Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 881894 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #3480 on: December 10, 2012, 04:19:21 pm »

No amount of indirectly killing your own caravan will have any effect, as far as I know.  It may influence the amount they bring next year, but I'm not sure if that applies to your own caravan.

The only thing to worry about here is kill ordering members of the caravan if they aren't insane.  That is what triggers loyalty cascades.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: December 10, 2012, 05:18:09 pm »

If liason doesn't finish his meeting with the mayor, and leave shortly there after, the next caravan will junk, instead of the items requested during the meeting.  Samething occurs when the stymied message appears.  Next years migrants maybe be smaller, also.  I know guys sometimes do a DFhack command /tweak makeown while targeting the liason, to stop mountainhome migrations, from lagging them down.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: December 10, 2012, 05:45:12 pm »

The only thing to worry about here is kill ordering members of the caravan if they aren't insane.  That is what triggers loyalty cascades.
Note. The only type of insanity that you are allowed to attack is those who have gone berserk. Attempting to attack someone who is stark raving mad or melancholy will result in a loyalty cascade.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: December 11, 2012, 10:06:33 am »

Since Toady moved the Stock list flags(D, F, M)(Dump,Forbid,Melt) to the other handside or column of the tabbed items, has there been a bug, in there? 

Just curious, because I could swear these tabbed items have a D and F on them, yet when I close the tabbed(expanded view) to their untabbed state, the D and F, that was there in tabbed view does not appear in untabbed view.  *scratchhead*  Have I been drinking again?

No mods, cept DFhack and none of those are on.  ASCII.  So I dunno. *shrug*  Looks a bit like a bug.  Sincerely, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: December 11, 2012, 10:10:33 am »

I've noticed that with some things. Forgotten beast fat is the only thing that's coming to mind right now.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: December 11, 2012, 10:17:46 am »

Great, ty.  Thought my roomie spiked my lemonade again. 

I find myself constantly looking in the stock list, because of this msg. 
Cannot find melt object.  Canceling melt job.
But I've got a bunch of things scheduled for melting, or atleast with an M on them in the untabbed(limited detail) and tabbed(detailed) view.  Wierd.  Wonder why the dorf is spewing this msg at me. 

Sometimes I think these Dorfs must have some booze spilled in their eyes.  *shrug*

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: December 11, 2012, 10:22:53 am »

Hmm, that's not an issue I've been having. I think that's unrelated to the dump/melt display issue. Are the items to be melted accessible? Sometime I order a mass-melting from the stocks screen and include stuff stuck up a tree or in a pond...
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: December 11, 2012, 11:21:16 am »

I often get that message if I'm trying to melt things from the stocks screen that I forgot to confiscate from my caged prisoners, if that helps...

Ploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: December 11, 2012, 01:37:14 pm »

What's the best way to capture a goblin/kobold thief alive?

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: December 11, 2012, 01:49:23 pm »

How do I train animals? I can't figure it out.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: December 11, 2012, 01:49:49 pm »

What's the best way to capture a goblin/kobold thief alive?

Probably the easiest way is a long airlock trap.
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

Ploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: December 11, 2012, 01:50:42 pm »

How does such a trap function?

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: December 11, 2012, 01:52:52 pm »

I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: December 11, 2012, 01:54:56 pm »

How does such a trap function?

Basically you build a long hall with a bridge at each end and a spotter animal in the middle.  When the thief is spotted, pull a lever that closes both bridges.

Ploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: December 11, 2012, 02:02:14 pm »

And then how do I get him into a cage?
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 422