Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 882360 times)

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #825 on: March 24, 2012, 08:19:48 pm »

What do I do with a caged goblin snatcher?

If you just want to free your cage, you can pit him outdoors-- over your wall or something.  He'll just run for the map edge, totally harmlessly unless he runs into a dwarf on his way.

If you want to get some use out of him, one popular idea is to sic your guards on him.  I like to always have a few goblins around because they're handy for logic devices.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

ClawlessVictory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 24, 2012, 08:31:40 pm »

@Clawless, l-lowercase L, to list the fortresses artifacts. 

From the main menu?  Doesn't seem to work, and I don't see that option.

Oh, I see.  It appears once an ARTIFACT has been created, not necessarily a MASTERPIECE.  How do I view masterpieces?  They seem to be created quite regularly as opposed to artifacts.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 24, 2012, 08:37:25 pm »

Oh, I see.  It appears once an ARTIFACT has been created, not necessarily a MASTERPIECE.  How do I view masterpieces?  They seem to be created quite regularly as opposed to artifacts.
Masterpieces are just items that have the highest possible quality level under artifacts.
I'm not certain, but I don't think there's a way to view items by quality level.

ClawlessVictory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 24, 2012, 08:50:40 pm »

Can I assign my current dining room to my mayor or will this prevent the rest of my dwarves from using the room?  Do I need to build him his own dining room?

Rude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 24, 2012, 08:52:47 pm »

uhm. ok. so. necromancers...
What do I do?
I made my fort and was all excited to start training crazy things (like hamster men, and voracious cave crawlers) and I thought I would entertain myself in the mean time with zommies so I settled near a tower.
Got a lot of good soldier migrants with axe and mace skill so I had a good military rolling (I brought a couple axemen on embark too with high teaching.) Thought I was in good condition.
"The Dead are walking" oh cool a little action and some xp for my axers... but when does it stop? I've lost a whole squad of 3 axers (my backup, not the good ones) and am now fending off a creeping ocean of hands and heads. 1 macer went stark raving mad (crawling around babbling. He broke his foot. hahah!) in the hospital. At what point is a body part so broken up that it doesn't walk anymore? I'm looking to see if there is a nekky wandering around a map, but I can't find him...

Surprisingly, it's harder to kill a head than a whole zommie. You can behead a zommie, but how do you behead a head?
Update: they got to my refuse stockpile and resurrected a cow child skeleton. It promptly hoofed 2 legendary axers in the brain. The last axer was only high master and legendary fighter, he got swamped and gave into pain after a (headless) corpse punched his ankle through his shin. The cow is having fun taking revenge on the rest of the fortress for his short life starving to death in the dining room (There's plenty to eat outside! why do you have to be so stupid! It's your own fault!). Things don't look good for this fort.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 09:09:40 pm by Rude »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 24, 2012, 09:44:16 pm »

Can I assign my current dining room to my mayor or will this prevent the rest of my dwarves from using the room?  Do I need to build him his own dining room?

Yes, he should have his own dining room, separate from the Fortress's dining hall.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 25, 2012, 05:38:04 am »

Masterpieces are just items that have the highest possible quality level under artifacts.
I'm not certain, but I don't think there's a way to view items by quality level.

in the stocks menu, with tab you can see all items sorted by type and quality.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Henrietta

• Bay Watcher
  • watery mouth lambs
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 25, 2012, 05:50:26 am »

I haven't played since 40d12 and I cannot work out how to make a patrol route for my military dwarves. Is there a quick simple way to say to a squad "go here" like when you drew a blue rectangle on the ground in the older version of the game?

I need them to go and kill an irritating harpy that's been chasing a cow around outside for about 3 months. It keeps scaring my Dwarves :<

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 25, 2012, 05:52:04 am »

what is the difference in butchering return between a child and a adult animal.in the wiki there is only 1 set of butcher items.

if we take the chicken
then i will get:
meat        6
fat           6
Intestines  1
bones       4
skul          1
skin       raw hide
i assume this is for a adult but how many food/raw materials will i get from a chick (child)?
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 25, 2012, 05:55:29 am »

nothing, they're too small, just some bones and a skull probably. Larger animals with bigger 'children' will at least give some meat, I think, but even a puppy, which is bigger than a chick, will give nothing but a skull and some bones.
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 25, 2012, 07:11:39 am »

irt raws; would changing the amount they graze save my war rhinoceroses without me needing to regen the world?
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 25, 2012, 07:13:41 am »

you'd have to change the raws in the save game folder.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 25, 2012, 07:18:57 am »

And that's enough? Thanks. I've given rhinos and elephants 333 like llamas.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 25, 2012, 07:47:11 am »

I haven't played since 40d12 and I cannot work out how to make a patrol route for my military dwarves. Is there a quick simple way to say to a squad "go here" like when you drew a blue rectangle on the ground in the older version of the game?

I need them to go and kill an irritating harpy that's been chasing a cow around outside for about 3 months. It keeps scaring my Dwarves :<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypg7xpleceM

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 25, 2012, 07:50:54 am »

@henrietta ; open the squads screen with s then press the letter of the squad(irst squad should be a) then hit m to issue a move order.
But if you want a harpy dead you could use k for kill then either select the harpy from the game screen or press l to get a list of all possible targets on the whole map. just hit the letter of the harpy and press enter.
Edit: acursed ninjas and their fancy youtube links.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:54:34 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 422