Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobold Ambush  (Read 749 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Kobold Ambush
« on: February 18, 2012, 10:08:12 am »

So recently I became an evil dwarf necromancer as I mentioned in another thread. So I fall asleep surrounded by my lovely zombie companions, when all of a sudden in the middle of the night i am surrounded by likely 30 kobolds, who slay my 10-15 zombies quickly. Insane how crazy these kobolds gang up on everybody now that they survive worldgen. I am also happy to raise an army of undead kobolds. Zombies are very weak, as they die quickly, but they are a great meatshield, and against single targets they are deadly.

Now I am dead, due to those mentioned 40 kobolds. Oh well, at least I killed a village, and I might have brought necromancy to the kobolds.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Kobold Ambush
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 11:39:06 am »

The Kobolds remember what you did.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 12:30:02 pm »

I usually like kobolds, they're so easy to hack to pieces since many hardly wear any armor.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

mrguy492

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 02:14:03 pm »

I had 1 time where in the middle of the night Kobolds attacked my party. all of the sudden DF started skipping turns and I was dead. now when I get ambushed I have a little fun. Get them on the ground and tear off their ears and nose, then poke them in the eyes with my sword until they bleed out or get up, in which case I then slash them in the legs or stab them in the lower body, rinse, repeat

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 02:19:40 pm »

Kobolds have the largest ambushes I've seen in any bandit attack before. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but I usually get 10-15 human bandit attacks, maybe some elves and maybe 1 dwarf. I get something like 25 kobolds each time.