Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 882607 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #420 on: March 04, 2012, 06:45:30 am »

No, there is a skill called crossbowmaking. In the same category as carpentry.

Now, my question is why I am getting a message all of the sudden about a macedwarf that is not part of my fort, entering a martial trance 17 levels below ground, in an area I cannot see?

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 04, 2012, 06:50:55 am »

Now, my question is why I am getting a message all of the sudden about a macedwarf that is not part of my fort, entering a martial trance 17 levels below ground, in an area I cannot see?

Sounds like bug 2267 to me. If you don't have any macedwarves in your militia, it could be one of the caravan guards?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 04, 2012, 06:54:26 am »

Yeah that was probably it. Ok, now for an important question, that I forgot about.

My militia commander is in the barracks with injuries. I set the area around him as a hospital but my vampire head doctor (Good idea right?) will never go and see him. He needs to be diagnosed.

Anyone know what's going on?

EDIT: Another question. Why aren't these merchants leaving? It said they would leave a long time ago, but they are still in the trade depot, and aren't trading. I can't even take my items back.

Both of these took several seasons to be completed.... Don't know why.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:01:04 am by Micro102 »

ClawlessVictory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 04, 2012, 08:18:30 am »

Ugh.. I have a million questions... the interface is so unwelcoming :(

I just designated my dwarves to clean up my food storage area, so I chose DUMP ITEMS.  Instead of dumping only stone, they're dumping all of the food into my garbage dump.  I can't figure out how to make them STOP THAT!  Help please?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 04, 2012, 08:20:04 am »

My Axelord lost his foot in a battle versus an enraged Giant Tick. He is now pale and he lost quite a bit of blood.
Will he die if I don't do anything or is he okay for now?

@ClawlessVictory
Undump the food with 'D'. Or just wait until they dump it all and than reclaim it, assuming you don't dump it into lava.
I always have my stockpiles in the dirt layers to avoid all this dumping.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 04, 2012, 08:31:24 am »

My Axelord lost his foot in a battle versus an enraged Giant Tick. He is now pale and he lost quite a bit of blood.
Will he die if I don't do anything or is he okay for now?

If he lost only a foot and not half of his limbs, he'll probably survive. He'll need a crutch though and will be slowed down badly until he has mastered crutch-walking skill.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 04, 2012, 08:39:27 am »

YAY BOILING RAIN IS BACK!!! /sarcasm.........
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 04, 2012, 09:02:13 am »

Limpy is the hospital now, but will he ever wake up from his coma? I have another dwarf in coma as well but at least he broke half his body to do so.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 04, 2012, 09:46:36 am »

I'm having a little trouble making a zoo. In that I can't figure it out.. Did it change at some point or am I just not remembering how to do it?

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out. Here's a better question: Any way I can tamper wtih the justice system to stop them from eventually putting my precious vampire to death for murdering people, or is the only way to trust his manipulative abilities?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:01:59 am by PCpaste »
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

Captain Goatse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 04, 2012, 10:10:25 am »

I was sieged by about 40 zombies, they were weak, naked and unarmed, but they were also many. It's because I have a "tower" neighbour? The biome is a normal wilderness.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 04, 2012, 10:28:33 am »

Ugh.. I have a million questions... the interface is so unwelcoming :(

I just designated my dwarves to clean up my food storage area, so I chose DUMP ITEMS.  Instead of dumping only stone, they're dumping all of the food into my garbage dump.  I can't figure out how to make them STOP THAT!  Help please?

You press d-b-D Which should give you the cancel dump designation. Then undump all your food. Later, go to your garbage dumb and unforbid all the food.

I personally like to make a huge stone stock pile for economic and ore, then dump all the normal stone, and unforbid it all. All your normal stone in one square and it unforbids anything that might of been put int here by mistake.

I'm having a little trouble making a zoo. In that I can't figure it out.. Did it change at some point or am I just not remembering how to do it?

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out. Here's a better question: Any way I can tamper wtih the justice system to stop them from eventually putting my precious vampire to death for murdering people, or is the only way to trust his manipulative abilities?

You could always accuse someone else first  :P

I was sieged by about 40 zombies, they were weak, naked and unarmed, but they were also many. It's because I have a "tower" neighbour? The biome is a normal wilderness.
I don't know what your question is exactly, and I don't know what a tower neighbor is, but I think your asking why you have so many zombies? I have heard of something called zombie rain, that reanimates all the remains left outside. That might be a source of your zombie problems.

Captain Goatse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 04, 2012, 11:09:24 am »

In the embark screen you can check who your neighbour civs are. Mine were dwarven, elven, goblin, human and "tower". I think it refers to a necromancer's tower (I don't play adventurer mode). My question is: what's causing the zombie invasions? The "tower" civ nearby? I had no strange rain (normal biome, not evil) and the corpses came from the boundaries, like the goblin invasion. 

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 04, 2012, 12:02:19 pm »

Playing 34.04. I recently opened my new jail with 16 3x3 rooms with a chain restraint in the center of each one. I set them to be used by the justice and everything is working good. I got some evil dwarfs imprisoned for not making tin tables.  The problem is nobody will feed them. I already lost one to dehydration and starvation. I even went so far as to turn all labors off except prisoner feeding, but they all just sat around idle in the meeting area. Nobody would give water or food tot he prisoner. I had wounded dwarfs in the hospital in the past and they alway got taken care of promptly. It makes me wonder if theres a bug.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 04, 2012, 01:41:20 pm »

In the embark screen you can check who your neighbour civs are. Mine were dwarven, elven, goblin, human and "tower". I think it refers to a necromancer's tower (I don't play adventurer mode). My question is: what's causing the zombie invasions? The "tower" civ nearby? I had no strange rain (normal biome, not evil) and the corpses came from the boundaries, like the goblin invasion.
That's plausible.

Hit the 'c' key. This will give you a list of all civilizations who have interacted with you. So if the Necromancer is sending sieges it should be on the list.

BTW, the 'c' key works even if the enemy civs interaction is secret. Several times my first warning of snatchers has been the gobboes appearing on the civilizations screen.

Nick

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 04, 2012, 01:50:26 pm »

Playing 34.04. I recently opened my new jail with 16 3x3 rooms with a chain restraint in the center of each one. I set them to be used by the justice and everything is working good. I got some evil dwarfs imprisoned for not making tin tables.  The problem is nobody will feed them. I already lost one to dehydration and starvation. I even went so far as to turn all labors off except prisoner feeding, but they all just sat around idle in the meeting area. Nobody would give water or food tot he prisoner. I had wounded dwarfs in the hospital in the past and they alway got taken care of promptly. It makes me wonder if theres a bug.

No one feeds prisoners. You need to make 2, 1-tile stockpiles. One for drinks only, one for edible food only. They have to be in one of the 9 squares around the chain. Also make sure to have a bed.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 422