Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 881002 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #2655 on: July 17, 2012, 09:51:06 am »

One of my derps went berserk in jail, in the middle of my dining room. At least 5 soldiers see him, but none attack, nor does he even as people move on the tile next to him, where he could reach. I just find it odd.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: July 17, 2012, 09:55:24 am »

just wait till he gets released, if he lives that long :D
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: July 17, 2012, 11:48:43 am »

One of my derps went berserk in jail, in the middle of my dining room. At least 5 soldiers see him, but none attack, nor does he even as people move on the tile next to him, where he could reach. I just find it odd.
Maybe restrained creatures don't get seen as hostile? There was a thread with a silk farm with a chained goblin that wasn't working, and it was solved when the goblin was pitted instead.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: July 17, 2012, 06:43:46 pm »

Doesn't look there is a way to filter food stockpiles by overall quality.  I'm trying to pile up low quality food by the Kennel.  Does anyone know if vermin Tamers take the good stuff, or the low quality stuff, to tame vermin?  Thanks, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: July 17, 2012, 07:09:20 pm »

For animal traps they use meat or fish. From what I've seen they use meat also for taming animals, probably meat for carnivores and plants for herbivores. So far I have not seen any legendary roast used in training, so I guess you don't have to worry about that.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: July 17, 2012, 07:29:32 pm »

Great!  I won't worry bout that.  TYVM, Socks.  Its easy for me to get confused. 

Got another one.  My militia commander is holding onto a -yak waterskin- when I have about 20 ≡sterling silver flasks≡.  Will he ever upgrade or must I boot him from militia to get him to re-equip to better stuff?  This could cause problems, since he is a legless elite now, I suppose.  He doesn't do civilian tasks.  Not sure how to go about this.  Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: July 17, 2012, 07:50:13 pm »

You could try to forbid the waterskin or mark it for dumping in his inventory. This should cause him to drop it if he tries to drink/refill.
Otherwise setting his squad to inactive for a while might also work if you don't want to release him from the military. If the squad is inactive he should store his equipment in a stockpile.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: July 17, 2012, 08:13:35 pm »

What is causing dwarves to never pick up equipment? A small but annoying minority of dwarves ignore the dozens of surplus full sets of copper armor, and refuse to wear 90% of their assigned uniform. They do equip peaces, a cloak here, a crossbow there, they aren't activated miners or hunters or woodcutters and nothing is forbidden... what's going on?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: July 17, 2012, 08:29:16 pm »

Equipping can be erratic. Setting the squad to active and giving orders usually works for me. Just station them for a while, then cancel orders.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: July 17, 2012, 08:53:25 pm »

As was explained in the previous post, under the (S)quad menu,give them a move order to a safe spot, wait till they equip, then cancel the order. If they still are not equipping, set uniform to Replace Clothing in military menu
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: July 18, 2012, 06:46:51 am »

As was explained in the previous post, under the (S)quad menu,give them a move order to a safe spot, wait till they equip, then cancel the order. If they still are not equipping, set uniform to Replace Clothing in military menu

It was replace clothing by default, as the idea was to reduce the need for a clothing industry and the number of xrope reed sockx to track.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: July 18, 2012, 08:01:31 am »

Great!  I won't worry bout that.  TYVM, Socks.  Its easy for me to get confused. 

Got another one.  My militia commander is holding onto a -yak waterskin- when I have about 20 ≡sterling silver flasks≡.  Will he ever upgrade or must I boot him from militia to get him to re-equip to better stuff?  This could cause problems, since he is a legless elite now, I suppose.  He doesn't do civilian tasks.  Not sure how to go about this.  Knutor

since there is no functional difference between a waterskin and a flask, except one being fireproof, there is no "upgrade". Similarly, militia doesn't care which backpack or quiver they grab, the nearest one will do
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Sphinx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: July 19, 2012, 03:59:45 am »

I would like to make two staircases one for the way down and one for the way up. It seems that if i use only down and up stairs it doesn't work.
How can i achieve this?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: July 19, 2012, 04:31:34 am »

One-way routes aren't in the game. That would mess up the pathfinding.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Sphinx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: July 19, 2012, 07:28:27 am »

One-way routes aren't in the game. That would mess up the pathfinding.
ok thanks
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 422