Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Inventory management and trading  (Read 686 times)

crazycarlt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Inventory management and trading
« on: February 18, 2012, 02:50:06 pm »

What are you all using to manage the horribly fiddly inventory? I'd pay for a 'I' feature that lets you 'empty' a container into another, so I can empty these pouches full of coins into my -<-Sheep Wool Bag->- (which I chose for a coinpurse because it's easy to spot in the inventory)

I decided to use my wolf leather bag to hold stuff I want to sell, but when it comes time to trade nobody wants my bags, and I can't tell what items are in bags and which are being worn! Do worn items appear for trading? Is there an easy way to contain a bunch of items and sell them all at once? And do shopkeepers only take items they are interested in?

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
Re: Inventory management and trading
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 02:55:57 pm »

Loot different types of bags.  Put money and gems in one bag.  Put gear in another and loot in a separate one.  All other gear goes in my pack.

When I want to sell only my loot, I just dump the other bags outside the store and bring my money and loot bag in.

The only problem I have is I tend to hoard ammo, and ammo weighs a ton...

crazycarlt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 03:00:23 pm »

How do you avoid selling your clothes? I have one dress and the dress appears in the trade window. I also have two socks on, but other socks I want to get rid of, but can't tell which socks to sell. Go in naked, money over one shoulder, loot over the other? :D

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 03:07:20 pm »

I try to only buy and wear upgraded and decorated stuff.  If I am just starting out, I take all my clothes off and drop them outside the store.