Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 878482 times)

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #330 on: February 29, 2012, 05:08:07 pm »

Is it normal for sensory nerve damage to be listed in the wrong place? Under wounds my dorf has

---
right foot skin
right foot fat
right foot muscle
sensory nerve damage
---

Yet he walks fine and instead is only holding a shield. I'm trying to figure out if he's being an idiot with his gear or if its actually his hand that's busted.

eta: OK his sword was forbidden so now he picked it up. So how come he's walking fine then?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 05:10:13 pm by Yaotzin »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 29, 2012, 05:14:48 pm »

No motor nerve damage.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 29, 2012, 05:16:28 pm »

Hm, so what's it mean that he has sensory nerve damage? He just can't feel his foot? So is that actually good then? :P

Arg my noble is on permanent break again. For years.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 29, 2012, 06:49:51 pm »

I suspect I missed a file or something - can someone point me to instructions for carrying over saves? I want to make sure I did everything i needed to. I copied the save into the new version, and then replaced the raws of the save with the raws from the new version.

You shouldn't overwrite the raws.  Just copy the entire region1 (or whatever) directory from OLDVERSION/data/save/ into NEWVERSION/data/save/.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 29, 2012, 07:16:24 pm »

Animals only giving one leather, intended or a bug? I get one leather from a sheep. I also only got one Forgotten beast leather when I butchered it. 400+ meat and one piece of skin...

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 29, 2012, 07:25:12 pm »

Animals only giving one leather, intended or a bug? I get one leather from a sheep. I also only got one Forgotten beast leather when I butchered it. 400+ meat and one piece of skin...

Just how it's always been.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Lokathor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 29, 2012, 09:33:50 pm »

Is there a way to size up the TrueType font without adjusting the display of the ASCII tiles at all?
No one answered before, perhaps there isn't a way :(

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 29, 2012, 10:59:11 pm »

I accidentally accused one of my dwarves of murdering someone. Is there a way to remove this accusation? Because I find it ridiculous that I can assign someone as accused but not remove it.

Also, how do I assign people as guards? Wiki is blank.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:40:47 pm by Micro102 »

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 29, 2012, 11:49:50 pm »

My Children are bleeding to death for no apparent reason. There's no combat reports, and no crime reports, I just get a message that so-and-so has bled out and the game flicks to their corpse.

I doubt it's night creatures because I haven't had any migrants for two years, and the deaths just started.

However the humies did just send a diplomat, a Wombat Demon, whose leaving "Frozen Extract" around the fort. Could that be it?

Nick

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 29, 2012, 11:52:19 pm »

I accidentally accused one of my dwarves of murdering someone. Is there a way to remove this accusation? Because I find it ridiculous that I can assign someone as accused but not remove it.

You can't remove the accusation. Your poor innocent dwarf is gonna get beaten.

As for guards, they aren't a feature of DF2012. The Military screen has replaced the Fortress Guard as a feature.

Nick

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 29, 2012, 11:58:18 pm »

Go to the [n]obles screen and assign a Captain of the Guard.

My question: Is there a way to unfreeze ice in a waterskin in adventure mode in the middle of winter?

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 29, 2012, 11:59:45 pm »

My Children are bleeding to death for no apparent reason....However the humies did just send a diplomat, a Wombat Demon, whose leaving "Frozen Extract" around the fort. Could that be it?

Sounds likely.  Time to institute a dwarven bathtub!
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

el Indio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 01, 2012, 01:22:22 am »

Is anyone having trouble trying to Reclaim a fortress in 34.03?  My dwarves just stand there, whilst friendly goblins rush about killing forgotten beasts.

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 01, 2012, 04:26:20 am »

My question: Is there a way to unfreeze ice in a waterskin in adventure mode in the middle of winter?
Build a campfire with g, then Interact with the ice to melt it.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 01, 2012, 04:29:25 am »

My Children are bleeding to death for no apparent reason. There's no combat reports, and no crime reports, I just get a message that so-and-so has bled out and the game flicks to their corpse.

I doubt it's night creatures because I haven't had any migrants for two years, and the deaths just started.

However the humies did just send a diplomat, a Wombat Demon, whose leaving "Frozen Extract" around the fort. Could that be it?

Nick

Yes - you need to get rid of that extract, and if that diplomat comes again, kill it.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 422