Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 882467 times)

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #675 on: March 17, 2012, 02:38:26 pm »

Are social skills on migrants back? before it was an indicator of possible vampires. If that still is, I got three in a wave of three.

Yeah, they're back (either that or every one of my migrants is a vampire!)  :)  Believe it's mainly due to the historical nature of migrants, now.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 17, 2012, 02:42:46 pm »

What does it means, if my dwarf changes lighter and darker color of himself (such as: my mason blinks white and light grey)?

It means they are legendary in at least one skill. In the case of your mason this will be masonry.

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 17, 2012, 03:28:11 pm »

why my military sometime switch to civilian on and off for a few seconds? Yes the squad is on active/training... Is it a kind of bug because of a latency, or they just finished a drill ?

Catten Semorilral has become a Ranger.
Doren Tadmistˆm has become a Gem Setter.
Asmel Melbilnimak has become a Clerk.
Asmel Melbilnimak has become a Macedwarf.
Limul Amostesdor has become a Marksdwarf.
Catten Semorilral has become a Marksdwarf.
Doren Tadmistˆm has become a Speardwarf.

See Asmel, for 0.2 secs he reverted to clerk then back to Macedwarf?

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 17, 2012, 03:37:52 pm »

why my military sometime switch to civilian on and off for a few seconds? Yes the squad is on active/training... Is it a kind of bug because of a latency, or they just finished a drill ?

Whenever I've noticed this happening in my games, it's always at the end/beginning of a month - I assume it's just the schedule being flicked onto the next month.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 17, 2012, 04:59:28 pm »

That it is. been around for a while now. Has no effect except for creating a possible bad thought
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 17, 2012, 05:57:55 pm »

Do necromancer towers show up in the legends map?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 18, 2012, 04:07:16 am »

Magma crabs. How does one deal with this perpetual nuisance? I'm thinking of simply flooring over the volcano, leaving only enough bits open for my smelting and smithing.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 18, 2012, 05:59:26 am »

Do necromancer towers show up in the legends map?

If you advance the year till after they're built, then yes.

Drecker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
range of fire
« Reply #683 on: March 18, 2012, 06:31:35 am »

Is higher elevation increase or decrease range of fire? For examle: Dwarf No.1 is staying on the ground, No.2 is staying on the top of 5 levels high tower and No.3 is staying on the top of 100 levels high tower. Which one shoot farthest? And what about accuaracy and range of see?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 18, 2012, 06:43:44 am »

range decreases wih elevation, vision too probably. It seems to be like a sphere around the dwarf of say 20 tiles. The one 100 tiles up doesn't even see the ground.
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Drecker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 18, 2012, 07:03:15 am »

range decreases wih elevation, vision too probably. It seems to be like a sphere around the dwarf of say 20 tiles. The one 100 tiles up doesn't even see the ground.
Thanks for answer.  :)

ClawlessVictory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 18, 2012, 07:09:38 am »

I have over 150 dwarves now.  Do I really need to dig out a room for each dwarf?  If so, is there a more intuitive way of doing this instead of painstakingly designating each room?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 18, 2012, 07:20:18 am »

It makes them happy to have their own rooms, but you can use dormitories instead. (q) over the bed, (r) to a size that includes all the beds you want to include and then (d) to set dormitory to yes.

By the way, you havn't been assigning each room manually right?

I just make 2x2 holes, put in a bed, 2 cabinets and a coffer, put a door in place and set it as bed room, let the dwarfs figure it out themself. currently I'm trying 1x4 rooms and manage to set 48 per bedroom level. Married couples share a bedroom, so for 170 dwarves you probably need 120 bedrooms. Easily done. Which is why I set my pop cap at 80.

ClawlessVictory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 18, 2012, 07:29:22 am »

It makes them happy to have their own rooms, but you can use dormitories instead. (q) over the bed, (r) to a size that includes all the beds you want to include and then (d) to set dormitory to yes.

By the way, you havn't been assigning each room manually right?

I just make 2x2 holes, put in a bed, 2 cabinets and a coffer, put a door in place and set it as bed room, let the dwarfs figure it out themself. currently I'm trying 1x4 rooms and manage to set 48 per bedroom level. Married couples share a bedroom, so for 170 dwarves you probably need 120 bedrooms. Easily done. Which is why I set my pop cap at 80.
Thanks for the advice.  And yeah, I've been assigning rooms manually :(  Why is that option even there if it's unnecessary?  Also, how do you set your population cap?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 422