Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 880955 times)

Millyrainbow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #2880 on: August 16, 2012, 05:00:42 pm »

I have over 100 coke bars, but when i go to the stocks menu and view it, it says its still in the smelter, and because of this, i believe that it isnt reading my coke bars as actually there, and thus refuses to let me craft metal weapons and such.
You could say that it takes time to cook because it takes time for the dwarf to do the job, but once the bars of coke are produced they're ready for use.

1. Do you have a stockpile for coke? If you don't, or it's full, the bars of coke will remain in the smelter building.
2. Are your forges set to take from specific metal stockpiles? When you set a stockpile to give to a workshop, the workshop will start taking only from stockpiles that have been linked to it.
3. What cancellation message do you get if you assign a forging job via the manager?

I actually found what was wrong xD I botched up the hauling 'give/take' and it wouldnt do what i wanted it to xD
However, my stockpiles will still not take the coke, yet ive specifically set it to take 'Coal' under Bars, just like the wiki states : O

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: August 16, 2012, 05:30:40 pm »

Is the stockpile set to take from anywhere, or from links only? If the latter, has the stockpile been linked to the smelter?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Millyrainbow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: August 16, 2012, 06:20:27 pm »

i took out all of the stockpile give/takes last night, which is what made the coal be noticed finally. The only stock piles that are supposed to take bars are the ones next to my smelter, and forge, and its not taking the coal at all. Its like theres something more to the fuel than the wiki states.

Right now my stockpile thats supposed to be getting the coke is set up with all metal ores, all flux stones, all metal bars, and coal under Other Materials. everything else is grayed out. There is no give/take anymore on any of my stockpiles (which is why my forge didnt see the coke)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: August 16, 2012, 07:05:07 pm »

My coke stockpile is working fine with it taking only bars of coal, so the settings shouldn't be a problem.

Are the bars forbidden for some reason? What happens if you make a new stockpile that only accepts bars of coal? Are the ores, flux, and metal bars being taken to the stockpile correctly?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Millyrainbow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: August 16, 2012, 07:21:19 pm »

Actually no O..O most of my stockpiles on that floor arent even working now that i think about it. Im going to try deleting them, and moving the stock piles then, and see if that works.
And the coke isnt forbidden.

Edit: doesnt look like it. I think my game may be bugged. Im going to try a few more things with those stock piles.
Even the ores that are designated to be moved, arent moving. instead they just walk all the way down to them, just to use them. No hauling at all D:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 07:42:19 pm by Millyrainbow »

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: August 16, 2012, 09:13:14 pm »

Question:  I put a Cabinet down.  Set flag on the Cabinet to q - squad equipment.  Now, all of a sudden, because of that turned on flag, a p appears in the menu.  Must that be set as well?  Looks like it has P1-P0 options for the troopers.  If I don't pick one, will it default to being used by them all?

I am just attempting to control where the squads, as a whole unit, drops their goodies in between training/inactivations toggles.  Hoping I don't have to make a Cabinet for all 10 of these troops.  Right now they toss them down, someone picks them up, then carries them and bin outside the fort, and drops bin to fish..  Leaving my armor outside the walls.  DOH!  Thanks, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: August 16, 2012, 09:26:48 pm »

Question:  I put a Cabinet down.  Set flag on the Cabinet to q - squad equipment.  Now, all of a sudden, because of that turned on flag, a p appears in the menu.  Must that be set as well?  Looks like it has P1-P0 options for the troopers.  If I don't pick one, will it default to being used by them all?

I am just attempting to control where the squads, as a whole unit, drops their goodies in between training/inactivations toggles.  Hoping I don't have to make a Cabinet for all 10 of these troops.  Right now they toss them down, someone picks them up, then carries them and bin outside the fort, and drops bin to fish..  Leaving my armor outside the walls.  DOH!  Thanks, Knutor
I believe that, yes, if you don't select one then it will be useable by all of them.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: August 17, 2012, 12:09:01 am »

I recently tried an experiment using quantum stockpiling with I think it's called undump, I got a lot of stuff (particularly food) just being left around and a lot being dropped on the pressure plate as well.  What am I doing wrong?

Also, is there a way to get dwarves to dump refuse into a hole that drops into a atom smasher?
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: August 17, 2012, 02:11:25 am »

Not sure what went wrong, but now days it's much easier to quantum stockpile with minecart dumps then with complex pressure plate hatch logic combinations.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: August 17, 2012, 03:19:48 am »

minecarts are one thing I haven't been game to try, yet. 
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: August 17, 2012, 08:26:24 am »

Actually no O..O most of my stockpiles on that floor arent even working now that i think about it. Im going to try deleting them, and moving the stock piles then, and see if that works.
And the coke isnt forbidden.

Edit: doesnt look like it. I think my game may be bugged. Im going to try a few more things with those stock piles.
Even the ores that are designated to be moved, arent moving. instead they just walk all the way down to them, just to use them. No hauling at all D:

Did you possibly accidentally turn off some of the hauling options in the (o)rders screen?

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #2891 on: August 17, 2012, 10:47:15 am »

Do animals improve their stats or skills?

For example can I make my war beasts more lethal by feeding them prisoners, or packing them so tight they fight among themselves?
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: August 17, 2012, 11:02:28 am »

don't think so
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: August 17, 2012, 02:10:47 pm »

Do animals improve their stats or skills?

For example can I make my war beasts more lethal by feeding them prisoners, or packing them so tight they fight among themselves?
Only if you mod them with the [CAN_LEARN] token.

Xheia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: August 17, 2012, 09:07:24 pm »

Liquids don't fall through floors right?
Is the damp/hot stone underneath a pool/reservoir/magma sea actually safe to dig?

Edit: Also, how lethal are infections from stagnant water? That is, how long does the dwarf usually live? I currently just use a stagnant water well, because I don't care for pumps and other waterworks.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 09:28:27 pm by Xheia »
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 422