Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 879584 times)

Miriage

• Bay Watcher
  • Insane Dwarf.
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #4755 on: June 25, 2013, 10:22:58 pm »

If that is true then that's good, i always assumed they couldn't be turned back on. Now I can fulfill my dream of an entire militarized fortress.
Don't listen to a word I say, I am completely insane.
Does that mean you shouldn't listen to my pervious sentence and infact listen to everything I say?

WhimsyWink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: June 26, 2013, 03:35:45 pm »

Maybe someone could put out a "Stubborn Newb Pack" for me to use ... dfhack is something I wanted to avoid.

But it is loaded .. I'll see if it works tonight

thanks

should the "dfhack-0.34.11-r3-Windows" folder be in same folder as DF.exe or should the contents of "dfhack-0.34.11-r3-Windows" folder be in the same folder as DF.exe?
Ellipsis free since August 2013.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: June 26, 2013, 04:08:29 pm »

or should the contents of "dfhack-0.34.11-r3-Windows" folder be in the same folder as DF.exe?
yes

Uggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: June 27, 2013, 07:08:17 am »

1. Will dwarves smooth/engrave tiles with furniture on it, in particular doors, tables, bed, chairs?

2. I assume they will not smooth/engrave tiles with already built windows since windows block movement? If so, would it be better to smooth engrave the floor before building the window to increase room value?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: June 27, 2013, 04:35:17 pm »

1. Will dwarves smooth/engrave tiles with furniture on it, in particular doors, tables, bed, chairs?

2. I assume they will not smooth/engrave tiles with already built windows since windows block movement?
1. They will, but designating a whole room for smoothing and then marking individual tiles for furniture placement will remove the smoothing designation from those tiles.

2. They won't smooth a floor tile they can't stand on, no.

Same for engraving.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: June 27, 2013, 11:12:41 pm »

I've finally gotten to the second cavern layer and hope to catch some jabberers.  If I wall off all of the cavern edges, will a single open space suffice, or should I keep a few tiles open?  I'm just not sure if a single tile will prevent multiple creatures from spawning.  Thanks in advance!

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: June 28, 2013, 01:38:57 am »

Is it safe to transfer either goblins or untame animals from cage to cage as if they were tame animals?

I've been catching goblin thieves en masse with my cage traps and I would like to set up some live training for my marksman. I feel it would be a lot easier to just throw down one cage, transfer like 10-15 goblins into that single cage, link it up, pull the lever and fire away until all 10-15 goblins are dead. Usually, I manually place and link up each cage individually because I'm always afraid that trying to move a goblin from one cage to the next will set him free.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: June 28, 2013, 02:10:23 am »

no

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: June 28, 2013, 02:43:43 am »

I never had a goblin or anything else escape unless there were for example merchant guards nearby that suddenly started to attack
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

WhimsyWink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: June 28, 2013, 02:08:17 pm »

or should the contents of "dfhack-0.34.11-r3-Windows" folder be in the same folder as DF.exe?
yes

That was it, Thanks ... I chose "unzip all" and it kept the folder too
Ellipsis free since August 2013.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: June 28, 2013, 03:03:46 pm »

I'm a bit OCD sometimes when it comes to fort layouts and something's been bugging me.  How do I clear saplings (sans DFHack and growing them to trees) on the surface to be able to build surface farms without losing squares?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: June 28, 2013, 03:14:17 pm »

Build a dirt road I think.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: June 28, 2013, 03:43:19 pm »

Never mind my good man.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: June 29, 2013, 02:53:50 pm »

*headscratch*  Alright, I wounded my hammerer due to bad lever control decisions, and he's just lying on the floor with a broken leg, dying of thirst and hunger.

I just slapped together a few traction benches and stuffed 'em into the hospital, just in case.  There's open beds there as well.  I can't even get a 'drag wounded' or whatever the job name is to cycle into the job list, nevermind get this poor guy up to the hospital.  there's no alerts and he's very accessible in the internals of the fort, and I've got tons of hauler types with recover wounded enabled.

What am I missing to get this guy to not end up dead as a doornail?

Update: Oh, he's going to die and his 11 family members in the fort are going to go nuts, including his wife.  I've just created another dump cycle and there are dwarves literally walking over the top of him and not helping.  Boggle.
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 422