Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question: Disabilitate REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY  (Read 1009 times)

Darksshades

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Question: Disabilitate REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY
« on: February 17, 2012, 11:30:51 pm »

Hey \o...

I was just wondering if there is a way to create a world without revealing all the Legends Story...
I know you can edit the world_gen.txt to [REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY:0], but that way it only works when creating a world in the advanced mode.

So, is it possible to create a world in the simple creation without revealing all the Legends Story??

o/

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Question: Disabilitate REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 01:31:34 am »

Nope, if you want to use the simple world generator, I think you pretty much have to settle with what it gives you. Advanced generation does, however, come with some premade map types, and if you want to get into making your own maps, magmawiki can help you out pretty well (and I'll gladly offer any pointers I can if you ask, I've experimented with it a lot).
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Darksshades

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 11:26:16 am »

Thx, I'll try to use some of the default then..... But, as the new version the populations/citys are bigger, won't the "TOTAL_CIV_POPULATION" tag in the default_world_gen be kinda outdated and generate small or not complete citys?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 01:32:51 pm »

Thx, I'll try to use some of the default then..... But, as the new version the populations/citys are bigger, won't the "TOTAL_CIV_POPULATION" tag in the default_world_gen be kinda outdated and generate small or not complete citys?
As far as I know, populations remain the same, more or less, there's just a lot more detail put into generation. A lot more - cities are bigger and more complex, people don't pool in houses as much, shops and houses can be abandoned (not just fortresses anymore), castles, catacombs and sewers are generated, there are necromancers, werewolves and vampires to worry about, and so on. The civilization size is the same, and even if it wasn't, Toady would've updated it to where it would work the same as it did before. It's not something you'll need to worry about.  :)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 02:16:07 pm »

A bit of an edit: Dug around a bit for you and I found what you're looking for: [SHOW_ALL_HISTORY_IN_DWARF_MODE:YES]

It's a line in the data/init/d_init.txt file. Change it to NO and it should do what you're wanting. =)

Darksshades

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 03:31:05 pm »

Wow!... That's exactly what a was looking for, Thanks a lot \o\!

EDIT: although that only affects the history YOU produce in the fortress mode. So the world still begins with all history already revealed.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 03:36:27 pm by Darksshades »