Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 882182 times)

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #1095 on: April 05, 2012, 12:22:28 pm »

Are quivers with leftover bolts (same question for waterskins with some remaining booze) which are put back in stockpile screwing DF or the dwarves will be happy to take them for use?

Dwarves will be happy to use them.  You have to be careful about melting, though; assigned ammunition that has been designated for melting will sit in quivers forever, never getting melted.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Darthlawsuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 05, 2012, 08:05:13 pm »

Can doors stop water, pressurized water?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: April 05, 2012, 08:07:01 pm »

Can doors stop water, pressurized water?
Yes and yes.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Darthlawsuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: April 06, 2012, 12:09:18 am »

So what is the difference between a block and a stone? Seems like everything should require blocks instead of raw stone.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: April 06, 2012, 12:17:35 am »

So what is the difference between a block and a stone? Seems like everything should require blocks instead of raw stone.
Blocks are worth more, and are needed to build certain workshops and buildings. That's pretty much it.

Darthlawsuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: April 06, 2012, 12:26:40 am »

Blocks are worth more, and are needed to build certain workshops and buildings. That's pretty much it.
They seem redundant <_<;; I hope there is some type of future plan for them.

Ok so I had a lot of goblins die and they also killed a caravan at the edge of my map. Now if I open the doors to let my dwarfs outside they will spend all year picking up the stuff that was dropped. How do I tell them to ignore it all?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: April 06, 2012, 12:37:15 am »

You can mass-forbid things with [d]->[b]->[f].

Darthlawsuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: April 06, 2012, 12:50:57 am »

Holy shit for once my people are not being retarded and ignoring preparations for the next siege!!! Thanks!

HD23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: April 06, 2012, 12:59:29 am »

will disabling pregnancies in the init file stop my tame animalmen from having babies too?
Animal men don't count as part of your population as far as I know... so I suspect it won't have any effect, but I've never tried it.

UPDATE: My Badger Women had twins, so you're right, init file restrictions work only for dwarves.

BTW, the badger men spend about 90% of their time drinking, they drink, stay in my meeting hall for about an ingame week without thirsty tag, and then run back to the water pool to drink, repeat.

Holy shit for once my people are not being retarded and ignoring preparations for the next siege!!! Thanks!

You can also set the game to automatically forbid items carried by Elves/Goblins as soon as they die.
It is in the [ o ] -> [ F ] menu.

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 06, 2012, 01:00:59 am »

Thanks for the answer on quivers and boozeflasks.

Just to be sure I get it right, door vs floodgate.

Door can be commanded with the q menu, floodgate needs a lever
floodgate can't be captured by invader, doors can, and thus you can't operated anymore. floodgate can still be operated from a lever even if an invader pass through
floodgate can be installed in the middle of nowhere, doors need a supporting wall

that's it?

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: April 06, 2012, 01:28:31 am »

Thanks for the answer on quivers and boozeflasks.

Just to be sure I get it right, door vs floodgate.

Door can be commanded with the q menu, floodgate needs a lever
floodgate can't be captured by invader, doors can, and thus you can't operated anymore. floodgate can still be operated from a lever even if an invader pass through
floodgate can be installed in the middle of nowhere, doors need a supporting wall

that's it?

Maybe a few more things: doors react to triggers (levers etc) instantly; floodgates, only after a short delay.  Doors that are operated by lever cannot be captured by invaders-- levers still work.  Doors that aren't operated by lever can be "picked" by certain thief types.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 06, 2012, 03:16:38 am »

They seem redundant <_<;; I hope there is some type of future plan for them.

blocks can be stored in bins and making the blocks will train up the masons. Anything built with a block will be completed faster than with rough stones, and I'm pretty sure the dwarfs move faster carrying a block instead of a stone.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: April 06, 2012, 03:34:15 am »

Anyway to remove  bad/cheap engravings??

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: April 06, 2012, 03:49:23 am »

not in a way that lets you re-engrave it, afaik

if that is not an issue, dig or channel the tile.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Ralp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://ralp.net/
« Reply #1109 on: April 06, 2012, 05:01:43 am »

Anyway to remove  bad/cheap engravings??

Not on a wall, but if it's a floor engraving you can construct a floor tile over top of it, then remove the construction, and you'll have a natural rough-hewn floor again.  I've heard that this will transform a gem floor or native ore floor to a boring rock floor though, so if you're trying to boost the room value, it might backfire.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 422