Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Warlord: Tserkovian Chronicles - Jump in Whenever You Want  (Read 17614 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Warlord-Suggestion Game
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2012, 06:31:55 am »

> Send some women and children to even out the odds. We need less people eating our rations anyway.

> Let some of your spearmen assume te phalanx formation if they haven't done so. That means they also need a shield, so arm them with those too.

>Slaves.  They're slaves, who hate your guts, and would gladly join the enemy.

>Spearmen?  What spearmen? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2012, 06:36:35 am »

Oh right, I forgot we have no bomb collars or something like that. D: Scratch that.

Hmm... as for the spearman problem... not sure...

What types of soldiers do we have, and their weapons?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2012, 06:38:52 am »

Think Roman legionary with medium length iron swords, and circular hide shields.  Also, a more blue, brown, and white motif.  That's the only type of soldier you have, heavy infantry.  Please make up a better name. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2012, 09:10:25 am »

Think Roman legionary with medium length iron swords, and circular hide shields.  Also, a more blue, brown, and white motif.  That's the only type of soldier you have, heavy infantry.  Please make up a better name.

Skirmisher. If Roman do we have peltests? I'm guessing no.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2012, 09:11:51 am »

Heavy infantry, so no.  If nobody has anything to suggest for the next turn, no brilliant tactical maneuver, then I'll just go ahead and see if the bonuses kick in. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2012, 09:14:35 am »

Heavy infantry, so no.  If nobody has anything to suggest for the next turn, no brilliant tactical maneuver, then I'll just go ahead and see if the bonuses kick in.

I just want the men to continue charging. Shoot.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2012, 09:32:46 am »

Kay.

The battle rages.  Your men are standing strong.  Here is where your brutal training regiment shows.  You have managed to turn these men into little more than ants, ready to die, fight, and kill for you. 

It seems roughly equal, the battle does.  The enemy's number is kept in check by the ditch and by your mens' line, it's good.  At least they didn't try to flank you. 

It rages on.  About a hundred on your side have died, a few hundred of theirs.  It still won't be enough.  You only have roughly 500 men left, they still have probably almost twice that number.  A retreat probably wouldn't work here, your men would be slaughtered if they gave ground.  Your men would never flee, but neither is the enemy. 

The soldiers of Thauldar have the advantage in terrain, discipline, and weapons, which is really the only reason they've been able to hold on, thus far.  Can anyone recommend a random number generator that actually produces good results? 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2012, 10:35:28 am »

Fuuuck. I've run this into the ground plenty, I'll let someone take w whack at getting us out of this.

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2012, 11:16:49 am »

push any free palisade logs out into the ditch they climbing up to break the enemy formation. if none available that havent been planted yet im sure our men arent the best wall craftsman something should come loose
voice of evil reason

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2012, 11:19:19 am »

push any free palisade logs out into the ditch they climbing up to break the enemy formation. if none available that havent been planted yet im sure our men arent the best wall craftsman something should come loose

+1. If not have bales of hay moved by a 10 person slave group moved near the pit and lit on fire, then pushed in.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2012, 12:27:27 am »

Also have the men focus on an overpowering force tactic and not trying to wrap the enemy. That would spread our force to thin and kill our men. Keep them concentrated and strong. Have them punch holes in any portion of the enemies ranks that looks thin.

Begin letting out battlecries and war shrieks. The men should follow suit. How does the enemies morale look? Are none turning to be routed?

So much for letting someone else run it into the ground.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:50:15 am by Gotdamnmiracle »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2012, 12:28:36 am »

I use random.org for my thread.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2012, 12:52:34 am »

Use your slaves as flanking skirmishers near around the ditch. outfit them with large stones or if the opposing commander is nearby challenge him to single combat to break morale.
Raggle Fraggle

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2012, 12:55:36 am »

Use your slaves as flanking skirmishers near around the ditch. outfit them with large stones or if the opposing commander is nearby challenge him to single combat to break morale.

>Slaves.  They're slaves, who hate your guts, and would gladly join the enemy.

Make sure the teams are small and aren't armed with anything other than rocks. The last thing we need right now is a revolt.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:59:36 am by Gotdamnmiracle »

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2012, 01:04:36 am »

To be fair, treating slaves this poorly was a overall bad move on our part.

>offer slaves some form of reward for valor in battle.
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13