Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 881103 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #2205 on: June 14, 2012, 11:00:38 pm »

I've seen dwarves drink from the jails very frequently, for no readily apparent reason.  For the hospital though, I can only recall them sleeping there instead of their own beds in the case where they couldn't get to the beds for one reason or another.  Burrows are the usual culprit, but you ruled that out.  That's all in .31.25 though, something subtle might have changed in .34, or it could really be that the dwarves will just sleep in the nearest bed they're eligible for, but that is definitely in contrast to what I've observed in .31.25.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: June 14, 2012, 11:47:16 pm »

Just an update, if anyone else is having problems with soldiers equipping helms like I was, make sure you're not being a ditz like me and not realizing that apparently caps and helms are both Shaped armor, and therefore mutually exclusive (This seems to be a recent change, since in 31.25 I had them wearing multiple caps along with a helm).  I'm gonna go back and remove caps from all my military uniforms, and remove helms from my civlian uniforms, and see if it solves my issue. :P

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: June 15, 2012, 12:33:07 am »

The little bastards tend to sleep in any bed once in a while.
Probably only for claiming afterwards that they were unhappy for beeing forced to sleep in a poor bedroom recently. ^^

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: June 15, 2012, 06:37:30 am »

It's a recent change yeah
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: June 15, 2012, 10:59:28 am »

Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: June 15, 2012, 12:50:16 pm »

Dwarfs aint dumb.

Mine are.

That's what they want you to think.  Keep an eye on that magma release lever... the next time you're working on an important document in the background, they may just "happen" to pull it, causing massive fluid flow, crashing your PC, and making you lose all your work on your unsaved document.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: June 15, 2012, 12:52:01 pm »

Prolly an ancient quest, but here goes:

Butchering a Giant Coati gives buckets of stuff, but everything goes into the Corpse stockpile pile. The skin can't be tanned, and meat etc can't be cooked.

Is this normal for giant animals?
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

CookieRaider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: June 15, 2012, 01:03:03 pm »

I'm making a fortress in a place where it is freezing, and I was wondering, do kobolds die if they stay out in the cold too long? I imagine that they would, but I wanted to make sure that that is what happens before I make my fortress defenses.

Yovatsap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: June 15, 2012, 01:12:33 pm »

Butchering a Giant Coati gives buckets of stuff, but everything goes into the Corpse stockpile pile. The skin can't be tanned, and meat etc can't be cooked.

Not normal behavior afaik. But the wiki doesn't say anything about it's butchering returns. Lemme check around a bit.
Edit: Got nothing.

I'm making a fortress in a place where it is freezing, and I was wondering, do kobolds die if they stay out in the cold too long? I imagine that they would, but I wanted to make sure that that is what happens before I make my fortress defenses.
The lack of heat currently does not cause death for living beings. Unless of course they are trapped in ice or something like that...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:33:10 pm by Yovatsap »

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: June 15, 2012, 02:55:57 pm »

Nope.  As far as I know, just dorfs suffer it.  Wouldn't it create a mess of code, if Toady added sensory data to every entity?  On the flipside, however, if something, say a kobold, were in water when it frozeto ice, then it would freeze, yes.  And die.  Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: June 15, 2012, 04:27:02 pm »

No. Have the creature raws been altered in any way?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Tubercular Ox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: June 15, 2012, 10:27:23 pm »

What would cause there to be 23 levels of stone between the first and second caverns, when the world gen setting is only 1?

I thought I'd missed the 2nd cavern and hit the third, but then there was another cavern underneath it...  I did a reveal with dfhack, it really is 23 layers of solid stone, no sneaky pipe trailing up or anything.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: June 16, 2012, 12:53:42 am »

What would cause there to be 23 levels of stone between the first and second caverns, when the world gen setting is only 1?

I thought I'd missed the 2nd cavern and hit the third, but then there was another cavern underneath it...  I did a reveal with dfhack, it really is 23 layers of solid stone, no sneaky pipe trailing up or anything.

Unfortunately you can only specify the Minimum number of levels, you have no control over the maximum.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: June 16, 2012, 01:08:26 am »

Does minimum distace between cavern layers have any effect on pits and passages between caverns? It doesn't have to be 0 for them to happen, does it?

I'm only asking because I haven't seen a single one of those cavern (deep pits, magma pools, passages) features since I started using advanced worldgen.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 04:08:40 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: June 16, 2012, 01:45:41 am »

Not normal behavior afaik. But the wiki doesn't say anything about it's butchering returns. Lemme check around a bit.
Edit: Got nothing.

Yeah i'd checked the wiki and did all the searches i could think of before hand but found nothing. It was the fact i'd checked the wiki and saw it had no butchering returns details that i was butchering it in the 1st place so i could fill them in :)

No. Have the creature raws been altered in any way?

Nope this is just vanilla 34.11.

I have a bunch of other Giant things i bought from the elves i'll savescum and butcher them and see what happens.

Update: Okay issue found, it's Dwarf Therapists fault ;p If an animal is set as "Available" to be tamed ingame and then you set it to butcher it in DT then it is already treated as owned and so when it dies it gets put in the corpse stockpile and then given a tomb...it works fine if you butcher it from ingame.

NB: Giant Coati's breed like rabbits/cats. You'll have a bazillion before you know what todo with them, they do give a lot of food stuffs though.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:50:11 am by Intrinsic »
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 422