Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Warlord: Tserkovian Chronicles - Jump in Whenever You Want  (Read 17577 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Warlord: Tserkovian Chronicles
« Reply #165 on: March 04, 2012, 03:48:20 am »

...I completely forgot about the scouts.  Still, glad my two viewers agreed on something.

The food supply is dwindling like there's no tomorrow, and once it runs out, there really will be no future for you or your army.  Talking to your High Recruiter, he barks at the slaves.  All able bodied women and men, in small unarmed groups, will go and forage for food. 

*5 hours later*

Waiting a bit impatiently, pacing across the hard earthen ground, you are glad to see the slave groups come back, and with what appears to be a good number of provisions.  None of them died, or were even injured, which is a bit of a double edged sword.

Apparently, the slaves ( former tribesmen ) had often gathered berries and roots when game was scarce, and so they knew a lot of good spots.  You feel rather annoyed by this, but you didn't bother to ask them, anyway, so it's your fault.  Nonetheless, the slaves have carried as much as they could, gathering 1190 rations worth of edible plants.  At least now you know that they know what they're doing.

While looking over the inventory list for general supplies, you hear cries coming from your men.  Going to see what the commotion is, you find the scouts having FINALLY returned.  Only 5 are left, the ones you sent east. 

Questioning them, you learn that they found what appears to be a temple, made by the Rurikovan empire as a place to worship the current "God-King".  It makes a promising target.  Probably lightly defended, although you could be wrong, most likely there will be food and other valuables in it.  But then the empire wouldn't take too kindly to an upstart massacring one of their holy temples...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just setting up a new target. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2012, 12:10:56 pm »

Well that worked. Okay. Let's have the high recruiter train the crap out of the new adults. Send the supervised slaves out again as well as the hunters, hopefully they learned some things last time. Also ask the scout if he saw any interesting resources in the surrounding area (possible mining locations, streams, farms, that sort of thing) Then move on to the new recruited men. Ask them where they used to fish and gather game. Also ask about the surrounding area.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 04, 2012, 03:08:33 pm »

How big is the empire?
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2012, 04:07:46 pm »

How big is the empire?
Fairly huge if I remember correctly. Let's not fuck with them for now. I think some peace time growing and weapon making would work more in our favor.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2012, 04:52:40 am »

Just as a reminder, the male slaves won't be fully indoctrinated until like, a month, or at least several weeks of inhuman training.  I will have the High Recruiter start the training, once I write the turn. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2012, 07:29:21 am »

Alright, no change of plans, on with the turn.

A new day dawns, and the food supply is running rather low again.  Calling together the slave teams, you order them to go search for food.  They can't claim that they don't know where any plants are, and if they lie, they will be punished. 

After you brusquely send them off, you go over to your High Recruiter, who is already drilling the new "recruits".  Those that are being difficult and obstinate are whipped, and those that do so for a second time are impaled on spikes, twice as long as a man.  They're not so stupid as to incur your wrath twice, so the number of impaled miscreants remains disappointingly low. 

All seems well, time to gather some information.

Entering a crude ( but spacious ) tent you erected for yourself and for the lieutenants, you find the scout, sitting as still as a stone on the floor, flanked on either side by your Spymaster and a rankless lieutenant.  Time to begin the debriefing.

"Soldier, you know very well our situation.  I need to know what lies to the east, other than the temple."  You neglect to mention the fact that you can't attack it without incurring the wrath of the empire, which you can't face yet.

"On your expedition with your four other comrades, what did you see?  Lakes, hills, any landmarks of note?"

"My lord, we did see a lake.  It was far from the temple, no sign of human life nearby, sir.  We gathered water plants there when our provisions wore thin."

"Is that all?"

"No sir, there was also a hill, made of solid rock, sir.  Just slightly south of the lake."

"Good.  You are dismissed".  He bows, and leaves. 

Going outside, you have another idea.  Going to some of the recruits resting ( for just a minute ) you bark at him to tell you where large sources of game, fish, or anything else noteworthy are.  The man's will is already eroded, he answers in a slightly hushed voice, that there is a lake, to the east.  You are about to tell him that you already know that, but you are surprised when he tells you about the "Scale men" who live in the lake. 

Pressing him further, you learn that a group of scaly looking men somehow live in the lake, coming out to trade with and raid the tribes nearby.  According to this man, the scale men worship a nearby large mound made up of various stone, but with a high concentration of metal. 

He must mean the hill. 

You hear footsteps coming, and see the slave teams approaching.  They have all come back, none are stupid enough to run when their families and friends are your slaves.  They have brought a good supply of food, enough to sustain you for a day. 

Food gathered: 2790

What to do now?

So...any suggestions? 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 07:32:08 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2012, 01:14:12 pm »

Let's have the slaves begin digging furrows for fields. Also let's organize another group of scouts. 4 groups of five, two days rations again. Tell them to be cautions. send them in each direction and tell the one going east to give us information on the scalemen, forget the temple for now. Let's have the unoccupied men dig more fortifications. Have the high recruiter do what he does best.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2012, 04:55:58 am »

*Googles furrow*

Oh okay.

The sun rises over your camp, which you have realized is sorely lacking in both defenses, and sustainability.  Gathering the female slaves, and some unoccupied male slaves, you order them to begin work on fields.  The ground isn't the best for planting, and no one really knows how to farm, but hopefully it'll work out for the best.

Without tools, the work is slow going, to say the least.  But, there are a lot of strong slaves, in a few days, your camp will take its first steps to becoming some sort of stronghold. 

No sense wasting time.  Every aspiring commander knows that he must learn about his surroundings.  Gathering four teams of, once again, five men with two days worth of rations, you order them to explore the four cardinal directions around you.  They do not need to be reminded of the dangers of the forest, and of unwashed barbarians, but you do so anyway.  As a side note to the group going east, you remind them of the scale men, and to be extra cautious.  And with that, they set off, without any pomp or celebration.

Leaving only the outward guards to warn of any impending attack, you order the majority of your men to widen the pit.  That saved your army's life during the battle, might as well make it more useful.  The rest of your soldiers reinforce the palisade.  It'll be done soon enough. 

As you lay down to rest in your tent, going over your supplies, a soldier runs in, telling of a scuffle to the east.  You rush outside, and immediately a putrid smell assaults your nostrils.  Your troops are bringing in some men, four of them to be exact.  You bark at a soldier for a situation report. 

The agitated ( that's not a good sign ) soldier tells of how some reptilian bandits assaulted the outlying guards while they were rotating shifts.  The men actually killed one of the scaled men, the rest fled.  The soldiers only received cuts from the enemy's knives, but as it turns out, the knives were poisoned.  The men died within minutes, just from cuts. 

You ask if there was anything else.  Well, the soldier says, the scaled men left...a package.  He gestures to it, and when you take a look, you are shocked to see the mutilated remains of the scouts you sent east. 

Yeah. 

Anyway, I'm gonna make a table of contents which I'll periodically post on the first page, is that a good idea? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Super sad bump. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

C'mon buddeh.

Alright! Where to begin? Rally the men to the center of the main area and tell them of the situation. A declaration of war by the cold blooded dreck. We rest tonight, but 300 heavy infantry and 100 archers, make yourself ready for dawn. We move.

The slaves should continue being driven and used for tilling the feilds. Tell them to use the waste from the rotting flesh of the men we just fought as fertilizer in our feilds and to make sure that if they need to relieve themselves to do it in the feilds loose soil (fertilizer and ammonia from urine creates ammonium nitrate. This stuff is plant food goldmine extravaganza!) Also tell them that if they hope to revolt then I will personally have them slaughtered and used to fertilize the feilds.

The remaining men keep on watch and keep very wary. Archers should have their arrows knocked as anything comes or goes. I also want sentries to walk the length of the wall and souning an alert if anything is spotted. If anything happens don't focus on repelling the threat, focus on holding the fort. We will return.

When the men are rested have them grab rations and lead them out into the East!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

You just stand there, almost frozen, in mute rage.  Your soldiers stand around, wondering what you're thinking.  Abruptly, you strut to the center of the camp.  Everyone, including the slaves, instinctively gathers around you.

Taking a deep breath, you speak. 

"These scaly bastards have chosen their fate.  They have chosen death over survival, by killing these men.  If they want to meet the cold embrace of death so soon, I shall gladly oblige them."

A tad cliche, but hey, none of these people can read or string together that many sentences, so who cares.

"I want 300 soldiers and 100 archers ready to march at the crack of dawn.  Slaves, bury my men in the fields."  You can sense that the last order shakes them up a bit, but you don't care. 

"Any who disobey me shall be killed and turned into mulch with them".  A discreet glance at the body of slaves gets the message across.

The camp sleeps, the slaves fearfully, the soldiers indifferently.  You are thoughtful, at your most dangerous, in a sense.  The reptiles can kill with just scratches of knives.  You must be vigilant and cunning if you are to crush them.

*6 hours later*

You wake, just as the sun is peaking out, and you smile ever so slightly when you see your attack force already up and prepared for march.  The lizards won't know what will hit them.

Before you depart, you order your Spymaster and High Recruiter to work together in order to keep the camp safe.  It will be more vulnerable than ever, so they'd better be careful.  They'll hopefully be able to gather enough food and train enough recruits to be okay until you get back.

Breathing the cold forest air, you march at the head of your vanguard.  The lizardmen will pay.

I'll probably have the lieutenants gather food, automatically, every turn or so.  I'll probably have to keep down notes. 

I don't know if I should continue this game.  No point complaining, I guess. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>Continue at a low march and try to see the lizards before they see you.

Personally, I like it. I don't know why it isn't catching on. I assume everyone has school. You could kill it if you like and start something else and see if it catches on better, I wouldn't argue to much. If you just want to play, I have a horror/survival suggestion game now that needs some direction. I've only seen 1 repeat poster as of yet, but it's fairly young.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

I'll keep at it.  First off though, should I change the title to something simpler?  And the "table of contents" on the first page, should I remove it, or what? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Also, your game sounds nice, is it the one in your sig? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, your game sounds nice, is it the one in your sig?

Oh! Shit, no. That's the player one I'm running. Thank you for reminding me. Let me drop a link and put it in my sig.

Here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104006.0
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13