Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dead Last: Thread Closed - To everyone who showed interest, I apologize.  (Read 5872 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: Dead Last: Voice Actors needed.
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 03:51:03 pm »

I'm pretty sure Tommy from the Rugrats is voiced by a girl.

The Bart thing creeps me out, though.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2012, 05:39:19 pm »

Yeah woman dont develope rough voices so its easier to protray youthful characters, while all the baratones are more likely to be men with gravel for a voicebox; GTMH.
Still, nothing in the title seems to imply the four main villains are going to be male, so my advice is go for it. You have nothing to lose, and a potentially enjoyable experience.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 05:50:57 pm »

I don't have the script

There probably isn't one.

The website for the game is basically an empty placeholder. I'm guessing there is no script, and the developer only has a rough idea of how the story will play out.

It might be early to be casting voice actors. Game development can take months or years. If you do casting now, and record audio for scenes as the game is made, 6 months from now when you're only halfway through the game it's very likely that some of your actors will have moved on and be unable or unwilling to finish. Leaving you to either gut the story or replace actors and start over.

I'd advise making the game with text, and add the audio later once the game is nearly finished.

Supermikhail

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf Of Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2012, 02:21:54 am »

I'm sorry.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2012, 02:56:32 am »

I've always wanted to try to do something like this. I may post something in the future, when I won't drive everyone crazy with my voice.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Supermikhail

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf Of Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2012, 04:34:19 am »

Wow. Seriously, wow. I'm quite impressed with this.
Phew - "impressed" is not "insulted". :)

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2012, 04:36:01 am »

I have access to a professional quality recording suite, but I don't have a very villainy voice.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2012, 04:49:04 pm »

Depending on when this records (over a summer or winter break?  In a year and a half, when I'll have graduated?) I'd sort of like to do this.  Uh... I have a relatively low female voice (that's my natural speaking tone, though I can go quite high and speak naturally as required) and I can do "River Tam crazy" fairly well.  Took a couple of acting classes and can do reasonable singing/old woman stuff.  You may not be looking for what I have to offer, though, because my tone tends to sort of oscillate between "soothing purr" and "raging hellbitch."

Uh, and I'm really not sure about the quality of my mic.  No vocal files for you right now because I don't have a mic of any quality on me.

I'm going to be gone for B12 for a while, though, so if you need any female VAs/want to contact me you'll have to let me know via email.  I'll PM it to you before I leave.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2012, 04:54:15 pm »

If it's any consolation, soothing purr and raging hellbitch can work really well for a villainess role, especially one that's a little... unhinged

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2012, 05:23:03 pm »

After fiddling with my mic for several minutes and recording for a few seconds: http://www.mediafire.com/?hkrj1e9n5cd6pp8

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2012, 07:24:51 pm »

I'm pretty sure Tommy from the Rugrats is voiced by a girl.

The Bart thing creeps me out, though.

It is sort of at the point where it is more interesting to pick out children roles voiced by children instead of girls.

For example Chowder and Prince Lumen from Spider Riders (such an awesome voice!)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2012, 11:37:17 pm »

I think I might try doing the cold calculating villain, if only for the fun of it since my setup is really inappropriate.

Oh, on the subject of voice actors, Natasha Allegri of Adventure Time fame is looking for a female voice actor (or at least, someone who can voice a female):
http://natazilla.tumblr.com/post/18029976716/i-need-to-look-for-a-voice-actor-you-will-be#disqus_thread
Apparently it pays.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2012, 01:20:45 am »

I am really interested in trying out for this, but Lord Bucket's post, I gotta plus one. Try to addition at this stage, is much close to masturbation then anything productive. We dont know what your villain is, or your idea of a villain is. We don't know anything about the game. I can give a very crisp clean audio sampling, of myself just rambling, with editing handles, but so what?

Voice Acting is very insular industry, with a small select number of actors doing a majority of the work. So even amateur credit would be great to have behind ya to get other work, possibly more legitimate work.

Spoiler: LordBucket Post (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:30:17 am by MrWiggles »
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Last: I do apologize.
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2012, 03:01:12 am »

Well, I just got done with a conversation with the guy in charge of the project, and it would seem he is only interested in local talent, so he can firmly control audio quality with his equipment. I must admit, I'm a bit confused over why he specified good quality recording if he planned to use equipment he had and knew the specifications for.

I really am sorry. I know there are a lot of people here who really got excited at the prospect of working on this project, and for getting your hopes up and wasting your time, I really, really am sorry.

I feel pretty scummy about now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4