Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 882117 times)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #1200 on: April 09, 2012, 01:39:29 pm »

Try the Clothier's shop.  The wiki's not complete for this yet, but if your civilization can make those, and if they're clothes, then they should be available as a job in the Clothier's shop.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Drecker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: April 09, 2012, 01:41:31 pm »

Try the Clothier's shop.  The wiki's not complete for this yet, but if your civilization can make those, and if they're clothes, then they should be available as a job in the Clothier's shop.
I looked there, but it couldn't be made in Clothier's shop...

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: April 09, 2012, 02:38:43 pm »

braies are usually foreign, I've never had them not be foreign.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Sinlessraptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: April 09, 2012, 02:46:47 pm »

I've just had a random dorf found dead. There was a long trail of blood from the corpse to a spot on a very busy tunnel. Nothing comes up under the Justice tab. The fuck could have happened?

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: April 09, 2012, 03:13:29 pm »

I've just had a random dorf found dead. There was a long trail of blood from the corpse to a spot on a very busy tunnel. Nothing comes up under the Justice tab. The fuck could have happened?
I had this once after the humans sent a demon diplomat to my fort. The "extract" he trailed around the map caused people (especially unclothed people) to bleed to death.

So I'd say you've got a contaminent on your map, probably from a Forgotten Beas or a Demon, and your poor dwarf walked through it.

Nick

Sinlessraptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: April 09, 2012, 03:17:23 pm »

I had this once after the humans sent a demon diplomat to my fort. The "extract" he trailed around the map caused people (especially unclothed people) to bleed to death.

So I'd say you've got a contaminent on your map, probably from a Forgotten Beas or a Demon, and your poor dwarf walked through it.

Nick
Hmm, I haven't come across a FB yet, but I did get the first dwarfen caravan.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: April 09, 2012, 04:34:28 pm »

Loo[k] at the corpse and see if there are any contaminants on it.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 09, 2012, 09:11:10 pm »

Consult the gamelog.txt, for any missed messages.  Toggle on every alert.  View his name, consult the r-Reports.  May wanna do that before opening gamelog.txt, as it could be easier. If its year 2 or 3, there maybe a kobold, backstabbing folks in that corridor.  If there are no tantrums, its prolly not an injustice.  However, it maybe cave in.  I've had blood trails and deaths from those.  Course game usually pauses for a cave in.  Hmm.  Good luck, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 10, 2012, 02:06:46 am »

How many time can a corpse be reanimated by an evil biome? Endlessly? If I wack a zombie e.g

I still can't place my artifact table. Not forbidden, sitting in the furniture stockpile, I can place the 7 others tables, not the artifact one.

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 10, 2012, 04:15:38 am »

How many time can a corpse be reanimated by an evil biome? Endlessly? If I wack a zombie e.g

I still can't place my artifact table. Not forbidden, sitting in the furniture stockpile, I can place the 7 others tables, not the artifact one.

Yes, continually until you pulp the zombie entirely.... chopping it up won't help - you'll get lots of animated bits.

Route from stockpile to where you want to place the table isn't blocked? There's not something strange going on with burrows? You've not already placed it, but it's just not be dragged by a furniture hauler? Do you have furniture hauling turned on for an idle dwarf? (although for that last point, I'm understanding that your question means b-t is not showing the table, rather than that no one will do the job....)

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 10, 2012, 06:29:54 am »

Can you view its description?  Does it show in the artifact list?  I wonder if its infact a table, or something else.  Could it be a traction bench?
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 10, 2012, 07:16:14 am »

it was on forbid!! I really don't remember who did that, this is not me I swear... Or perhaps it got mass forbid when I asked the haulers to remove all rocks lying on the ground of the dining hall.

Thanks all, you made me search for the reason why this bone artifact table could not embellish the hall!

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 10, 2012, 08:07:43 am »

did you embark on an evil biome that has dangerous rain / mist of some sort?

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: April 10, 2012, 11:55:11 am »

Any chance to have the true type font (garbled display) fixed soon? Before adding features perhaps?

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 10, 2012, 01:19:36 pm »

Any chance to have the true type font (garbled display) fixed soon? Before adding features perhaps?

You know none of us can answer that, so why are you asking?  Try Future of the Fortress.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 422