Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 879922 times)

bigbru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #3525 on: December 13, 2012, 02:45:54 am »

I fixed the problem finally, i had a fisherman with only his mechanic activated but he was doing nothing so i activated mechanic to my mason and he reloaded immediatly the traps. Why ?

Second thing about dumping, i want to dump rough stuff (red spinel, citrine, ect...), my dwarf dumped the citrine in my meeting hall immediatly but i have citrine waiting to be dumped in another room and no dwarf are dumping it. Why ?

In the same room with my citrine dumping problem i have a dwarfWorkshop wich is suspended without any reason, i think there is a problem with this room but i don't know why. I verified and the door is open. See image below about this room.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 02:53:02 am by bigbru »

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: December 13, 2012, 03:02:48 am »

I fixed the problem finally, i had a fisherman with only his mechanic activated but he was doing nothing so i activated mechanic to my mason and he reloaded immediatly the traps. Why ?

Second thing about dumping, i want to dump rough stuff (red spinel, citrine, ect...), my dwarf dumped the citrine in my meeting hall immediatly but i have citrine waiting to be dumped in another room and no dwarf are dumping it. Why ?

In the same room with my citrine dumping problem i have a dwarfWorkshop wich is suspended without any reason, i think there is a problem with this room but i don't know why. I verified and the door is open. See image below about this room.

You need an idle mechanic to reload the traps, also it can take a while before a dwarf starts a task.

Why are you dumping gems? You could just make a gem stockpile.

Check announcements for "cancels Construct Building: Item blocking site". Looks like the gems are in the way.

bigbru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: December 13, 2012, 03:40:51 am »

So i placed a gem stockpile but my dwarf still doesn't move the gems from this room. I don't know what to do.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: December 13, 2012, 03:43:36 am »

So i placed a gem stockpile but my dwarf still doesn't move the gems from this room. I don't know what to do.

Hm. Do you have a wheelbarrow assigned to the stockpile? Are there enough idle dwarfs ("No Job", not "On Break" or something)?

bigbru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: December 13, 2012, 03:47:52 am »

Hm. Do you have a wheelbarrow assigned to the stockpile? Are there enough idle dwarfs ("No Job", not "On Break" or something)?

I have more than 10 dwarfs idling et the stockpile is fine.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: December 13, 2012, 04:04:01 am »

Are the gems still marked for dumping? Because in that case they won't get hauled to the stockpile.

bigbru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: December 13, 2012, 04:24:32 am »

I found it ! There were braces around the gems's name so i used the command "claim" on them and my dwarfs did their job.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: December 13, 2012, 04:28:31 am »

I found it ! There were braces around the gems's name so i used the command "claim" on them and my dwarfs did their job.

Ah, sure, if something has been dumped it is {forbidden}. By the way you can also mass-designate using d-b and then c for claim, d for dump and so on instead of using k on everything.

LionsLinden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: December 13, 2012, 01:00:35 pm »

So my High Master Fisherdwarf recently got attacked by an Ogress. The results were a broken skull, knee and shoulder, oh and she lost her left hand. Now after my doctor treated her and according to her health screen she's fine (those three parts are still listed as fractured though) this fisherdwarf tried to go, uh ... fish again. Problem now is she's sitting at the river and spamming "bla bla cancels Fish: Too injured" reports. What the hell? I thought she was okay to fish now, or do dwarfs need both hands for fishing?

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: December 13, 2012, 01:07:57 pm »

What the hell? I thought she was okay to fish now, or do dwarfs need both hands for fishing?

No, one hand should be fine. My hunters never seemed to need more than one. But dwarfs sometimes don't really know when to rest, so maybe disable fishing on her until the fractures are healed. Also if her shoulder is still fractured and her "ability to grasp is impaired" she probably cannot use her remaining hand.

LionsLinden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: December 13, 2012, 01:13:23 pm »

What the hell? I thought she was okay to fish now, or do dwarfs need both hands for fishing?

No, one hand should be fine. My hunters never seemed to need more than one. But dwarfs sometimes don't really know when to rest, so maybe disable fishing on her until the fractures are healed. Also if her shoulder is still fractured and her "ability to grasp is impaired" she probably cannot use her remaining hand.

Ah, thank you, always read it like the broken shoulder and the hand that was gone were both left but apparently she lost her one hand and broke the other shoulder. And yes, her ability to grasp is somehwat impaired, problem is I thought that was caused by her missing hand. Cheers.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: December 13, 2012, 01:29:21 pm »

Are you sure it's G~ and not Gx? Breaking a shoulder should disable grasping on that side, and losing the hand certainly will on that side.

Edit: oh wait, I came here to ask something...

Do undead die of old age? I have some GCS chitin in a cage, and if it's going to be a permanent feature I can put off building the silk farm for a while.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 01:46:46 pm by Sutremaine »
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: December 13, 2012, 05:43:36 pm »

Undead have NO_AGING.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: December 13, 2012, 06:04:09 pm »

Is it possible to command dwarves to rest? My hunter was attacked by a pack of zombie animals, then rescued by military... And instantly after the last of zombies dying, he was like "zero f**ks given" and (heavily injured) walked away to continue hunting. Dafuq? I know, food is important, but he is DYING...
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: December 13, 2012, 06:46:28 pm »

The only way to force a dwarf to rest is to keep injuring them until they decide to do it themselves.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 422