Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 879846 times)

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #3825 on: January 20, 2013, 04:33:10 pm »

If I buy wild strawberries from the elven caravan and brew them into strawberry wine, will i get strawberry seeds?

I'm assuming yes, but you just never know.

Yes, assuming you haven't already reached the seed cap for wild strawberries (ie. 200).

Crazy Horse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: January 20, 2013, 04:37:43 pm »

My dwarves have stolen thread from caravans for the hospital due to what is apparently a well-known bug. I've stopped them by removing hospital containers. Does this anger the caravan civilizations or are we cool?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: January 20, 2013, 04:40:58 pm »

My dwarves have stolen thread from caravans for the hospital due to what is apparently a well-known bug. I've stopped them by removing hospital containers. Does this anger the caravan civilizations or are we cool?
It angers them the same amount as if you had stolen them. Caravans simply care about 2 things, how much money they leave the map with vs. how much they came in with, and whether any of them died while on your map.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Crazy Horse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: January 20, 2013, 04:46:42 pm »

It angers them the same amount as if you had stolen them. Caravans simply care about 2 things, how much money they leave the map with vs. how much they came in with, and whether any of them died while on your map.

Oh, thanks. Judging by the amount of thread I have I'd say the Elven hordes are due any moment now. That's fun.. I guess.

Uggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: January 20, 2013, 04:58:04 pm »

How do I make a stockpile for thread from butchered animals, e.g. cows, horses, etc. (for hospital use only)?

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: January 20, 2013, 05:11:21 pm »

Do false dieties actually read the books they write during worldgen? ie Would a fake with the Death sphere that creates a book on the secrets of life and death become a necromancer?

Crazy Horse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: January 20, 2013, 05:40:27 pm »

Has anyone else seen that while browsing menus in-game random letters will disappear? Zooming in and out will restore letters for a short time. Also pressing F12 switches to a different font type without issues but it's quite hard on the eyes. Would be nice to find a way to view menus in default without letters vanishing. I'm using the Pheobus tileset from latest Lazy Newb Pack if that makes any difference.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: January 20, 2013, 05:58:51 pm »

Do false dieties actually read the books they write during worldgen? ie Would a fake with the Death sphere that creates a book on the secrets of life and death become a necromancer?
Deities are already immortal. Only mortals can become necromancers by reading the secrets of life and death.

Has anyone else seen that while browsing menus in-game random letters will disappear? Zooming in and out will restore letters for a short time. Also pressing F12 switches to a different font type without issues but it's quite hard on the eyes. Would be nice to find a way to view menus in default without letters vanishing. I'm using the Pheobus tileset from latest Lazy Newb Pack if that makes any difference.
If you use an ASCII tileset, the different font type is easy to read and has no missing letters. There's no better workaround for a graphical tileset, though.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: January 20, 2013, 06:11:30 pm »

yes, that makes a difference, I have no such problems with the vanilla version. I think F12 was truetype, which has its own issues
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Jeoris

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: January 21, 2013, 09:05:16 am »

I am having a bit of difficulty picking up items and attacking.
I remember playing DF a little while ago. I thought K was to attack.
I've pressed every key on my keyboard and nothing gives me the option to attack like it did the way I remember.
What I remember is, you press a button, move the cursor over a target, press enter and then select some more specific actions.

for now, I'm just bumping into my enemies.

I'm in adventure mode ( I love this one most ) and I'm using lazy pack and in the LazyNewbPack folder it says my version is 0.34.

here is ne example.
I am told that "Q" gives me a quest log.
I just killed some bandit peasent that I learned about. but even now I can't press Q to bring up any kind of display. nothing changes.
--------EDIT----------
what in the world jus happened? oh wait. is this what capslock does? Q works now?
OK, capslock changes things, but I still can't figure out how to do much beyond that.
I'm looking at this dude's corpse trying to figure out how I can pick it up because I went back to the towns people and brought up the mission again and they didn't realize I killed this dude, so I guess I gotta drag his body back with me. I'd also like to figure out how to pick up all this loot too.
I've googled this issue. everything is saying press [k] to kill. but that ... simply doesn't work
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:23:11 am by Jeoris »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: January 21, 2013, 01:17:22 pm »

To pick something off the ground is [g]. To attack is [A].
Look here for a list of what all keys do.

Avengor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: January 21, 2013, 02:45:44 pm »

I'm trying to start up my textiles industry, and I'm growing Pig tails. However, I suspect they're getting turned into beer before they can be turned into thread. How can I tell my dwarves not to use pig tails for brewing?
Future quotes go here.

Foxhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: January 21, 2013, 02:56:07 pm »

I'm about halfway through the quickstart guide. What do I do when somebody goes crazy and starts killing dwarves?

Auroness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: January 21, 2013, 02:59:06 pm »

I just started a new fortress, with no mods, and after digging my entrance hall (about 30 tiles worth) I noticed a young Fungiwood  tree had sprouted in my hallway. It has me a little worried that I'll have to deal with *fun* things before I am ready for them. Is this a bug, or is there some opening to a cavern I can't find?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: January 21, 2013, 03:08:47 pm »

I just started a new fortress, with no mods, and after digging my entrance hall (about 30 tiles worth) I noticed a young Fungiwood  tree had sprouted in my hallway. It has me a little worried that I'll have to deal with *fun* things before I am ready for them. Is this a bug, or is there some opening to a cavern I can't find?
Both. Most likely it's a bug that has created an opening to the caverns.

I'm about halfway through the quickstart guide. What do I do when somebody goes crazy and starts killing dwarves?
Preferably you should stop them from going on a rampage before they actually go on one, either by keeping them happy or by locking them in their room.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 422