Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 878402 times)

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #6165 on: May 18, 2014, 03:54:40 pm »

Don't they also need something to build on as well. ie, you could use them on the first floor but you would need to construct floors for any level  above that?
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: May 19, 2014, 09:22:25 am »

So at this point not finding the body is a good thing, if I can stand not knowing the exact circumstances of her death.

Have you tried reading the slab? They'll usually have cause of death written  on them.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: May 19, 2014, 10:28:57 am »

I think I did but it didn't have the cause of death.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: May 19, 2014, 03:04:54 pm »

IIRC, slabs made for missing dwarves just list when they went missing.

DFHack has a script called 'deathcause', though it may not always be accurate. To use it, just open the units screen and highlight the missing unit before using the script.

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: May 20, 2014, 10:19:30 am »

I have dwarves assigned to varying squads. The squads have uniforms based on weapon usage. I go to the (m)ilitary screen, and I'm looking at the default (p)ositions screen.
When my cursor is on the left column, the squads, I am seeing "2/10 Wrestlers", "4/10 Wrestlers", etc.
But if I go to the middle column--the individuals in positions--each of them show to be what I would expect: "Competent Speardwarf", "Competent Sworddwarf", etc.

Why the difference? Have I missed part of the uniform assignment? Or is this because they aren't active right now(though "Inactive=Uniformed").

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: May 21, 2014, 11:21:57 am »

While I'm not completely sure on this... might it just be that they don't actually have the weapons equipped/on them? For instance, until your speardwarves actually GET spears to use, they'll have to wrestle anything they see, thus are wrestlers.

Like I said though, not totally sure on that.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: May 21, 2014, 11:45:53 am »

I was more under the impression they went by their highest military skill. So if wrestling is currently higher than macedwarf they will be wrestlers until macedwarf is higher.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: May 21, 2014, 01:20:02 pm »

I was more under the impression they went by their highest military skill. So if wrestling is currently higher than macedwarf they will be wrestlers until macedwarf is higher.

If you are looking at individual positions, it will tell you their skill with their assigned weapon.

At the top, it will go by what weapons they currently have.

What you described is their military profession, which depends on their highest military skill.

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: May 21, 2014, 02:27:27 pm »

If you are looking at individual positions, it will tell you their skill with their assigned weapon.
Thanks. So really what this is telling me is that I don't have enough weapons for everyone in the squad, correct?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: May 21, 2014, 02:30:39 pm »

Thanks. So really what this is telling me is that I don't have enough weapons for everyone in the squad, correct?

Either that or they aren't grabbing them for some reason.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: May 21, 2014, 06:01:38 pm »

I'd just ignore those labels altogether.  If you want to see whether your squad has all its equipment assigned, use m e and look for green checkmarks.  A missing checkmark means the equipment has not been assigned.

If you want to see whether they're actually wearing their assigned equipment after that, you have to view each dwarf's inventory one by one.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: May 22, 2014, 01:52:43 pm »

If I queued a shirt, trousers, socks, shoes, mittens, and a hood to be made in a clothiers shop and set them on repeat would they switch between each other or not. I don't think they would in any reliable manner but I am almost positive other times I have set up repeating orders I have seen something like this happen.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: May 22, 2014, 01:56:03 pm »

If I queued a shirt, trousers, socks, shoes, mittens, and a hood to be made in a clothiers shop and set them on repeat would they switch between each other or not. I don't think they would in any reliable manner but I am almost positive other times I have set up repeating orders I have seen something like this happen.

When a job set to repeat is completed, it is sent to the bottom of the queue so that other jobs can be done as well.

If you queued a shirt, trousers, socks, shoes, mittens, and a hood to be made on repeat, they would be all be made continuously in that order until you stopped them or you run out of cloth.

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: May 23, 2014, 08:38:25 am »

Wha what?!? You mean:
Make rock table - A
Make blocks - R
Make stone pot
Make slab

Will finish making a table, make a single block, then a pot and a slab, and then get back to blocks?

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: May 23, 2014, 08:45:51 am »

Sort of, except that the 'make rock blocks' job will make 4 blocks from a single stone.  But yes, when that's done, the 'slab' job will queue next (mason's shops don't make rock pots - that's at the craftdwarf's shop).

Then, your mason will go back to blocks, until you either stop the job, or run out of stone.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 422