Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 879692 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #4620 on: June 05, 2013, 10:11:52 am »

If the evil half is a reanimating biome, yes, things killed there will reanimate.  Not all evil biomes are reanimating though, and you'll just have to test it to find out.

Not sure about overlapping evil rain and mist.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: June 05, 2013, 03:48:16 pm »

you'll have the various rains and/or mists, but only in the evil part I think
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: June 05, 2013, 11:17:15 pm »

Can dragonfire kill husks?
Asking again... or actually I might just test it out in Arena, though I don't think you can spawn husks in Arena?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: June 06, 2013, 12:11:33 am »

Check this link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=115854.msg3577955#msg3577955.  That ought to let you test it.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: June 06, 2013, 01:46:35 am »

Check this link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=115854.msg3577955#msg3577955.  That ought to let you test it.
Where do I put the raw code in, though?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Lawlcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: June 06, 2013, 06:44:22 am »

Is there any way, through DFHack maybe, to set a job priority queue? So many times I've needed something built fast (a wall, a bed, a sword) and I sit and wait, wait, wait only to find the dwarf who's job it is "Storing item in stockpile".

I could just remove the store stockpile labor from them, but I WANT them to store things when there are no other jobs. I'd like to somehow set "Masonry jobs first, hauling second. Drop hauling right where it is if a masonry job comes up, someone else can come get it"

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: June 06, 2013, 09:08:17 am »

You might consider using burrows to focus dwarves on those top priorities.  Still that doesn't help you, they won't default to non-burrow jobs after the burrow ones are done.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: June 06, 2013, 11:40:04 am »

You cannot priotize, but for jobs that are not done in a timely manner I either add idlers to it, or remove hauling from the ones supposed to do it. I do the latter if I'd rather let a legendary do the job.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: June 06, 2013, 02:21:55 pm »

Where do I put the raw code in, though?

I think you can just paste it in a new file in your raws directory.  It doesn't need to be attached to any particular creature, and if you paste it in a new file the game recognizes it as a new interaction type of creature you can spawn in the arena.  I don't remember the exact combination of things you have to do when spawning them, but it's an option like zombies.

Swonnrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: June 06, 2013, 04:48:13 pm »

I have a setup like this:
. . . . .
.### . Where: . is a floor
.#D# .            # is a grate above a pit
.### .            D is an open space "death zone".
. . . . .
There is a roof above, emptiness below.

Anyone falling in the D zone is guaranteed to die, but this is not the goal here.
I'm looking for a way to keep the dwarves from falling in (they might get pushed in or dodge, so i can't just let it as is).
From what i understand of cave-in, a floor is impossible (no link above and grate doesn't support), but a wall will do.
But i'm looking for something more elegant.
The questions are the following:
-Will statues be supported by above?
-Can dwarves "cross" them like a chair, or do they act like a wall?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: June 06, 2013, 07:28:15 pm »

I have a setup like this:
. . . . .
.### . Where: . is a floor
.#D# .            # is a grate above a pit
.### .            D is an open space "death zone".
. . . . .
There is a roof above, emptiness below.

Anyone falling in the D zone is guaranteed to die, but this is not the goal here.
I'm looking for a way to keep the dwarves from falling in (they might get pushed in or dodge, so i can't just let it as is).
From what i understand of cave-in, a floor is impossible (no link above and grate doesn't support), but a wall will do.
But i'm looking for something more elegant.
The questions are the following:
-Will statues be supported by above?
-Can dwarves "cross" them like a chair, or do they act like a wall?

They act like a wall.
I think that statues need to be built on a floor, since they're furniture.

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: June 07, 2013, 03:25:14 am »

I'm currently planning an adventurers' dungeon and was wondering about a couple of things:

1.Is it possible to prevent (both hostile and friendly) creatures from scattering when abandoning a fortress, or to leave fortress mode in such a way that, when the area is reloaded, creatures remain in exactly the same position they were before you left the site? Edit:Preferably, a way that won't kill off pets, as using the workshop method in question 2 would require that the creatures be labelled as pets.

2.Is it possible to, via DFHack/modding/etc, spawn a desired creature, such as a dragon, or a creature with added abilities, such as a necromancer, in a similar manner to how it is done in arena mode? Or, if direct spawning is impossible, can I mod in a special workshop to transform other creatures, such as dogs and dwarfs, into the required creatures?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 05:19:43 am by Pie Maker »
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: June 07, 2013, 04:16:40 am »

iirc, you can set the area as a 'lair' which prevents item scattering, though units still wander around somewhat. As for the other question, no clue. If noone here knows, try the modding forum with regards to the workshop, I know several mods have interesting workshops added, or the dfhack thread there with your question regarding dfhack
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: June 07, 2013, 05:26:42 am »

You cannot spawn a creature directly, at least not for now. It is possible to bypass with a complex combination of detaching limbs, animating, transforming and resurrecting.

Otherwise you can add a rock that boil at room temperature and that give a syndrome. In this syndrome you can add an interaction that transform a dog/cat/whatever into the desired creature permanently. Add a workshop that let you produce said rock and you'll have what you need.

You should check the modding forum for this, there is plenty of mods for you to use as examples.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: June 07, 2013, 09:00:33 am »

good point. I think someone made a syndrome at some point that would transform everyone into dragonlings or something, so that is definately an option
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 422