Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 879877 times)

Mr.Pylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #3885 on: January 26, 2013, 04:04:17 pm »

My current fortress is on a volcano that spans a lot of z-levels (30 on one corner) and I just realized that the human traders that had just arrived had left off the edge of the map without going to my trade depot. I started looking around and I found a huge pile of goods and a listing under the Dead/Missing tab for a horse, a human merchant and a wagon (it died I guess?). By my best guess I think that the wagon fell on itself and crushed the horse and merchant while they were trying to climb the side of the mountain? My questions are: is that what actually happened, and will the humans blame me for those deaths?

Second subject, my military seems to only want to equip weapons, chest armour, leg armour and shield despite the heavy stockpile of gauntlets, helms and boots sitting right in their barracks. I've tried manually assigning items to them and they don't go and pick them up. Any idea what's going on there?

Crazy Horse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: January 26, 2013, 04:21:13 pm »

Yea I have those troubles with headwear and boots as well. It seems the regular clothes they wear conflict with certain armor. What works for me is to set equipment to replace their clothes instead of them wearing it over clothes. Need to be sure that you have a full set or they whine about having no shoes and such.

Apparently civs think less of you for every death they suffer on your map and any goods they no longer have vs amount of cash gained from you. They won't automatically siege you for a few dead caravans though.

I too have come to this thread seeking advice as pressure plates are driving me nuts. I can't seem to get my captured titan to set off a test pressure plate linked to a bridge so I started to try to test  plates on civs.  I set a One-Use plate with Creatures Trigger + Civilians Trigger with min weight lowest possible and max at any. Plate gets built and is set to link to a lowered bridge. The mech comes and brings a mechanism to the bridge and works for awhile then goes for a new mechanism and drops it onto the pressure plate destroying it and replacing it with the abandoned mechanism before waddling away with No Job. Bridge does not move. Done this four times with same result. Have also tried bringing minimum weight up to what a Dwarf weighs at 6000 Urist.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 04:23:06 pm by Crazy Horse »

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: January 26, 2013, 04:36:09 pm »

Try without setting it to one-shot.
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

Crazy Horse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: January 26, 2013, 04:44:23 pm »

Try without setting it to one-shot.

All plates were set at One Use Only. I've since tried reseting plates which do not get destroyed in construction and work as intended. Have also tried One-Use plates with Civilians Trigger but minimum weight at higher than what dwarves weigh, these can be built but naturally do not trigger by dwarves. I suppose a One-Use Civ Trigger plate is just not an option unless I'm missing something.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 05:23:16 pm by Crazy Horse »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: January 26, 2013, 07:46:37 pm »

Also are there really only 173 z-levels or is that spoiler territory?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Only? 173 is a fair amount of levels. Maybe you have a high magma sea and a large portion of the map is SMR, but it's more likely that the magma is about ten levels from the bottom.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Foxhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: January 27, 2013, 10:42:32 am »

There's apparently an upward slope blocking a farm. How do I remove it?

Aaarrgh!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: January 27, 2013, 10:45:11 am »

There's apparently an upward slope blocking a farm. How do I remove it?
d->z will designate it to be removed.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: January 27, 2013, 03:17:26 pm »

I was increasing the FPS by pressing alt-=, and suddenly it wrapped around into minus figures! Is there any way I can fix this without force-quitting and losing the better part of a year's progress?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: January 27, 2013, 04:33:11 pm »

If you have DFHack I believe it has a command that forces a pause, therefore allowing you to save the game.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Foxhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: January 27, 2013, 04:42:33 pm »

How do I make booze from plump helmet? It says "need distillable item". Thank you.
edit: Nevermind, I had blue and red confused for the kitchen status.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 04:47:08 pm by Foxhound »

Lightning

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: January 27, 2013, 06:14:43 pm »

do macros count the ctrl that you hold at the beginning (and end) as instructions?

Foxhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: January 27, 2013, 06:22:15 pm »

At 31 dwarves I think I'm being attacked by a Werelizard lady consort. Should I stop everything and form a squad before it kills everyone?

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: January 27, 2013, 08:29:46 pm »

Just wait it out. It will turn back into human or whatever it is and will run away, naked.

Okay, I have a deity that has cursed about 300 creatures into werebeasts... But there was one pretty strange thing:
Deity whoeverIdon'tremember has cursed dwarf vampire to transform into werechinchilla or something.

It's BOTH a vampire and a werebeast? O.o
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

Foxhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: January 27, 2013, 08:51:17 pm »

Thank you. I wouldn't have known it left after turning into a human.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: January 27, 2013, 10:33:34 pm »

do macros count the ctrl that you hold at the beginning (and end) as instructions?
It doesn't count Ctrl-r. Start the recording, do the macro, stop the recording, then Ctrl-s to save and name the new macro.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 422