Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 881503 times)

saintjebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #1965 on: May 28, 2012, 09:59:40 pm »

Sorry about the double post, but how can I engrave constructed floors? I thought that you could engrave them if they were constructed with blocks, rather than rough stone, and that's what the wiki says. I'm not able to designate them for engraving, though.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: May 28, 2012, 10:07:31 pm »

You can't engrave constructions, only smoothed natural tiles.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: May 29, 2012, 01:23:53 am »

(d), (n) to remove constructions
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: May 29, 2012, 03:12:11 am »

Quick question: Do hatches block rail access?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: May 29, 2012, 03:46:23 am »

Hmm, hauling is pretty weird in 0.34.08.  I'd say there are some bugs to be worked through.

I had a stack of prickle berries [5] lying in the open on the surface -- gathered by my herbalist -- which never got hauled to my plant stockpile.  They withered.  All my starting 7 have all the hauling labors enabled, and most of them were idle the whole time.  The plant stockpile had dozens of unoccupied spots.  (It's possible that the gathering was done while I was in the process of removing the initial surface food stockpile and designating the underground stockpile.  But still, someone should've moved those berries.)  I had at least one completely empty, non-designated barrel sitting in the carpenter's shop, too.

When I made my cloth stockpile, the dwarves brought the thread and cloth there, along with a bin.  They put the cloth and thread into the bin.  Then one of the dwarves hauled the bin full of cloth & thread up to the surface, and then back down to the stockpile.  I'm not sure if that's a bug or not... there might have been something up there that he was collecting in the bin.  But it's quite odd.

Similar issues here:

The problem i have with 34.10 is that my retards take bins out to collect stuff, but what happens is they mix different quality levels into the same bins, and because i have my stockpiles separated into quality tiers i have bins laying all over the place as there is no one place that accepts for example every cloth quality tier. It seems the game just sees "cloth bin" and so sticks any and every sort of cloth into it. They also have a habit of filling fresh bins with multiple different items, ie bars and cloth together, and so again they just sit around not being able to be moved into a stockpile.

This is a 34.07 fort moved into 34.10 but i don't see why that should effect it like this.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: May 29, 2012, 05:27:06 am »

If I make my fortress the Mountainhome (with king and all that), then abandon it, and start an adventurer, will dwarves of that civilization give correct directions to the fort if I ask them about the capital?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: May 29, 2012, 07:28:29 am »

I thought that you could engrave [floors] if they were constructed with blocks, rather than rough stone, and that's what the wiki says.

Where does the wiki say this?
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: May 29, 2012, 08:10:31 am »

nowhere afaikfrom wiki 'engraving'

You cannot engrave constructed floors or walls.

the wiki says nothing on 'block' about engraving, or in the 'floor' entry
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 12:52:22 am by Garath »
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

JarinArenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: May 29, 2012, 10:39:14 pm »

So, I apparently have a talent for generating worlds without HFS. It's not the seed, and I've tweaked a number of things and still get nothing... what's wrong with my worldgen?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Using dfhack "reveal" I run down to the bottom of the world, and all I see is some semi-molten rock and some broken nonexistent areas in a few squares. Tried unpausing while revealed, just in case, but nothing.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #1974 on: May 29, 2012, 10:46:18 pm »

So, I apparently have a talent for generating worlds without HFS. It's not the seed, and I've tweaked a number of things and still get nothing... what's wrong with my worldgen?

Using dfhack "reveal" I run down to the bottom of the world, and all I see is some semi-molten rock and some broken nonexistent areas in a few squares. Tried unpausing while revealed, just in case, but nothing.
The HFS is in the "broken nonexistent areas".  Try doing "reveal hell" instead.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: May 30, 2012, 07:55:29 am »

If I make my fortress the Mountainhome (with king and all that), then abandon it, and start an adventurer, will dwarves of that civilization give correct directions to the fort if I ask them about the capital?

Tested it, disappointingly: "There is no capital." Maybe the use of dfhack's Lair tool, maybe not.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Blurk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: May 30, 2012, 10:15:41 am »

Random question, can demons be reanimated once dead or turned in to husks?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: May 30, 2012, 11:16:52 am »

Random question, can demons be reanimated once dead or turned in to husks?

I think they have [CANNOT_UNDEAD]. A small mercy, considering how hard it can be to kill them in the first place.

backora900

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: May 30, 2012, 02:39:30 pm »

What does drainage means on embark screen?
Does it have any connection with murky pools? (low drainage = lower number of pools ?)
Or is it connected with aquifier?

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: May 30, 2012, 02:48:50 pm »

How do you get rid of all the fungi and stuff from floors in your fort?
THE DEMONS ESCAPED MY ICE TRAP AND NOW MY LAST WARRIOR IS SMACKING THEM ALL DOWN WITH HER DECEASED TODDLER OH GOD THE BOOZE JUST EXPLODED AND THERE'S SMOKE AND FIRE EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 422