Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 879293 times)

Bludulukus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #5205 on: September 15, 2013, 01:14:06 am »

A dwarf threw a tantrum and punched someone to death. I convicted him and he received 201 days of jail, the problem is the officer charged with dragging him to his cell is in coma(forgotten beast related).

So this murderous half naked dwarf is walking around instead of rotting in a cell

wat do

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: September 15, 2013, 01:25:23 am »

A dwarf threw a tantrum and punched someone to death. I convicted him and he received 201 days of jail, the problem is the officer charged with dragging him to his cell is in coma(forgotten beast related).

So this murderous half naked dwarf is walking around instead of rotting in a cell

wat do

Assign someone else as the officer? You should be able to. 

Bludulukus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: September 15, 2013, 01:35:49 am »

wat do

How would I go about that, in the justice screen?

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: September 15, 2013, 01:36:20 am »

wat do

Nobles.  Sheriff or Captain of the Guard.

Bludulukus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: September 15, 2013, 01:40:32 am »

wat do

The guy in the coma is not the captain, just a member of his squad. Maybe if I remove him from the squad?

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: September 15, 2013, 05:34:52 am »

wat do

The guy in the coma is not the captain, just a member of his squad. Maybe if I remove him from the squad?
Yes, that would probably work.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

lilopuppy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: September 15, 2013, 08:14:23 am »

Why is there a considerable delay when recovering wounded dwarves? Even after turning all of their other labors, I still notice that dwarves will often wait and do nothing, I even have dwarves who I didn't disable labors idle. Why is this? Do I need dwarves on preemptive idle when ambushes occur? Why do dwarves idle when there are wounded dwarves to be recovered? I've checked, they don't have recover wounded disabled. Am I missing something here?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: September 15, 2013, 11:19:27 am »

because other dwarves consider objects to be more important than dwarves. After all, you can just breed some fresh dwarves, while a pair of good troll fur socks is a not to be missed opportunity. More serious, noone knows. Recovering and caring for wounded is just way, way down the priority list
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: September 15, 2013, 12:53:38 pm »

It's also presumably somehow related to a dwarf's personality.  I can't remember the precise details, but some dwarves make much better doctors than others because they will treat the wounded much more quickly.  I would assume that a similar mechanic applies to recovering wounded.

I've seen some anecdotal evidence that this is correct for doctors anyway.  I've had cases where one doctor was amazingly lazy and would wait days in game before doing anything for the injured (while having No Job), where another would immediately jump up to work on them.  In that same fort I had a duchess who was bent on recovering the wounded in the middle of combat and would often have the injured in the hospital before it was even over, whereas in the last two forts the wounded tend to lie around on the ground for a while after everything settles before anyone comes to get them.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: September 16, 2013, 10:18:27 am »

If a forgotten beast has noxious secretions, does that mean it's blood (or ichor in my case) is 'deadly'? I'm just wondering because I had this feathered cave lobster with noxious secretions which didn't seem to actually secrete anything, wasn't a spitter, and its ichor did nothing and the wiki doesn't say anything about noxious secretions.

derpindave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: September 16, 2013, 10:34:32 am »

If a forgotten beast has noxious secretions, does that mean it's blood (or ichor in my case) is 'deadly'? I'm just wondering because I had this feathered cave lobster with noxious secretions which didn't seem to actually secrete anything, wasn't a spitter, and its ichor did nothing and the wiki doesn't say anything about noxious secretions.

Im wondering if thats the same for "blood" the last Forgotten beast I had said something in the description about being careful of its blood! It made it to the top layer of my fortress before being killed, the blood was everywhere but I havn't noticed any problems as of yet.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: September 16, 2013, 02:19:40 pm »

secretions might be something that covers its 'skin'? in that case, similarly with blood, it would most likely have to touch the skin of a dwarf who are generally quite well covered against anything but massive spurts of blood. Blood on the floor is only a problem to shoeless victims like pets. Another thing is that the 'deadly' properties might be an overstatement and it'll just cause some minor dizzyness, or the effects take some time before being noticable
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: September 16, 2013, 05:19:36 pm »

secretions might be something that covers its 'skin'? in that case, similarly with blood, it would most likely have to touch the skin of a dwarf who are generally quite well covered against anything but massive spurts of blood. Blood on the floor is only a problem to shoeless victims like pets. Another thing is that the 'deadly' properties might be an overstatement and it'll just cause some minor dizzyness, or the effects take some time before being noticable

Or ingested in the case of bite attacks as my legendaries throw in bite attacks from time to time. I didn't check to see if the FB had any coverings (besides water) and nothing happened to my military dwarves afterwards.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: September 16, 2013, 07:24:31 pm »

Do bolts suffer from the same single unusable leftover stack problem that bones (and thread to a lesser extent) have? Because I have LOTS of ___ bone bolts with no stack number which my marksdwarves seem to refuse to even use, even though I thought a quiver could hold up to 20 bolts.

Edit: Okay, I saw a dwarf put 15 single bolts into the quiver, so I guess they can? I don't know what the problem was earlier, but using an ammo stockpile that doesn't use bins seems to help since I have a gap to the sides and behind the archery targets to recover as many bolts as possible, also they don't always fill it to the max of 20 bolts.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 07:55:44 pm by smjjames »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: September 16, 2013, 10:49:11 pm »

Do bolts suffer from the same single unusable leftover stack problem that bones (and thread to a lesser extent) have? Because I have LOTS of ___ bone bolts with no stack number which my marksdwarves seem to refuse to even use, even though I thought a quiver could hold up to 20 bolts.

Edit: Okay, I saw a dwarf put 15 single bolts into the quiver, so I guess they can? I don't know what the problem was earlier, but using an ammo stockpile that doesn't use bins seems to help since I have a gap to the sides and behind the archery targets to recover as many bolts as possible, also they don't always fill it to the max of 20 bolts.
No, bolts don't have that problem.

The problem with the bone stacks isn't that dwarves can't use a stack of one, it's that you can somehow get stacks of less than one bone.
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 422