Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 881648 times)

DTF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #1875 on: May 24, 2012, 08:58:22 am »

Is there a way to move the cursor more than one line at a time, but less than a whole screen at a time, when viewing the new full-screen lists?  For instance, on the "Stocks" screen, it takes forever to scroll down to "bars".  I either have to hold down the arrow key for just over 4 seconds and let it accelerate, or press the key several dozen times.

You mean Page-UP / DOWN on your keyboard? 
On other screens it may be * and / for page jumps. If that hasnt changed since .07

edit: a d'oh... 'but less than a whole screen at a time' . Have they changed the tab order in the stocks menu? That would be horrible, the "3x down key, 2 pg down" to get to bars quickly is already part of my DF soul.

My question:
how the hell do you make a 1x1 tile pit (that is making the tile an 'open space' tile) without creating a ramp, trapping the dwarf in the pit or building access stairs etc? Am I missing something completely obvious? I dont have the space to create a cave in in the area I have in mind.
Doesnt have to be a 1x1 pit, but I am genuinely puzzled as how to remove the "roof" of an area without ever stepping into it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:00:47 am by DTF »
(a>b) ? false : true

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: May 24, 2012, 09:33:35 am »

"3x down key, 2 pg down" to get to bars quickly is already part of my DF soul.

Yeah.  Precisely.  (And you don't do the page downs first, because then you'd cross over the Stone category which takes extra time to count all your stones....)

The Bars category is in the same place relative to the full list, but depending on your DF window size, it could be on the first page, or the second page, or anywhere.  For me, it's about 60% of the way down the first page.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: May 24, 2012, 09:48:03 am »

how the hell do you make a 1x1 tile pit (that is making the tile an 'open space' tile) without creating a ramp, trapping the dwarf in the pit or building access stairs etc? Am I missing something completely obvious? I dont have the space to create a cave in in the area I have in mind.
Doesnt have to be a 1x1 pit, but I am genuinely puzzled as how to remove the "roof" of an area without ever stepping into it.

If it doesn't have to be 1x1 then you have some options.  The quickest one I can think of is: channel a 1x2 pit.  This makes 2 ramps.  Remove one of them (d-z), and wait for the miner to climb out of the pit using the other ramp.  Then construct a floor over the ramp.  The ramp will no longer be usable, and anyone thrown into the pit won't be able to leave.

(3x3 also works, as the center ramp will collapse by itself.  Then you floor over the 8 remaining ramps.  That was my first idea, but 1x2 with explicit ramp removal is faster and has less wasted space.)
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

backora900

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: May 24, 2012, 05:19:28 pm »

One of my dwafs was attacked by werelizard and was pretty beaten up. If he survive will he be 100% sure werelizard too? Or is there chance that he will be without this curse/gift.
Original werelizard was slain.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: May 24, 2012, 08:37:22 pm »

only if bitten and actually hurt by the bite
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: May 24, 2012, 10:55:04 pm »

"3x down key, 2 pg down" to get to bars quickly is already part of my DF soul.

Yeah.  Precisely.  (And you don't do the page downs first, because then you'd cross over the Stone category which takes extra time to count all your stones....)

The Bars category is in the same place relative to the full list, but depending on your DF window size, it could be on the first page, or the second page, or anywhere.  For me, it's about 60% of the way down the first page.

I'm finding with the 25% drop rate stones count isn't lagging the stock screen so bad when you go past it.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: May 25, 2012, 06:30:13 am »

How do you train war and hunting animals now?  I go to the kennel, but it only has a tame small animal option.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

DTF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: May 25, 2012, 06:38:32 am »

In the z-menu go to the animal tab, scroll to the animal and press w/h for either role. You can also select a trainer there.
(a>b) ? false : true

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: May 25, 2012, 07:57:04 am »

Also need a zone for (t)raining.

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: May 25, 2012, 09:42:03 am »

This game is progressing just a little too quick for me... If fail to nominate a baron, will the liason ask again later? I'd like to have the infrastructure in place before I have to take care of a snotty brat.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: May 25, 2012, 10:07:25 am »

Maybe this has been asked before, but I can't find it anywhere on google or this forum search tool. Is there's a way to create a world with two poles?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

theothersteve7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: May 25, 2012, 10:15:28 am »

Maybe this has been asked before, but I can't find it anywhere on google or this forum search tool. Is there's a way to create a world with two poles?

No, there is not.  People have tried.

Why has the liason not asked for me to promote a baron yet?  I'm at a population of 150 and have plenty of wealth.

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: May 25, 2012, 10:22:45 am »

Why has the liason not asked for me to promote a baron yet?  I'm at a population of 150 and have plenty of wealth.

Aristocrats are appointed by the monarch. Sometimes the monarch dies during worldgen...

Ploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: May 25, 2012, 10:57:21 am »

How do you assign a wheelbarrow to a stockpile? Must you manually do it, or will a wheelbarrow automatically be assigned when changing a stockpile's max wheelbarrow value to 1 or above?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: May 25, 2012, 11:18:37 am »

This game is progressing just a little too quick for me... If fail to nominate a baron, will the liason ask again later? I'd like to have the infrastructure in place before I have to take care of a snotty brat.

yes you can refuse a couple of times. I don't know if at some point they stop asking, but I've had the offer at least 3 times (refused 2)
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 422