Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 878557 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #6000 on: February 27, 2014, 11:39:52 am »

I expect we'll see procedurally-generated BDSM in the 0.7x or 0.8x update.
[ETHIC:SAFE_WORD:UNTHINKABLE]
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: February 27, 2014, 12:40:32 pm »

and an adult content toggle? I don't need it, but the US government probably demands it.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: February 28, 2014, 05:07:59 am »

Why aren't my pigs breeding? I have a boar and 2 sows pastured together (which I know doesn't matter but anyway) but there's no porcine poking going on. What gives?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: February 28, 2014, 08:45:57 am »

Why aren't my pigs breeding? I have a boar and 2 sows pastured together (which I know doesn't matter but anyway) but there's no porcine poking going on. What gives?

Are they the same species? Pigs will just be boars and sows while wild boars would be wild boar boar and wild boar sow (wierd grammatically, I know). Also, do you only have 3 pigs? If you have 50 or more pigs in the fort (caged or otherwise), they won't breed further because of the pop cap for each species.

Otherwise, wait a year or so if you have just gotten them recently.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 08:48:07 am by smjjames »

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: February 28, 2014, 08:48:03 am »

Just 3 pigs, all the same species. Only 5 other animals in the fort (3 pets and 2 war dogs), and about 70 dorfs.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: February 28, 2014, 08:50:05 am »

Did you get them less than a year ago? You'll have to wait at least a year before they'll give birth. I've noticed that animals tend to give birth during mid-late winter or early spring, but could be any time in the year.

Edit: Its not that you'll have to wait a year before they'll breed, it's that it'll be at least a year before you'll see births.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 08:54:02 am by smjjames »

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: March 01, 2014, 05:45:15 am »

I brought them with me on embark, they bred fine for the first 4 years then just stopped. :(

EDIT: My dogs have stopped breeding now, too. Is there like an overall cap on living things per map or something?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 06:09:37 am by Chattox »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: March 01, 2014, 06:36:37 am »

I brought them with me on embark, they bred fine for the first 4 years then just stopped. :(

EDIT: My dogs have stopped breeding now, too. Is there like an overall cap on living things per map or something?

yes, about 50 per animal type, IIrc. It's not a hard cap, so existing pregnancies and such may put you way past that number, but yes, at some point animals stop breeding and you just have to butcher some. It's only dependant on their own species though, it doesn't matter how many other animals are around.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 06:38:43 am by Garath »
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: March 01, 2014, 06:47:38 am »

Is it possible then that there's an underground civ somewhere down there with a buttload of pigs and dogs?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: March 01, 2014, 04:19:28 pm »

nope, they're not from your civ so they don't count towards your limit (I think) and nope, not unless you're playing a mod

Have they been out for at least 1 year now? how long have they been not breeding? It's usually not continuous but goes in waves, suddenly everything popping out cubs, kittens or whatevers.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
Stockpile not getting goods
« Reply #6010 on: March 02, 2014, 07:51:40 pm »

Alright, anyone seen this one?

I had a stockpile for weapons.  I removed it.  In it exists some iron maces that my squads no longer use because I switched them to crossbows.  Down in my armory area, I created a stockpile to specifically take iron maces of exceptional or better quality.

Noone's grabbing the goods.  Anyone have an idea why not?  I've confirmed they're all in the same burrow and I've gone so far as to forbid and then reclaim the goods that used to be in the stockpile.

I've got a similar problem with a shield laying on the ground in what used to be a different stockpile that also won't get itself moved.

Something's fishy here.  Not sure what it is.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: March 02, 2014, 08:21:21 pm »

The maces and shield aren't a part of any uniform at all?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: March 02, 2014, 09:10:10 pm »

I can confirm the maces aren't.  The shields should be equipped if they're being used, though.  My soldiers are replace armor/wear as civilian.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: March 03, 2014, 12:04:57 am »

Have you tried bringing them off and back on duty? DFHack clean owned? Haulers aren't busy? (Jobs are First in Last Out, IIRC.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: March 03, 2014, 01:03:39 am »

Have you tried bringing them off and back on duty? DFHack clean owned? Haulers aren't busy? (Jobs are First in Last Out, IIRC.)

They're almost always off duty, they're civilians with armor I activate in emergencies with squad commands.  Haulers are 22 idlers.  DF Hack clean owned...  one second. :)

30,892 items.. Good grief.  However, still no joy.  Stockpile isn't even generating the job, nevermind a lack of pickup.

Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 422