Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 881428 times)

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #2040 on: June 04, 2012, 07:32:41 pm »

My miner got hurt while sealing away the demons, it says he has an overlapping compound fracture in the right hip or something along those lines. He's been in the traction bench for several months now and is continuously evaluated by the doctors, but there isn't any change in his health screen about that compound fracture.
Traction benches are bugged: dwarfs will stay in them forever.  Deconstruct the bench.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2041 on: June 04, 2012, 07:39:53 pm »

My miner got hurt while sealing away the demons, it says he has an overlapping compound fracture in the right hip or something along those lines. He's been in the traction bench for several months now and is continuously evaluated by the doctors, but there isn't any change in his health screen about that compound fracture.
Traction benches are bugged: dwarfs will stay in them forever.  Deconstruct the bench.
Not true, I have had dwarves released from traction benches when their injuries were completely healed.  It just isn't a high-priority job, so if you don't have a dedicated medical staff it might not get done promptly.  It can also take most of a year for a really bad fracture to heal, so being still stuck in a traction bench after several months might simply mean the injury hasn't healed yet.

You can tell when the dwarf doesn't need the traction bench anymore by looking at their medical screen.  If it says they still have an overlapping compound fracture, then they aren't ready to be released yet.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: June 04, 2012, 09:48:50 pm »

And don't forget to include that medic room in the safety burrow.  I've lost lots of tractioned dwarfs getting really good toughness increases, because I forgot to give them water.  As a result of sticking all my dorfs, nurses included up in the safety burrow. Ooopsie!  Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: June 05, 2012, 08:58:58 pm »

You might also want to check the dwarf's description to see if he is "slow to heal" or something.
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: June 05, 2012, 09:54:56 pm »

Thanks guys, turns out he was just really badly injured and that fracture took all that time to heal. He is back up again now :)

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: June 05, 2012, 10:28:40 pm »

Thanks guys, turns out he was just really badly injured and that fracture took all that time to heal. He is back up again now :)

There a terrible bone pun in here somewhere I could make to go along with your avatar, but I choose instead to go to bed.  You're welcome.

DTF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: June 06, 2012, 03:21:08 am »

When exactly does a dwarf start falling down a stairs? Does he have to be unconscious or stunned? Can he accidentally dodge down stairs when he happens to stand or end up on one?

If the first two are true, I'm thinking about building downstairs everywhere behind my fortifications so that a dwarf who has gone unconsciouss due to heavy damage/extreme pain will automatically fall down a z-level out of enemy fire where he can be safely recovered and shipped off to the hospital.
(a>b) ? false : true

Yovatsap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: June 06, 2012, 03:36:41 am »

Would I still be safe from vermin if all of my cats were in a cage?

DTF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: June 06, 2012, 03:40:43 am »

Unless you have a legendary trapper: no. 2-3 cats should keep the fortress fairly clean if you limit the area they can go to to the ones that matter.
(a>b) ? false : true

Yovatsap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: June 06, 2012, 03:49:40 am »

Unless you have a legendary trapper: no. 2-3 cats should keep the fortress fairly clean if you limit the area they can go to to the ones that matter.
Hmm... K then, thanks. I guess I'll cage all of my dogs and puppies. I have a  war cheetah breeding program going on anyway... It just got too crowded in the fort.

Yovatsap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: June 06, 2012, 05:46:05 am »

What would happen if some dwarves were to pull a lever that coincidentally happened to link to a bridge that would accidentally fall on a noble? Would the dwarves be criminals?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: June 06, 2012, 06:25:30 am »

Nope.
You know, accidents happen, things break... Some dwarfs are clumsy. We wouldn't want anyone to come to harm, would we?
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: June 06, 2012, 07:34:44 am »

Still, if you have lots of idle useless migrants anyway, assigning them a job that trains Agility AND keeps the fortress verminless may be an idea worth considering.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Yovatsap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: June 06, 2012, 08:15:54 am »

Still, if you have lots of idle useless migrants anyway, assigning them a job that trains Agility AND keeps the fortress verminless may be an idea worth considering.
No-migrant fort. So I only have 13 able-bodied dwarves :D

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: June 06, 2012, 08:53:59 am »

I can never figure out what to do with the vermin once they've caught them...
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 422