Averni
Getai
Carthage
Koinon Hellenon
Epeiros
Ptolemaioi
Pontos

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Let's Play Europa Barbarorum - Pontos - Update #15 - Hideous Hellenes  (Read 42483 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Europa Barbarorum - Pontos
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 05:39:27 am »

Well RS, unlike EB, has fancy-ass-as-hell graphics and nice music to show off. So there.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 06:56:33 am »

Well RS, unlike EB, has fancy-ass-as-hell graphics and nice music to show off. So there.

And on the 8th day God created <generic audio player> that can play music in the background, while one plays Romanus eunt Domus : Total War
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 07:01:30 am »

Do you need the expansions to install this mod?

It's made for RTW 1.5 but with a little hassle (google if you like) it can be made to work with either BI or ALX. Expansions are supposed to give it a bit better AI and night fights. In addition at least ALX makes the AI retrain it's units so hopefully we won't be facing as many half killed stacks.

PhantomSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 07:11:49 pm »

The mini-map is a bit confusing to me, are the tan provinces amongst your provinces unowned? The white splotches are owned by the Seleucids I presume, why have you discovered one of their provinces so deep in Persia?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 07:37:18 pm »

I'm pretty sure tan provinces are independent.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 08:22:19 pm »

The mini-map is a bit confusing to me, are the tan provinces amongst your provinces unowned? The white splotches are owned by the Seleucids I presume, why have you discovered one of their provinces so deep in Persia?

White/grey is Selucids, yes. The tan are independents/rebels. There are also two yellow provinces (Ptolemaic Egypt) in the southern coast of Anatolia that can be a bit hard to differentiate from Selucid white or rebel tan. Unlike in vanilla, in EB most factions know a little more than than their immediate surroundings. In this case, since Selucid capitol is so deep in Persia, and we start the game allied with them, we see that much in our minimap.

----

The Illustrated Histories of the Kingdom of Pontos

Chapter 3

Spoiler: 269-268 BC (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Battle of Sinope (click to show/hide)

As soon as we can start retraining those phalanxes, we should have the means to really go out and start conquering the rest of Asia Minor/Beyond.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Europa Barbarorum - Pontos - Update #3 is up
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 09:28:53 pm »

Oooh, ow, sucks to lose a general like that.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 10:05:44 pm »

I've lost an acronym somewhere. EB=Europa Baraborum, but RS=I dunno. Halp plx?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 10:11:35 pm »

RS=Roma Surrectum.

Shortened version of RSII, which is Roma Surrectum 2. But nowadays I'd assume pretty much everyone plays RSII instead of RSI that it doesn't matter.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 06:42:14 am »

Wasn't the first time I've lost a family member for making a charge while exhausted. Maybe there's a lesson to be learned from this.

The guy was my most promising general to boot. Few years of schooling and some victories and he would have been well on his way to become my #1 General. Alas. Most of my other young family members are not quite that stellar. Ah well, luckily the stats game gives everyone only make things a bit more likely or unlikely so I can still train up my Alexander.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 04:30:11 pm »

Chapter 4 - In which foundations are laid

Spoiler: 267-265 BC (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 2nd Battle of Ipsos (click to show/hide)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Europa Barbarorum - Pontos - Update #5
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 05:38:22 pm »

Chapter 5 - In which alternative forms of government are acknowledged

Spoiler: Battle of Ankyra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 264-263 BC (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Battle of Nikaia (click to show/hide)

--

After we're done securing Asia Minor, we have quite a few options on where to expand and I'd like to hear your thoughts on the subject.

1. Directly to our east and north-east are the Caucasus mountains with mineral rich provinces. It's held by our current ally Hayasdan however and attacking it would open up an avenue for the Selucids to make their move against us.

2. We could go after Selucids which would take us east towards Persian lands. Big cities. Much money to be had there too. It would however open our flank for the Ptolemaioi to exploit, while tackling the Selucid giant head-on could be a rather daunting task this early in the game. On the other hand if they've been exhausted by the Ptolemaioi it might turn into a massive anticlimax and we'd end up crushing them with zero effort. I'd really prefer to give them time to go postal on us or for Ptolemaioi to really conquer them and let them go postal on us.

3. Go West. In the balkans Macedonia, Epeirotes and Koinon Hellenon are for the time being still at each other's throats. With Balkans and Anatolia we would have a monopoly on Aegean trade and a decent chunk of Mediterranean trade in general.

4. Historical route. Start turning the Black Sea into our mare nostrum. It would also offer the benefit of letting the Ptolemaioi/Selucids grow for a late game showdown and give time for the Greeks to get united under a single banner and turn it into Alexander: The Sequel for rest of the world. It might also open a front against Hayasdan, Getai and Sauromatae in the long run. And there would of course be the Black Sea trade to fill our coffers and enable us to field more awesome armies.

Not that there's any rush to go outward just yet. Pergamon and Halicarnassus in the west coast and Trapezous in the north are still independent and Ptolemaioi hold two provinces in the south uncomfortably close to our big cities.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 07:36:26 pm »

Historical route, sounds more Fun. =D
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 09:19:37 pm »

Sail to Crimea and take it from those bastard Sarmatians! rebels or whoever's there I can't tell.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, 10:30:13 pm »

Go historical for the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5