Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 879688 times)

Tall Smiles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #4575 on: May 16, 2013, 10:19:44 am »

Yes, it's just hunting, hitting Enter brings up the full log. Thank you!

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: May 16, 2013, 01:54:02 pm »

Is there any way to check a dwarf's exact size? It'd be pretty useful when assigning two-handed weapons in the Masterwork mod.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: May 16, 2013, 02:01:23 pm »

Unfortunately, no.  I believe there's a roundabout way of finding out with DFHack relating to the creature's blood capacity, but past that I don't think anyone knows of a way to find it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: May 16, 2013, 02:20:41 pm »

Older versions of splinterz' Dwarf Therapist branch have it, but it was taken out due to being partly broken. Being able to wield a weapon at all is decided by the creature's size as given in the raws (ie. a weapon with a minimum size of 60000 can be wielded by any dwarf even if that individual dwarf is smaller than the 60000 racial average), but 1H/2H wielding is dependent on the individual's actual size.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: May 16, 2013, 02:26:19 pm »

That's too bad, I guess I'll just stick with giving them 2h axes and seeing wether they single-grasp or not. Thanks anyway :)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: May 17, 2013, 06:51:51 pm »

I have one of the old versions pinned to the taskbar along with the latest version, just for checking size. I'm not sure which branch version I have because the About box cuts off, but it's from 2010.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: May 25, 2013, 09:01:29 pm »

Bump, because this had fallen all the way to page 4.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: May 26, 2013, 03:08:45 am »

good thinking :D
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

firsal

• Bay Watcher
  • A thin creature prone to great ambition
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: May 26, 2013, 03:46:12 am »

Hi.

I'm starting a militia for fortress "Urgeurns". 5 melee dwarves and 7 marksdwarves. Ive decided on the following equipment:

Melee dwarves get a short sword, a breastplate, greaves, high boots, gauntlets, a helm and a shield. All of which are in steel, except for the high boots and the gauntlets.

Marksdwarves get the same gear, with the exception of a steel short sword, for they get an iron crossbow.

Is this enough to hold off and potential threats?

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: May 26, 2013, 03:55:55 am »

Hi.

I'm starting a militia for fortress "Urgeurns". 5 melee dwarves and 7 marksdwarves. Ive decided on the following equipment:

Melee dwarves get a short sword, a breastplate, greaves, high boots, gauntlets, a helm and a shield. All of which are in steel, except for the high boots and the gauntlets.

Marksdwarves get the same gear, with the exception of a steel short sword, for they get an iron crossbow.

Is this enough to hold off and potential threats?

No.  Breastplate + gauntlets does not cover arms, and you have no upper leg protection, either.  Expect your dwarfs to be disarmed any time they meet something sharp, and dislegged as well.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: May 26, 2013, 05:38:17 am »

Greaves will cover the legs fully.  Mail shirt is the only armor for upper arms.  Mail shirt also covers upper legs, so mail shirt + high boots covers the entire leg, sans greaves.

firsal

• Bay Watcher
  • A thin creature prone to great ambition
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: May 26, 2013, 06:25:03 am »

Greaves will cover the legs fully.  Mail shirt is the only armor for upper arms.  Mail shirt also covers upper legs, so mail shirt + high boots covers the entire leg, sans greaves.

I guess I'll que up some mail shirts. Thanks for the info.

Aaarrgh!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: May 26, 2013, 11:18:55 am »

I was researching magma (a project I'm working on), and found this in the wiki:

"Only bars, blocks, stone, logs, and anvils can be recognized as magma-safe - all other item types are considered unsafe, even if they are made of magma-safe materials."

So, let me try to understand this - if my store rooms get flooded, only those things that will survive. Everything else: crafts, mechanisms, beds, boxes and barrels, will burn/melt, no matter what they're made of, if they haven't been built anywhere.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: May 26, 2013, 05:51:57 pm »

Which page is it on?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: May 26, 2013, 06:51:55 pm »

I'm pretty sure this isn't the case, since flooding goblins with magma was a good way to get the iron items sorted from the clothing and other rubbish like the goblins themself. On the other hand, I do remember there being some exceptions, so I could be entirely wrong
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 422