Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 881696 times)

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #3345 on: November 11, 2012, 02:01:50 pm »

Maybe a hospital activity zone, or another activity zone over the table?  Quality and materials, could the dorf like that other table better because of its material?

Q:  Can I assign Hunters and Miners to squads, aslong as I choose 'No Uniform' and reframe from adjusting the 'No Uniform' settings with a W-weapon?  I want to try and advance Leadership on a few military captains that have a high Teacher ability.  I also want them to carry their own liquid refreshment, green vial.  So they spend more time ON TASK.  Working on clearing remote cavern areas.  Anyone know?
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: November 11, 2012, 02:09:29 pm »

Maybe a hospital activity zone, or another activity zone over the table?  Quality and materials, could the dorf like that other table better because of its material?

Q:  Can I assign Hunters and Miners to squads, aslong as I choose 'No Uniform' and reframe from adjusting the 'No Uniform' settings with a W-weapon?  I want to try and advance Leadership on a few military captains that have a high Teacher ability.  I also want them to carry their own liquid refreshment, green vial.  So they spend more time ON TASK.  Working on clearing remote cavern areas.  Anyone know?

Actually was trying to make it work with woodcutter earlier as an test in 34.09, nothing about military uniform works unless you turns off their cutting/digging/hunting job. At least I couldn't get it to work, personally, I've seen a few players say that they manage to make it work including armor while actively working.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: November 11, 2012, 11:24:13 pm »

Yup.  So far I have 2 'No Uniform' 10 dorf squads for miners and hunters.  No adjustments other than turning off orders, 'training' to 'no scheduled'. 

I believe its working with the miners, but the backpack they all grab, might be conflicting with the hunter's quiver.  Still testing hunters, its a little tricky for me to isolate and test hunters, because all my hunters double as fisherman, weavers, butchers, and wood haulers.  I do this to limit footfalls outside the fortress walls.

All 20 dorfs have now grabbed a glass vial and a backpack.  Still monitoring, will know for sure in a day or so..  I'm kind of hoping the hunter squad doesn't work, so I can finally catch up on butchering, all three of those workstations have got a CLT flag on it.

This leads me to think, or believe there is a backlog.  Craftdwarf workstation has too many tasks in it.  Its a potporri of things.  Extract metal needs to be moved elsewhere...  So does the leather and cloth crafts and all the fletching stuff, bone bolts, and wood bolts.  All this needs to come out of the hobby workstation, and go to their own stations, bowyer, leather, clothing, etc.. 

Crafting backlogs here, at the craftdwarf workstations, all the time.  No matter how many I have.  This fortress of 162 dorfs, has 9 craftdwarf workstations and its not enough, to ebb the tide.  Sincerely, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: November 12, 2012, 01:42:19 am »

If you try putting miners/woodcutters/hunters in the military you should set them to not carry rations.
There is a bug that causes military dwarves with these labors to claim large amounts of food (at least there was in earlier versions; not sure if it's been fixed).

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: November 12, 2012, 03:37:33 am »

If you try putting miners/woodcutters/hunters in the military you should set them to not carry rations.
There is a bug that causes military dwarves with these labors to claim large amounts of food (at least there was in earlier versions; not sure if it's been fixed).

It's probably fixed, I've never had problem in 34.09, even with everyone I can use in squads and carrying food and drink ( I runs civilian militia for most part ). I know it was pretty big issue in 31.18 that I used to play in ( food everywhere and having to disable carrying ), so it was probably fixed sometimes in between.

Captain Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: November 12, 2012, 02:22:47 pm »

I just got a migrant Trader and he's hanging out by the map edge, just sort of wandering around. I've heard some stuff about this bug but I'm not really sure what the deal is. I've heard something about vampires. Is he a vampire? Should I wall him up? Should I wall him up just to be xenophobic and dwarfy? Will he ever come inside and be a part of the family? Is there a simple fix? He's not showing up in Dwarf Therapist either.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: November 12, 2012, 02:26:44 pm »

I just got a migrant Trader and he's hanging out by the map edge, just sort of wandering around. I've heard some stuff about this bug but I'm not really sure what the deal is. I've heard something about vampires. Is he a vampire? Should I wall him up? Should I wall him up just to be xenophobic and dwarfy? Will he ever come inside and be a part of the family? Is there a simple fix? He's not showing up in Dwarf Therapist either.

I usually ignore them, I've seen others say that it's former traders that decided to try to migrant to the fortress and got bugged out. Not a vampire for sure :D

They seems to go away every time caravans goes, I believe DFHack can fix it ( and I have seen others use it ) but I don't know the commands.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: November 12, 2012, 02:56:03 pm »

tweak fixmigrant

They're not necessarily former merchants, they're just migrants whose highest skill is appraiser.

Captain Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: November 12, 2012, 03:01:52 pm »

Yes, DF Hack fixed it. Thanks guys. I almost did something... regrettable.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: November 12, 2012, 10:37:47 pm »

Will a M flag(melt) still function, when an (item) is Dumped and then Unforbid, like with DFHack's Autodump?  Or must the M flag be reissued on each and every item, which was Dumped and then Unforbid?  Just curious, because these dorfs are getting a large backup in melt jobs, in this particular fortress.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: November 12, 2012, 11:23:21 pm »

I think dump overwrites the melt flag. You can however mass designate melting if you autodumped everything on one tile. I autodump, d-b-c to unforbid, d-b-m to melt everything that is meltable.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: November 13, 2012, 01:04:39 am »

Oh, thats a good method.  I'll give it a try.  I was doing things one at a time in that tabbed stock list.

Some results to a previous question about the hunters in squads.  It is simply a no go.  They won't perform 'hunt' in a no supply, no uniform, inactive squads.  Oh well.

I'm guessing its the quivers, and AI that's goofing um up.  Like making them citizens in a sweeping top side burrow, goofs um up.  It must break their search and destroy script.  I'd love to keep some hunters isolated in lower level burrows, in the caverns, on Hunt alone, to strike down Crundles.

The miners are working fine within, a no supply or supply, no uniform, inactive or active, squad.  Gonna leave um in the squad, to see if their Captain's stat improves.

Haven't tried the woodcutters. 

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: November 13, 2012, 01:09:41 am »

what work can a dwarf with no arms do?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: November 13, 2012, 01:32:24 am »

Engraving springs directly to mind.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: November 13, 2012, 08:18:33 am »

I think they can still serve as military trainers.  Just don't assign them weapons and I don't think you have to worry about cancellation spam.  I don't know if they'll still give weapon demonstrations this way (probably not), but should still be able to spar and will teach things like dodging.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 422