Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 882208 times)

Darthlawsuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #1080 on: April 05, 2012, 12:05:21 am »

Are hives broken? My guys keep grabbing wild bees to put in the hive... Infinitely. Aren't the hives suppose to have a colony that you split off?

I blocked off access to the outside and the game keeps complaining the dwarves cannot path out to the wild bee hives when all of my active hives are ready to be split.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 12:18:25 am by Darthlawsuit »

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 05, 2012, 12:29:08 am »

There is some glitch with beekeeping. I'm not sure what causes it, but a dwarf will get stuck/fixated on one wild hive location even if it is not there.

Darthlawsuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 05, 2012, 01:14:47 am »

There is some glitch with beekeeping. I'm not sure what causes it, but a dwarf will get stuck/fixated on one wild hive location even if it is not there.
K. So I should probably delete all my hives then. They haven't harvested even once -_-;;;;
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:28:29 am by Darthlawsuit »

Darthlawsuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 05, 2012, 01:42:24 am »

If I box myself in with no doors can an enemy siege get in by breaking my walls?

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 05, 2012, 01:47:19 am »

If I box myself in with no doors can an enemy siege get in by breaking my walls?

Nope.  Not if there are no entryways into your fortress.  (Although trolls and other building destroyers can destroy floodgates, hatch covers, and floor/wall grates/bars in addition to doors.)
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 05, 2012, 02:05:05 am »

1. if I give no access to the trade depot (because my 3-tiles passageway have the grates lowered), will the merchants wait for me to open the grates, their wagon staying at the border of the map, or I'm already screwed and they will tell me asap there is no passage and leave?

2. if I kill something in the caverns under an evil biome, will it reanimate?

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 05, 2012, 02:12:52 am »

1. if I give no access to the trade depot (because my 3-tiles passageway have the grates lowered), will the merchants wait for me to open the grates, their wagon staying at the border of the map, or I'm already screwed and they will tell me asap there is no passage and leave?

Their wagons will depart, but the merchants and animals not hitched to a wagon will stay.

2. if I kill something in the caverns under an evil biome, will it reanimate?

Yup, unless it's immune to syndromes (like a clown).
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 05, 2012, 02:53:37 am »

Crap. Not carp, crap!

Ok, so is it still a problem to have several depots at once or this is fixed? If not fixed, if there are several depots but only one is accessible, is it ok?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 05, 2012, 04:20:53 am »

Having more than one depot is kind of buggy at the moment. More annoying is that the wagon drivers don't seem to realize that they have to move around the other bugger. Human caravans leaving and running into the dwarf one ariving is not fun to watch.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 05, 2012, 04:37:21 am »

Yeah, stuff is strange in Fortress here too.  I had a good amount of hauled junk moved to my Depot for trade to the Humans.  But some tantrum baby destroyed the Depot, I guess because I didn't have socks for him, not sure, don't really know why the baby flipped out.  I've got two other baby's picking bar fights. 

My question.  I have a Goblin Civilization, it says Goblin, when I first look at it, however, when I tab the window, it shows me three Humans as the nobles in the Goblin civilization.  This confuses me.  I thought Goblins ruled goblins.  Elfs are ruling the elfs and Humans the humans.  Kobold has no info.  Any idea what might cause this?  I had demons set to 0, at worldgen, maybe instead of demons they put humans in as the three goblin nobles.  Ya think?  Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 05, 2012, 04:40:51 am »

goblins kidnap children, right? I mean, "goblin snatcher, protect the children!" is there for a reason.

so if they grow up and beat enough goblins, they can become leaders.
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Number7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 05, 2012, 04:57:44 am »

I... 'found' some really cool domesticated animals in my trade depot... after the elves... left with no explanation... and left stains all over the place...

but i digress, how do i take these giant brown recluse spiders, giant ticks, giant brown bears, eagles and stuff, and implement them effectively into my military? war training on the z animals screen is disabled for all of them.

they're all already 'domesticated' status btw. they are caged in my animal stockpile at the moment

Still hasn't really been answered apart from a suggestion to mod my spider to live longer (which i did, 1 year isnt long enough for me and my giant brown recluse spider)

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 05, 2012, 05:07:43 am »

check how the dog / wardog animals are specified in the RAW?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 05, 2012, 05:12:57 am »

well, for most of them to not run away, you'd have to be able to train them for war or hunting. This might be possible for the bear, but you'd have to add the [TRAINABLE] tag to others yourself. After that you can assign them to a soldier so they follow him around, station them with a chain or pasture, though they have a habit of following their trainer around from a pasture, or put them in a cage attached to a lever and spring them when enemies are close. The spider could be stationed behind fortifications to let it web attackers. Creatures that are naturally agressive don't have to be trained.

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 05, 2012, 07:38:45 am »

Are quivers with leftover bolts (same question for waterskins with some remaining booze) which are put back in stockpile screwing DF or the dwarves will be happy to take them for use?
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 422