Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Methods of dealing with the boogiemen  (Read 3578 times)

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Methods of dealing with the boogiemen
« on: February 18, 2012, 06:18:09 am »

So, how do you guys deal with those pesky boogiemen?

Alexwarhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Methods of dealing with the boogiemen
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 06:23:06 am »

I made a thread like this a while ago , and basically you have to run from them until you have a master or better skill level in a weapon skill , and then you have to take them one on one aiming for areas that are both easy/easier to hit and can be chopped off easily.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 06:43:25 am »

in the new version, its easy to set yourself up in a good "boogeyman training area" (its best to do this with a full set of armor from a  local castle) basically just stand right outside the door of a shop, then when the boogeymen come, fight them until it looks like you are outmatched, then run inside and watch them disappear. The first two nights are hard, ad you may still die from an unlucky shot, but after a while you use the nightly attacks to get your legendary +5 sworsman to legendary +7.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 07:04:11 am »

in the new version, its easy to set yourself up in a good "boogeyman training area" (its best to do this with a full set of armor from a  local castle) basically just stand right outside the door of a shop, then when the boogeymen come, fight them until it looks like you are outmatched, then run inside and watch them disappear. The first two nights are hard, ad you may still die from an unlucky shot, but after a while you use the nightly attacks to get your legendary +5 sworsman to legendary +7.
Intresting tactic, i might have to try this, so i dont die again by that pesky goblin spearmaster that killed two of my adventurers.
(i just slaughterd a giant lion and got tons of meat :( )

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 07:13:28 am »

Set (C)ombat preferences ( to "attack: charge", "dodge:move away", "charge defense: stand"). Try fight only one bogeyman at time. Use edged weapon and aim for lower body. Succesful hit will hack bogeymen into two pieces.

iMuzzaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 07:25:30 am »

Design world with advanced parameters, turn boogeymen types to none. Simples.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 11:42:31 am »

Ambush.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 12:27:21 pm »

Serious, hacking off at the lower body is easy against boogies. Next: charge defence stand, They're small and lightweight usually, they'll bounce off. Do NOT CHARGE. As with bandits, it's easier to deal with one at a time. Face one, fight a bit. Another gets in, take a few steps back and fight one again. If you charge, you stand a good chance to see yourself surrounded by up to 7 boogiemen, which is not good. When playing as dwarf: when in battle trance, you can hit targets that are up to 2 steps harder than you're used to. Had fun with this when flinging stones. Headshots, broken legs, hands, noses... ahh, good times
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 12:29:18 pm »

The bogeyman mutilated corpse punches The Bogeyman in the right foot with its right hand, shattering the bone!

1. Become a necromancer.
2. Provoke and kill one bogeyman.
3. Animate the bogeyman (and any other body parts you carry).
4. As more enemies die, animate them.
5. ...
6. Profit.

HARDYMAN

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
awesome adventurer
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 05:55:12 pm »

For some reason my latest adventurer was spawned with 2020 speed and the uncanny ability to destroy anything.
I hunt bogeymen with this adventurer, aim for their lower body and cut them in half. I have 160 notable kills and 181 other kills. 80 of them being bogeymen. I fought a hydra and cut off three of its heads before it bled to death and beheaded a giantess.

FourierSeries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 05:27:53 am »

I learned value of sleeping near the marketplace.

For this to work you need enough speed to be able to run through the marketplace, keeping ahead of them, once they find you. The devotees of capitalism have a special rapport with these creatures.

Fear the night? Try this some time.

There are greater things to be feared than the cackling fey.
I don't think losing guts actually kills you, you just throw up and pass out and bleed to death.
This was supposed to be a cool upgrade. All I got was more hostile zombies.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 01:35:09 pm »

1. Become a necromancer.
5. ...
6. Profit.

IIRC, Bogeymen can't be re-animated.

Another good method for dealing with bogeymen is with wrasslin. Even at adequate level you should be able to consistently grab one, and since they're so small you'll have no trouble keeping a hold on them and doing maneuvers. Best combo I found was to grab their head with an empty hand, perform a takedown (if they're not prone already), gouge out their eyes, and toss them to the side, leaving them helpless to any other tortures you have in mind. A number of them have antennas or extra eyes, or are completely sightless to begin with, so you'd have be prepared for that.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 10:33:04 am »

Running, with a side of Dwarven Martial Trance! It doesn't work often, mind you, but, y'know. Magma buckets are still unavailable in Adventure mode... >:(
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 04:26:43 pm »

1. Become a necromancer.
5. ...
6. Profit.

IIRC, Bogeymen can't be re-animated.

Another good method for dealing with bogeymen is with wrasslin. Even at adequate level you should be able to consistently grab one, and since they're so small you'll have no trouble keeping a hold on them and doing maneuvers. Best combo I found was to grab their head with an empty hand, perform a takedown (if they're not prone already), gouge out their eyes, and toss them to the side, leaving them helpless to any other tortures you have in mind. A number of them have antennas or extra eyes, or are completely sightless to begin with, so you'd have be prepared for that.
this thread was necro'd, when this thread came out at the time when they where able to be reanimated.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 08:37:11 am »

*Plops down a =Nicholas Cage= on the necromancers and carts them off to the arena*
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."
Pages: [1] 2