Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 881410 times)

Ploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #2070 on: June 06, 2012, 06:26:11 pm »

What's the simplest way to see to it that your brewer makes different kinds of booze? I have numerous brewable plants in my food stockpiles, but all of my dwarves are consistently having the "sick of drinking the same old booze" thought.

Yovatsap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: June 06, 2012, 06:27:45 pm »

What's the simplest way to see to it that your brewer makes different kinds of booze? I have numerous brewable plants in my food stockpiles, but all of my dwarves are consistently having the "sick of drinking the same old booze" thought.
press z, find the stocks tab, find drinks. If you have an extremely large amount of a certain drink, press z and disable brewing for that plant in the Kitchen tab.

And by the way: Disable cooking for plants which make good-value drinks, such as sun berries->sunshine. You can also disable cooking if you have other sources of food and/or have a low amount of a certain plant.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 06:29:38 pm by Yovatsap »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: June 07, 2012, 01:17:21 am »

press z, find the stocks tab, find drinks. If you have an extremely large amount of a certain drink, press z and disable brewing for that plant in the Kitchen tab.

And by the way: Disable cooking for plants which make good-value drinks, such as sun berries->sunshine. You can also disable cooking if you have other sources of food and/or have a low amount of a certain plant.

don't worry about the stocks tab, drinks show up in the kitchen menu too (at least did last time I played the game). As said, when you find you only have dwarven wine or the like, turn off plump helmets for brewing for a while
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

DTF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: June 07, 2012, 01:45:39 am »

To see what he is brewing at the moment: press 't' and hover of the still, it'll show what kind of items are in the shop, including the plants he is currently using. As said, if you want him to stop making dwarven wine, go into the kitchen tab in the z-screen.
(a>b) ? false : true

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: June 07, 2012, 08:15:17 am »

I alternate between downstairs, up-/downstairs and upstairs in a 3x3 arrangement, easy to designate with the help of macros. Ramps are better for FPS is said, tho.

stairs.mak:
Code: [Select]
stairs downward 3x3 alternating
D_DESIGNATE
End of group
DESIGNATE_STAIR_UPDOWN
End of group
SELECT
End of group
CURSOR_DOWN
End of group
CURSOR_DOWN
End of group
SELECT
End of group
CURSOR_RIGHT
End of group
DESIGNATE_STAIR_DOWN
End of group
SELECT
End of group
CURSOR_UP
End of group
CURSOR_UP
End of group
SELECT
End of group
CURSOR_RIGHT
End of group
DESIGNATE_STAIR_UP
End of group
SELECT
End of group
CURSOR_DOWN
End of group
CURSOR_DOWN
End of group
SELECT
End of group
CURSOR_UPLEFT
End of group
CURSOR_UPLEFT
End of group
CURSOR_DOWN_Z
End of group
SELECT
End of group
CURSOR_DOWN
End of group
CURSOR_DOWN
End of group
SELECT
End of group
DESIGNATE_STAIR_UPDOWN
End of group
CURSOR_RIGHT
End of group
SELECT
End of group
CURSOR_UP
End of group
CURSOR_UP
End of group
SELECT
End of group
DESIGNATE_STAIR_DOWN
End of group
CURSOR_RIGHT
End of group
SELECT
End of group
CURSOR_DOWN
End of group
CURSOR_DOWN
End of group
SELECT
End of group
CURSOR_UPLEFT
End of group
CURSOR_UPLEFT
End of group
CURSOR_DOWN_Z
End of group
SELECT
End of group
CURSOR_DOWN
End of group
CURSOR_DOWN
End of group
SELECT
End of group
DESIGNATE_STAIR_UP
End of group
CURSOR_RIGHT
End of group
SELECT
End of group
CURSOR_UP
End of group
CURSOR_UP
End of group
SELECT
End of group
CURSOR_RIGHT
End of group
DESIGNATE_STAIR_UPDOWN
End of group
SELECT
End of group
CURSOR_DOWN
End of group
CURSOR_DOWN
End of group
SELECT
End of group
CURSOR_UPLEFT
End of group
CURSOR_UPLEFT
End of group
CURSOR_DOWN_Z
End of group
CUSTOM_CTRL_R
End of group
End of macro
Thanks!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: June 07, 2012, 08:41:00 am »

Can werecreatures destroy buildings?

Yovatsap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: June 07, 2012, 09:20:22 am »

Can werecreatures destroy buildings?
Only if the transformed creature is a building destroyer. Haven't had it happen though...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: June 07, 2012, 09:26:10 am »

Kay. I'm considering putting the beds in my hospital in separate rooms with doors to prevent another werecreature hospital massacre slash wereplague outbreak. Can werecreatures open doors while transformed?

Yovatsap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: June 07, 2012, 09:35:00 am »

Kay. I'm considering putting the beds in my hospital in separate rooms with doors to prevent another werecreature hospital massacre slash wereplague outbreak. Can werecreatures open doors while transformed?
WAIT! Just double-checked from the wiki and it seems they are building destroyers. You'll need a bridge system and fast lever-pulling dwarves for that isolation/quarantine to work.

I really can't believe I never noticed them being building destroyers. Although I have never let one enter my fort. My dwarves made short work of them so far. But I never expected anything much from a weregoat...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:39:08 am by Yovatsap »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: June 07, 2012, 09:37:02 am »

Eh, I'll just replace "doors" with "cage traps". They sometimes sneak in as migrants.

Yovatsap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: June 07, 2012, 09:43:31 am »

Would cage traps work on secertly-werebeast-migrants?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: June 07, 2012, 09:45:21 am »

Only once they transform. Otherwise they'd all get caught when they come in via the trapped entrance.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: June 07, 2012, 09:57:07 am »

Do werecursed dwarves still eat and drink?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: June 07, 2012, 10:25:23 am »

To see what he is brewing at the moment: press 't' and hover of the still, it'll show what kind of items are in the shop, including the plants he is currently using. As said, if you want him to stop making dwarven wine, go into the kitchen tab in the z-screen.

Oddly, the biggest issue for me is that all my dwarves seem to go far out of their way to go eat the plump helmets in my farming / brewing stockpile, instead of the giant pile of masterful prepared meals directly adjacent to my enormous dining hall.  There are seeds all over my beautiful dining hall... any idea why they seem to actively avoid eating the prepared meals?

I seriously doubt a fancy ramp design gives any significant performance increase over a simple up/down stair shaft.  I don't think any science has been done on this in 0.34.x at all.

I have always just used up/down stairs so can't vouch either way, but here's a thread that at least has a bunch of anecdotal evidence.  I'm in the process of slowly replacing stairs with ramps in my fort to see if I notice any effect...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:29:19 am by Xen0n »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: June 07, 2012, 10:39:27 am »

Oddly, the biggest issue for me is that all my dwarves seem to go far out of their way to go eat the plump helmets in my farming / brewing stockpile, instead of the giant pile of masterful prepared meals directly adjacent to my enormous dining hall.  There are seeds all over my beautiful dining hall... any idea why they seem to actively avoid eating the prepared meals?

Do you have a economy yet? Your dwarves might not be able to afford the masterful meals.

IGNORE THIS POST. NOTHING TO SEE HERE. MOVE ALONG NOW CITIZEN.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:47:42 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 422