Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 882579 times)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #465 on: March 05, 2012, 07:13:21 pm »

Has the truetype fonts crashing been fixed in the latest version? That is the on thing that drives me crazy about .31 because it hurts my eyes to play with truetype fonts off.

Also, in my quest to upgrade, are there any other show stopping crashes/bugs that get in the way that weren't in .31?

I know there were truetype related fixes in the most recent version.  Whether or not all issues were resolved I cannot say, but some certainly were.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 06, 2012, 12:38:42 am »

Is anyone getting odd little Lagspikes at all while they play? Masterwork DF just updated for .04 and well I was getting these odd lagspikes that would disappear if I touched the keyboard.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

el Indio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 06, 2012, 02:19:40 am »

I am having some troubles with stockpiles.  I created a furniture stockpile that accepted only sand bags next to the glass forge.  I then set sand to collect, however the bags are being filled and left at the sand collection zone. 

I am also having trouble trying to seperate adamantine thread from other cloth.  Adamantine has its own stockpile, and the only other cloth stockpile has metal thread disabled, but the dwarves will only use the main cloth stockpile.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 06, 2012, 02:38:58 am »

I am having some troubles with stockpiles.  I created a furniture stockpile that accepted only sand bags next to the glass forge.  I then set sand to collect, however the bags are being filled and left at the sand collection zone. 

I am also having trouble trying to seperate adamantine thread from other cloth.  Adamantine has its own stockpile, and the only other cloth stockpile has metal thread disabled, but the dwarves will only use the main cloth stockpile.

Know how to get to the mantis bug reporter?  If you doublecheck your settings and they are correct, then smells like a bug.
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 06, 2012, 08:41:21 am »

(1) Make sure the stockpile has empty spaces.
(2) Make sure haulers are available.
(3) Make sure you did not disable anything but "types" in the furniture stockpile.  You must permit all core qualities, all total qualities, and all materials.  Only disable types.  And make sure "u: Sand bags" is brightly lit.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

plynxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh god I'm so tired, leave me alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 06, 2012, 04:14:44 pm »

i have a feeling i've heard of this problem before and that its an old bug - not sure though and too tired to sift through the bug tracker - check mantis out though, you probably will find something related there and maybe submit the save.
What? Go away, I'm sleep deprived...

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 06, 2012, 06:07:47 pm »

Weird question... how do you remove a down stair? I'm especially interested because I consistently use up/down stairs to sink exploratory shafts for finding magma, and I often run into the caverns. I can remove the up of the up/down, but... not the down?
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 06, 2012, 06:10:25 pm »

Weird question... how do you remove a down stair? I'm especially interested because I consistently use up/down stairs to sink exploratory shafts for finding magma, and I often run into the caverns. I can remove the up of the up/down, but... not the down?

A down stair is basically a hole in the floor- you'll have to floor over it.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 06, 2012, 06:15:22 pm »

Can someone explain to me why my dwarves aren't working / why they keep cancelling ALL types of orders.

Ever since the new version (even before mayor is elected) my dwarves been cancelling their orders and every fort I make dies because of this.

"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 06, 2012, 06:45:05 pm »

Pretty sure you can remove a constructed down stair from above.  Not sure about a carved one.  Might try building a constructed down stair where the carved stair is, then deconstructing the down stair.  Might also try channeling into the down stair.

Yeti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 06, 2012, 06:49:00 pm »

I obtained a tame Giant Eagle from the elves, and released it from its cage. When I try to use the "Train war dog" command it tells me there's nothing that can be trained. What am I doing wrong?

Edit - on re-examining the Wiki entry there seems to be a conflict of information. The attributes state they can not be trained, but the article rambles at length about how they can.

Link: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Giant_eagle
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 06:52:57 pm by Yeti »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 06, 2012, 07:09:35 pm »

Huh- would you look at that. I know in .31 they were trainable (and glancing at the older version raws confirms this.) I don't know if it is intended for them to be no longer trainable, or if it's an unintended side effect of their rewrite.

Ploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 06, 2012, 09:39:37 pm »

At what point in my fort's population should I consider implementing burrows?

Also, can anyone recommend a general burrows tutorial thread/video/anything? I pored through the wiki and am still awfully mystified.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 06, 2012, 10:00:27 pm »

At what point in my fort's population should I consider implementing burrows?

Also, can anyone recommend a general burrows tutorial thread/video/anything? I pored through the wiki and am still awfully mystified.

Burrows aren't too hard. They keep dwarves from taking jobs/accessing items outside of their assigned burrow, which generally results in them staying where you put them. You can designate burrows in 3D, and even through stone you have not yet mined. I think burrows associated with alerts are stricter, which works out since you don't want your civilians haring off during a Red Alert.

Depending on how much management you want to do depends on how your personal burrow use will go. I normally make a Hospital burrow for my CMD so he's available to treat injured. I always make an Emergency Burrow that is someplace secure in the heart of the fort, and I often make a legit Safe Room later in the fort's life. Sometimes, if I feel like being more micromanagy with the goods, I'll assign my legendary crafter/smith to a burrow that contains a workshop and only the highest quality materials, but most of the time I let the little drunks run wild and free.

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 06, 2012, 11:20:05 pm »

A down stair is basically a hole in the floor- you'll have to floor over it.

Well. Somehow I thought I couldn't do that. If that's the case, that's all I want. Thanks.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 422