She's nice enough to people she trusts, but is extremely slow to give that trust.
Backround: Valeria has been in the Tunnels for as long as she can remember. She grew up learning the ways of the Ghuls and only just recently passed her trials.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 11:42:55 pm »

P.T.W.

:D

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 12:18:31 am »

[Turn 0: Your First Mission]

The Bailiff sits in front of you, his grotesquely large gait straining the chair his is sitting on, and as he leans back it sounds dangerously close to breaking. "Your first mission" he begins "Is to kill some low level demons  down by the river, easy enough" The three of you turn and look each other over. Your all new to this though, only doing small runs and such.
The bailiff passes over the table an Ithaca shotgun with a box of (12) shells, and two 10mm pistols and 4 boxes of (24) round for each.
"The car will be outside and waiting, the location is here" he points toward the map on his desk and shows you the location, easy enough to get to. "Failer means punishment, maybe a finger, or worse if someone dies" He chuckles. "Get going, and good luck."

Spoiler: Overall equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Valaria (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zack Renyard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dranor Crane (click to show/hide)

Right then, that's the prologue, first one to post gets whatever gun they want and the ammo for it. Combat will work as I will do a 4d roll for how many shots, and then the rolls to see if they can block/ you miss. The combat will be 6d vs 6d. Right, from here, good luck.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:22:57 pm by empfan »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 12:19:34 am »

Valeria snatched the Ithaca and its ammo possessively, looking furtively at her allies as she did so.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 12:20:54 am »

Take a 10mm, and 2 boxes of ammo

Zack shrugged his shoulders as Valeria took the shotgun, if need be he could kill the enemy with magic, a handgun just got in the way sometimes.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 10:26:02 pm »

While waiting for Mcclay, me and adwarf had a conversation over freenode (Type in for room name #Bay12RTD if you want to join.)

Spoiler: BASIC RULES OF MAGICK (click to show/hide)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 10:50:02 pm »

Take the pistol and 2 boxes of ammo. Dranor nodded politely at the Baliff as he grabbed his equipment.
I can't bold anything since I'm on a Kindle.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 11:22:25 pm »

[Turn 1: Your First Quest Mission pt. 2]

You all load up your weapons and talk idly while driving to the site for the mission. It'll be easy enough: take down a low level demon, and use magick to cover up the mess(automatically done).

Zack looks over to Valaria holding the shotgun, pretending to shoot it. "You sure you can handle that thing girl? Maybe I should take it and you have the pistol..." she instantly pulls the gun back defensively and shakes her head.  Zack laughs "Fine fine, but don't come complaining to me when your fucking arm gets blown off"

The rest of the drive went fairly uneventfully, and you made it there in no time. The place looked like a mansion, but you could sense the dark aura.  One of you dispells the wards on the door and enters, only to be greeted by gunshots. You all instantly dive for cover, and prepare your guns for a fight. (roll for number: 2) (roll for health, 10x[roll] 6=60 health a piece) Two heavily armed gang members are there to greet you, as well as your target, who's name is Dan Vantern. Dan laughs and begins to walk off, but not without saying "This is all they got a against me? Idiots! Boys, smoke'em" he laughs and walks off, not even giving a backwards glance.

Roll for gang member's weapons and armour: Weapons:(2) 9mm pistols(no bonus, 5/6 shots left)  | Ammo: (2) one box of (7) ammo each each Armour: (4) Bulletproof vests (+1 to defense rolls)

Spoiler: 2x Dan's Guards (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Valaria (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zack Renyard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dranor Crane (click to show/hide)

Right, first turn over with.  Next round begins the first combat!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:29:54 pm by empfan »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4