Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 879889 times)

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #4320 on: April 15, 2013, 09:53:25 am »

the bridge is set to go up(w), so it becomes a wall, but no matter the size of it, it always ends like that, and no, i dont have a channel under it, its planned to be like a door.

And which way is the traffic? From your diagram, I had assumed left-right, because you've got walls along the top and bottom. In which case, you'd need a raise east or raise west bridge to block the corridor - raise up (north) will form a solid wall along the top wall, rather than blocking the corridor (that's if it is a left-right corridor). Lemme know if I've misunderstood...

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: April 15, 2013, 10:03:56 am »

the bridge is set to go up(w), so it becomes a wall, but no matter the size of it, it always ends like that, and no, i dont have a channel under it, its planned to be like a door.

And which way is the traffic? From your diagram, I had assumed left-right, because you've got walls along the top and bottom. In which case, you'd need a raise east or raise west bridge to block the corridor - raise up (north) will form a solid wall along the top wall, rather than blocking the corridor (that's if it is a left-right corridor). Lemme know if I've misunderstood...

yeah the tunnel goest from left to right, so, should i use (d) in this case? its complicated TBH, most tutorials i've seen are about retractible drawbridges.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: April 15, 2013, 11:24:13 am »

Some absolute dimwit managed to get run over by a minecart set to 'guide'. Crushed his hand.
Did the accident happen on a ramp?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

zzedar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: April 15, 2013, 11:50:41 am »

Is there any way to have a stockpile accept hair thread but not yarn thread, or vice versa?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:04:51 am by zzedar »
kingubu cancels Efficiency: Taken by mood
Project Whalegun is a go. Load the whale cannon!

zzedar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: April 15, 2013, 11:54:16 am »

yeah the tunnel goest from left to right, so, should i use (d) in this case? its complicated TBH, most tutorials i've seen are about retractible drawbridges.
Yeah, the labeling is kind of misleading. "Up" really means "north" here. So if the bridge is set to raise "w", it'll form a wall along its northern border; if it's set to raise "a", it'll form a wall along its western border... you get the idea.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: April 15, 2013, 12:30:53 pm »

the raising direction w isn't up as in up down as in the normal world, but "towards the part of the screen that is, for you, up" So if a tunnel goes from left to right, you need a bridge set with (a) or (d) to get the bridge to block the path when raised

Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: April 15, 2013, 01:03:15 pm »

the raising direction w isn't up as in up down as in the normal world, but "towards the part of the screen that is, for you, up" So if a tunnel goes from left to right, you need a bridge set with (a) or (d) to get the bridge to block the path when raised

i got it, thanx

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: April 15, 2013, 01:21:58 pm »

Can anyone tell me if wild animals claim Nest Boxes ?

I already asked that, but still were not able to definitely find out...

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: April 15, 2013, 01:24:02 pm »

I've never seen that behavior, and I've run several forts with poultry farms with lots of nest boxes for wild creatures to potentially try to claim.  If this used to be a bug, it was probably fixed a long time ago.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

zzedar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: April 15, 2013, 01:28:11 pm »

Wild animals won't claim nest boxes; however, if a tame female claims a nest box, I believe the eggs can be fertilized by a wild male.

Fantersam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: April 15, 2013, 01:50:35 pm »

I got legendary green zircon. how do I use it?

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: April 15, 2013, 02:07:23 pm »

Some absolute dimwit managed to get run over by a minecart set to 'guide'. Crushed his hand.
Did the accident happen on a ramp?

It may well have. The view centered around an area with a ramp, and the bloody smears were a short distance from one.

Could a strange mood have caused the cart to be released, crushing poor Urist mcDimwit?
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: April 15, 2013, 02:19:26 pm »

You got a perfect gem as an artifact? There is no practical use for it.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Fantersam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: April 15, 2013, 02:23:34 pm »

You got a perfect gem as an artifact? There is no practical use for it.

no but can i encrusted it somewhere? and I got multiple green zircons.. how can I make sure that the perfect one gets encrusted?

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: April 15, 2013, 02:33:11 pm »

@Fantersam :

You can't. Large Gems are considered Finished Goods like Mugs or toys and therefore can't be used to encrust anything. They are basically completely useless.
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 422