Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dead Last: Thread Closed - To everyone who showed interest, I apologize.  (Read 5885 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Last: Voice Actors needed.
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 11:50:11 pm »

You're right, this isn't a very professional way for me to do things at all. I've never been involved in any kind of casting before (except for being on the other end of it), so I appreciate the tips.

I'll re-work the First post soon.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 12:38:08 am »

I'd be interested in recording something once you have lines up. How long are you thinking the audition period will be? I've got a decent cold right now that I'd like to recover from before I submit anything.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 12:40:24 am »

I'd be interested in recording something once you have lines up. How long are you thinking the audition period will be? I've got a decent cold right now that I'd like to recover from before I submit anything.

I'll ask the guy in charge of the project tomorrow, as it's rather late tonight. We need the lines before I can take submissions.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 10:48:02 am »

EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 06:43:23 pm »

I'm interested, if anything to pretend like I have a good voice.

3. You can't be afraid to cuss a little.

Could you elaborate on this? Are the actors throwing out the occasional "damn" or "My God", or is it full-on, how many times can he drop the F-bomb in one sentence?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 09:39:53 pm »

Sure, if I could get a script or whatnot, I'd monologue a bit.

(Any chance of getting a copy of the game when it's done?)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 09:49:35 pm »

Hey Blade, is there a chance of getting the actual designer to come on board and give us an idea of the lines and the style of the game, or are you just his goto guy for recruitment and whathaveyou?

Just curious.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 10:43:15 pm »

I might just record and post a sample later on - I'm very good with different accents, so i'll give you a few. Not sure i'd be able to to do Mr. Crazy, but i'll give it a go as well.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012, 04:00:16 am »

I'm interested, if anything to pretend like I have a good voice.

3. You can't be afraid to cuss a little.

Could you elaborate on this? Are the actors throwing out the occasional "damn" or "My God", or is it full-on, how many times can he drop the F-bomb in one sentence?

I don't have the script, so I can't be certain, but expect the occasional F bomb. I don't think we're going to have it be every other word though, not that I'm certain.

Sure, if I could get a script or whatnot, I'd monologue a bit.

(Any chance of getting a copy of the game when it's done?)

The issue of distribution hasn't come up, but I doubt we're going to do anything but free distribution. It's very likely indeed that everyone will be able to get a copy.

Hey Blade, is there a chance of getting the actual designer to come on board and give us an idea of the lines and the style of the game, or are you just his goto guy for recruitment and whathaveyou?

Just curious.

I'll talk to him about it, especially since I don't have a script at all. As it stands right now, I was just asked to do some voice-work, and find some more talent.

I might just record and post a sample later on - I'm very good with different accents, so i'll give you a few. Not sure i'd be able to to do Mr. Crazy, but i'll give it a go as well.

Great! Always wonderful to see people taking an interest.

I've got a couple of samples.

This was fun to listen to. I assume you didn't record for this specifically, so what was it for? I'm curious.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2012, 08:27:39 am »

MAAAAAAN, I wish I could do this pretty much 90% of my humor comes from voices, and I can do homicidal crazy *at least I think I can, I can act it out definetly, not sure if I can actually voice it, I live with people so when I talk to myself it's hushed.*

Problems for me though:

1. I live with my parents, and I don't need them asking me what I'm doing instead of finding a job.

2. My mic is probably really low quality since it's built into my laptop.

3. I don't know what I sound like *hearing my own voice freaks me out since I sound like my best friend...*, so maybe I'm terrible.

I do have voice software though, and by voice software I mean I can record my voice and like edit it partially.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

atari2600

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Restlessbear
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2012, 08:38:48 am »

I would try my hand at it but I really don't have the time and I can't get in to the sound booth here right now. sounds like it would be fun though
Check out my blog, where I try to do at least one drawing a day! http://restlessbear.tumblr.com/

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 10:08:38 am »

wow forumites have voices?! I get those "Little boy voice" comments, being a girl, so I cant help ya, as much as I'd like to, watching this.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 10:23:38 am »

This sounds like it can be pretty fun. Got tonsillitis at the moment though, and I'm probably a crud actor, but I might record something and post it for the hell of it. Other than that, I'm going to need a bit more stage directions here. You want a big bad, but I have no idea what he's gone through, or where he comes from. It's kinda important, I think, to have something to go on, though I suppose I can make shit up to get a better feel for the character. Also, built in mic, and there might be some backround noise, but I want to know if I at least meet the acting quality bit.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2012, 10:31:49 am »

wow forumites have voices?! I get those "Little boy voice" comments, being a girl, so I cant help ya, as much as I'd like to, watching this.

I can't even stress how many young boys in cartoons are voiced by girls. I was really surprised to find that Bart Simpson is voiced by a 50-something year old lady.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2012, 01:45:25 pm »

Yeah woman dont develope rough voices so its easier to protray youthful characters, while all the baratones are more likely to be men with gravel for a voicebox; GTMH.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4