Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 881576 times)

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #1890 on: May 25, 2012, 11:30:27 am »

How do you assign a wheelbarrow to a stockpile? Must you manually do it, or will a wheelbarrow automatically be assigned when changing a stockpile's max wheelbarrow value to 1 or above?
It's automatic.

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: May 25, 2012, 11:58:57 am »

How do you assign a wheelbarrow to a stockpile? Must you manually do it, or will a wheelbarrow automatically be assigned when changing a stockpile's max wheelbarrow value to 1 or above?

You don't need to assign a wheelbarrow, but it might be a good idea to make sure that you have one (or more) which are not already reserved.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: May 25, 2012, 03:29:38 pm »

Are metal animal traps built by trappers, blacksmiths, or metal crafters? 

Besides them and mechanics, are there any other metal products that are not built by metalsmiths?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: May 25, 2012, 07:24:37 pm »

On the posterior point. I have rejected the liaison thing about a ten times in the past and they just keep asking. Of course that was with an old version of the game, not sure if this is still on effect.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: May 25, 2012, 07:44:51 pm »

how do i make things easier by removing the need of wheelbarows?
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90

theothersteve7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: May 25, 2012, 09:55:33 pm »

Why has the liason not asked for me to promote a baron yet?  I'm at a population of 150 and have plenty of wealth.

Aristocrats are appointed by the monarch. Sometimes the monarch dies during worldgen...

My civ has a queen, Datan something or other. She's a marksdwarf, which is pretty awesome.

Any other ideas?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: May 26, 2012, 03:48:33 am »

maybe next year?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: May 26, 2012, 06:16:06 am »

What's up with the migrants? Some of them, Traders or Peasants usually, turn up at the map edge as part of a normal migrant wave, but they aren't citizens, just friendlies. Why?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: May 26, 2012, 06:29:39 am »

it's a known bug, called the trader bug. I've read that dfhack has a fix but I havn't tried it and my version of hack doesn't have it.

Whatever you do, don't tell your militia to kill them thought. They make great ambush spotters anyway.
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #1899 on: May 26, 2012, 10:13:20 am »

What's up with the migrants? Some of them, Traders or Peasants usually, turn up at the map edge as part of a normal migrant wave, but they aren't citizens, just friendlies. Why?
These are migrants who previously visited your fort as part of a caravan and thus still have their "merchant" flag set.  This prevents them from becoming members of your fortress.  DFHack "tweak fix-migrant" will make them into normal migrants.  They typically make good brokers.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: May 26, 2012, 10:50:09 am »

These are migrants who previously visited your fort as part of a caravan and thus still have their "merchant" flag set.  This prevents them from becoming members of your fortress.  DFHack "tweak fix-migrant" will make them into normal migrants.  They typically make good brokers.

Good, I was starting to worry they are some kind of night creature.

BTW, ordinary migrants coming with 'Getting used to tragedy', 'Is a hardened individual' or even 'Doesn't really care about anything anymore'- is it a new thing? I thought that's specific to the Kingsguard...
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #1901 on: May 26, 2012, 10:53:04 am »

BTW, ordinary migrants coming with 'Getting used to tragedy', 'Is a hardened individual' or even 'Doesn't really care about anything anymore'- is it a new thing? I thought that's specific to the Kingsguard...
Migrants come with histories now, and if their history includes a lot of combat then they'll probably have some value on this attribute.  I had a migrant a while back that had killed over one hundred badgers before migrating to my fort.  I wonder what her story was.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: May 26, 2012, 10:56:28 am »

Migrants come with histories now, and if their history includes a lot of combat then they'll probably have some value on this attribute.  I had a migrant a while back that had killed over one hundred badgers before migrating to my fort.  I wonder what her story was.

That's the funny part, they do have military skills but kills aren't shown in their profile. Maybe the worldgen settings (not reveal history) has to do something with that...

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: May 26, 2012, 11:27:17 am »

military skills could also mean a town guard in a keep, seeing no combat except on friday night after happy hour, when killing isn't supposed to happen. In my experience, the only ones who always have animals on their kill lists are rangers/hunters, the rest is up to chance

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: May 26, 2012, 11:58:53 am »

So... my current fort just lost all but one dwarven child due to a siege, and subsequent dehydratings/going mad/etc. (Said dwarven child may have been saved due to the small blip in happiness given when he slaughtered another berserking dwarven child by smashing his fist through his brain. At age two. But I digress.)

Now though I've had my first migrant wave come in, and get settled in enough that they no longer have the flashing "X" over them. But my nobles screen remains blank, with no ability to appoint anyone (which means I can't form a militia to get rid of the last few stragglers that keep interrupting jobs, for instance.)

Will the noble ranks/ability to appoint them eventually come back for whatever reason, or am I pretty much doomed to scrub the fort and start anew?

E: Nevermind, seems to be a bug as reported in Mantis. Ugh. Guess it's time to abandon.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 12:11:09 pm by Stormfeather »
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 422