Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 879813 times)

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #3600 on: December 20, 2012, 10:07:16 am »

The meat will not rot if it's in a food stockpile. Some stacks are too big to fit in barrels or pots (pots have a bigger capacity).

About the moody dwarfs, did they collect any building materials?
There is the "showmood" command in DFhack that will tell you what they need. I'm not aware of a bug with saving during moods.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: December 20, 2012, 01:27:32 pm »

So i am wondering if it is normal they do die so often ? Did i miss something important ?  Is there a bug when having a dwarf in strange mood, saving game, reloading game later and mood disapear but dwarf remain stuck ?
I don't know of any bug like this, but I suppose it's possible.

Is there a menu somewhere who display what is the dwarf needs about his strange mood ? Because when i go in unit list and select him (my current stuck dwarf) it show nothing special, and viewcrew  doesn't talk about it, he is just miserable.
When the dwarf claims a workshop, [q] over that workshop to see him list what he needs. You can then [t] over it to see what he has already gathered.

i have a lot of meat who are lying on the floor in my large food stockpile, wondering if they can rotten there? i have a ton of empty barrels in my furniture stockpile, why dwarfs don't take more barrels to food stockpile ? (food stockpile is set to max barrels and furnitures are set on 0 barrel)
It is only "Wren" meats who are on the floor, it's a bug maybe ? wren meat might don't belong to barrels storage like other meats?
Food doesn't rot when in a stockpile. Having meat in barrels does nothing to prevent rot, as far as I know.

PuLP

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: December 20, 2012, 01:57:36 pm »

I see, next time a strange mood happen i will remember about checking workshop and what he gathered, i probably did not have all the materials required if sometimes they have special needs.
I also installed DFHack and tried strange mood, seems to work, unfortunatly shows my dwarf don't have any strange mood actually so it's probably too late for him.

The meat stacks are all 16 or 17, don't know the barrels capacity but might be 15 or less i guess :) glad to know food won't rot

Thanks i guess now i should be able to get more artifacts and less fun

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: December 21, 2012, 04:28:28 am »

If a dwarf-sized race is created that lives in human-style towns, will they operate shops?

Will those shops sell dwarf-sized equipment?
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: December 21, 2012, 05:22:29 am »

They will be shopkeepers, but they will sell human-sized stuff.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: December 21, 2012, 05:58:44 am »

Is it worth training my military in hand-to-hand while I make weapons for them? Or are the skills non-transferable?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: December 21, 2012, 08:22:26 am »

Is it worth training my military in hand-to-hand while I make weapons for them? Or are the skills non-transferable?

IMO, time spent in Wrestling is never wasted.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: December 21, 2012, 08:37:49 am »

IMO, time spent in Wrestling is never wasted.

They will also train other combat skills like Fighting, so that's good. They will just not train a weapon skill, but everything else is useful too.

Ploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: December 21, 2012, 12:10:58 pm »

Are ballistas worthwhile?

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: December 21, 2012, 12:29:36 pm »

Are ballistas worthwhile?
Depends on what you want to do with them and if you handle them right. People tend to forget that siege operators are civilians and will flee, you have to set up your siege engines accordingly. Best check the wiki about siege engines.

Ziploxx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: December 21, 2012, 03:33:55 pm »

I'm starting to get around the 65 dwarf mark and wondering if I should let my Recruits dabble in other things or turn off all of their other skills. Does it make a dwarf unhappy to just train and protect battlements back and forth without having other things that it does? 

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: December 21, 2012, 03:47:45 pm »

I'm starting to get around the 65 dwarf mark and wondering if I should let my Recruits dabble in other things or turn off all of their other skills. Does it make a dwarf unhappy to just train and protect battlements back and forth without having other things that it does?
A military dwarf who goes back to civilian mode will get a bad thought if it has no civilian skills above dabbling.
Dwarves will also get bad thoughts for being in militia mode for an extended period of time, but these are unavoidable and very minor; don't worry about them.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: December 21, 2012, 04:40:33 pm »

I just got a strange message in the announcements.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: December 21, 2012, 04:43:24 pm »

If there is a forgotten beast in the caverns fighting with some of the locals (animal people usually) you'll get anouncements like this
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: December 21, 2012, 05:08:32 pm »

There are five deceased of the things in my units list. 
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 422