Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 881611 times)

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #3270 on: October 24, 2012, 09:18:33 pm »

@Adventurer,

Dorfs with high Dutifulness and low Immoderation do well as Brokers. 

Be sure to clear all their hauling and job sets.  Except for maybe, Architect. 

Immoderation - how long a break to eat or drink they take.  Not how often, that's Activity Level.
Dutifulness - how long they work their active noble tasks, before taking a break.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:20:19 pm by knutor »
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: October 24, 2012, 09:56:18 pm »

You mean he didn't ever show up to trade because of eating, drinking, sleeping and breaks?  Nope, that's not unusual.  Frustrating, I know.

If he continues to be annoying about it, you can try assigning a different dwarf with a different personality, although I can't recall what specifically affects this.  "Does the first thing that comes to mind," I think is the one you're looking for.

In an emergency, you can just toggle the depot to accept any dwarf for trading.  You won't get as good of a deal, but at least you'll still get to trade.

@Adventurer,

Dorfs with high Dutifulness and low Immoderation do well as Brokers. 

Be sure to clear all their hauling and job sets.  Except for maybe, Architect. 

Immoderation - how long a break to eat or drink they take.  Not how often, that's Activity Level.
Dutifulness - how long they work their active noble tasks, before taking a break.

Thanks ill look for the trait

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: October 25, 2012, 02:04:30 pm »

Q: Are xwheelbarrelsx, the wooden ones, decaying when assigned to Stockpiles flagged for Refuse uses? [34.11]
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: October 25, 2012, 02:33:43 pm »

Everything you put in a refuse stockpile will decay.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: October 27, 2012, 05:25:08 pm »

I have disabled all the hauling tasks for my chief medical dwarf, but he is happily carrying a bin around collecting stuff (with the "Store Item in Bin" job listed) while my legendary marksdwarfs bleed to death.  Any thoughts?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: October 27, 2012, 05:57:45 pm »

I have disabled all the hauling tasks for my chief medical dwarf, but he is happily carrying a bin around collecting stuff (with the "Store Item in Bin" job listed) while my legendary marksdwarfs bleed to death.  Any thoughts?

He won't stop in the middle of the job; he'll only stop hauling after the job is completed.
Also, and dwarf with diagnosis active can diagnose an injured dwarf, the CBD just matters for the z-Health screen.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: October 28, 2012, 12:59:38 am »

What Fuzzy said, plus paint a Hospital activity zone with a table. They suture on tables.  Don't assign it for dining and meetings.  The table just needs to be built in the zone, that's all.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: October 28, 2012, 09:32:55 am »

They perform surgery on tables, not suturing.

To expand on this a bit: they'll perform suturing wherever the patient is.  Usually the patient will be resting in a bed, so that's where most of the suturing will happen.  But if the suturing job is performed right after a surgery, the patient may still be on the operating table.  So, you could sometimes see suturing take place on a table, but that's not the norm.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 09:58:25 am by greycat »
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: October 28, 2012, 01:35:51 pm »

Although they will perform surgery quite happily without a table, just using the bed instead. I don't know if this affects speed or anything else, but my last fort's hospital had no tables and a 100% treatment rate.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: October 28, 2012, 04:56:35 pm »

He won't stop in the middle of the job; he'll only stop hauling after the job is completed.
Also, and dwarf with diagnosis active can diagnose an injured dwarf, the CBD just matters for the z-Health screen.

He's had hauling disabled right from the start - he definitely started carrying that bin when his hauling was disabled. 

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: October 28, 2012, 06:51:22 pm »

Is he maybe filling a bag in the hospital, with supplies.  Did he take the entire bin, instead of one thread, to put in a hospital bag.  I don't think a specific hauling is required to stockpile a hospital bag.  But I don't know. 

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: October 28, 2012, 07:53:08 pm »

My dwarf "was worried not to have adequate protection lately". Why?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: October 28, 2012, 08:17:07 pm »

Something to do with the fortress guard or the royal guard, I think.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: October 28, 2012, 09:20:40 pm »

I'm surprised to learn that thought is still in the game.  I thought that was from a very old version where things like the tax collector were in game.  All of my knowledge of such affairs comes from the wiki, mind you.

In any case, my guess would be that it is due to a lack of fortress guard, since there are no other appointable noble guards in the current version at least.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: October 29, 2012, 12:30:17 am »

Something to do with the fortress guard or the royal guard, I think.
Starting up a guard has done no good; they still have the thought a year later. Confusing.

Doesn't seem to be a strong thought, though.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 422