Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 881584 times)

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #1695 on: May 10, 2012, 02:57:09 am »

I just noticed i have some crafts made out of gems, ie red flash opal ring...i didn't think that was possible? i thought you could only cut and encrust with them.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: May 10, 2012, 02:59:46 am »

seems to be a strange by-product of cutting gems. I usually see it when training my gemcutters on green glass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Enki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: May 10, 2012, 06:32:07 am »

My dwarves don't haul the stuff lying around into the designated stockpile. Any idea why?

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: May 10, 2012, 06:55:57 am »

seems to be a strange by-product of cutting gems. I usually see it when training my gemcutters on green glass

Makes sense. I have only like 3 or 4 and don't recall seeing any in the previous 6 years in this fort. He's about 600xp away from legendary.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #1699 on: May 10, 2012, 07:15:27 am »

I just noticed i have some crafts made out of gems, ie red flash opal ring...i didn't think that was possible? i thought you could only cut and encrust with them.
Gemcutters will randomly create large gems and gem crafts when cutting gems.  The more skilled the gemcutter the more likely this is to happen.  My forts are usually inundated with green glass trinkets after a while, because of the continuous loop green glass encrustation cycle.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: May 10, 2012, 07:22:59 am »

My dwarves don't haul the stuff lying around into the designated stockpile. Any idea why?

What stuff?  What stockpile?  Is the stockpile full?  Are the dwarves busy?  Is the stuff owned by a particular dwarf?  Is it marked for a job?  Is it claimed by the military?
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Enki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: May 10, 2012, 08:10:37 am »

What stuff?  What stockpile?  Is the stockpile full?  Are the dwarves busy?  Is the stuff owned by a particular dwarf?  Is it marked for a job?  Is it claimed by the military?
All kinds of stuff: Quivers, bolts, logs, gems, food. Stuff should be hauled to a custom stockpile, and it isn't full, it is nearly empty. Got 20 to 25 idlers and nothing of that stuff is owned by anyone or used in any jobs, neither is it forbidden.

Dorfimedes

• Bay Watcher
  • The Human Baby is caught in a burst of flames!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: May 10, 2012, 10:23:25 am »

All kinds of stuff: Quivers, bolts, logs, gems, food. Stuff should be hauled to a custom stockpile, and it isn't full, it is nearly empty. Got 20 to 25 idlers and nothing of that stuff is owned by anyone or used in any jobs, neither is it forbidden.
Do you have an active burrow that might be preventing them from pathing there? Actually, screenshots or a map would be good.
"It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -Someone who has never played DF.

The Human Baby has died in the heat.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: May 10, 2012, 10:28:16 am »

Do you hide stone? Is there hidden stuff on the stockpile? press d-b-H to check.
Check yoru standing orders to see if anything is being ignored. press o

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: May 10, 2012, 11:51:09 am »

can they actually reach the goods and the stockpile. If you used ramps, many people make mistakes in that. While mistakes with stairs are less common, it happens
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: May 10, 2012, 02:43:38 pm »

Is there any way to check the local region's animal population in a given fort? I'm curious whether or not any GCS will ever walk into my fort's caverns.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: May 10, 2012, 02:53:59 pm »

I think there is in legends mode. You'd have to copy your save and rename it

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #1707 on: May 10, 2012, 02:55:43 pm »

You can look at the world and site populations in legends mode, but that won't tell you how many creatures there are living in your local biome.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: May 10, 2012, 02:57:32 pm »

You can look at the world and site populations in legends mode, but that won't tell you how many creatures there are living in your local biome.

I know it's possible, just not how. any suggestions?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #1709 on: May 10, 2012, 03:22:15 pm »

I know it's possible, just not how. any suggestions?

I have never seen any method of getting a per-biome population list.  I'd like to know of one, but I don't think there is any way.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 422