Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 881786 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #1605 on: May 07, 2012, 12:04:57 am »

While I'm here, my dwarfs can't make shirts (never seen that before), and some of them aren't happy from my vests, tunics, dresses, and togas. Do I really have to buy shirts to make the prudes happy?
Those should be working. Are you sure your dwarves are continually getting the bad thoughts, or are they older thoughts?

SnK-Arcbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: May 07, 2012, 01:13:19 am »

While I'm here, my dwarfs can't make shirts (never seen that before), and some of them aren't happy from my vests, tunics, dresses, and togas. Do I really have to buy shirts to make the prudes happy?
Those should be working. Are you sure your dwarves are continually getting the bad thoughts, or are they older thoughts?
It's only my military dwarves. Previously it was just the uncovered thought, but now it's the shirtless thought. I've had two go insane with melancholy (one after having the shirtless thought), and have had the same clothing related thought for almost 2 years now. I have two more who are unhappy both also with the shirtless thought and uncovered. None of the civilian dwarfs have clothing bad thoughts. Their uniform is fully covered + a cloak.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: May 07, 2012, 02:33:26 am »

I had uniform set to 'replace clothing' and didn't designate shirts/shoes/etc and had a squad go nuts once.

Are you ordering your dwarfs to go naked?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: May 07, 2012, 03:28:09 am »

uncovered is from no pants. check if they actually wear the cloak. Military sometimes have trouble putting new clothes on. I just put them to wear "over clothing". It lets you designate a few less layers, but unless you try to get the max layering (plate, chain shirtx3, cloakx6 or whatever it was) it doesn't affect your units anymore, since they will put on the pants and such on there own now. It was only ever really needed to get them to put normal clothes on at all, like leather trousers
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: May 07, 2012, 09:33:09 am »

I dump them into a quantum "stockpile".  I never make refuse stockpiles.  Well, except for that one time I tried it because Toady said used clothing would be stored there and would rot away, except that it didn't work.

Just curious, but if you never make a refuse stockpile, how do you deal with vermin corpses?
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

gestahl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: May 07, 2012, 11:05:23 am »

So I started a new world and found what would have been a nice embark if someone hadn't decided to build something on it. I go into legends to see who is taking up my prime real estate and turns out it's a dwarven civ who's queen "became obsessed with their own mortality" a few years before worldgen ended.

Does "became obsessed with their own mortality" mean she's a necromancer? or should I fire worldgen back up and let it run untill someone "teaches her the secrets of life and death"?
Cultural assimilation through conquest.
Sure, got a few unburied corpses lying around

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #1611 on: May 07, 2012, 11:27:49 am »

"became obsessed with their own mortality" means that she was only a few years away from becoming a necromancer, but didn't get the chance to before you stopped worldgen.  Had you run it longer, she probably would have.  She won't now, since history stops at the end of worldgen.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

gestahl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: May 07, 2012, 11:35:50 am »

thanks. guess I'll fire that one back up then
Cultural assimilation through conquest.
Sure, got a few unburied corpses lying around

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: May 07, 2012, 05:27:02 pm »

Question: does mist clean anything at all, or it just makes dwarves happy?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: May 07, 2012, 06:09:08 pm »

Unknown. In 40d it did, but there have been inconclusive results (some yes, some no) from cleaning tiles of contaminants. Feel free to test it out and come back with your results though.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #1615 on: May 07, 2012, 09:53:38 pm »

It doesn't seem to clean tiles it hits, but it may clean contamination off dwarves who walk through it.  That contamination may then get on any dwarf who walks through the tile.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: May 07, 2012, 10:06:27 pm »

Besides *death* is there any method of replacing your current baron?  My current baron is good, but she's my only skilled glassmaker.

Goodguy3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: May 07, 2012, 10:30:39 pm »

I can't help but notice that my mighty warrior dwarves are amassing kills, but not bestowing names upon their weapons. .was this removed?
It was a few moments later that my brain supplied the information that it might actually be the name for a male Ostrich..

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: May 07, 2012, 11:05:41 pm »

I can't help but notice that my mighty warrior dwarves are amassing kills, but not bestowing names upon their weapons. .was this removed?
No, it's still there.

Goodguy3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: May 07, 2012, 11:32:58 pm »

Was it modified in any way? A previous version fort I had several named (non artifact) weapons.
It was a few moments later that my brain supplied the information that it might actually be the name for a male Ostrich..
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 422